+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Get rid of twinks

Rift Master

Default Get rid of twinks

Lower end brackets are completely destroyed by twinks, just one or two twinked out DPS can dominate their entire warfront. It's one thing for someone to use leftover currency to buy a few event items as I do, it's totally different when someone locks themselves at 19/29/39 and buys all the BiS gear, runes, potions etc. If someone wants to max out their gear they can get to 50 and do it there. XP lock was a bad idea, get rid of it.

Currently trying to level three chars via PvP warfronts, but what a terrible experience.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Lower end brackets are completely destroyed by twinks, just one or two twinked out DPS can dominate their entire warfront. It's one thing for someone to use leftover currency to buy a few event items as I do, it's totally different when someone locks themselves at 19/29/39 and buys all the BiS gear, runes, potions etc. If someone wants to max out their gear they can get to 50 and do it there. XP lock was a bad idea, get rid of it.

Currently trying to level three chars via PvP warfronts, but what a terrible experience.
    Not to be a jerk, but in all seriousness? PvP is a constant struggle to maximize one's own output. Maybe you should twink a bit.

because yet another post on the subject was meritted.

next time at least bother to find a thread already on topic before getting on your soapbox.

Playing against a twink is kinda like playing against a P40 player when you're a fresh level 50, EXCEPT that you can simply out level the twink WF's.

So your point is???
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".--Groucho Marx
    "I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30."--Groucho Marx

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeleo View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but in all seriousness? PvP is a constant struggle to maximize one's own output. Maybe you should twink a bit.
    No I think you're missing the point.

Twinks is a lot like allowing someone ten levels above you to enter your warfront, because their gear gives them the stats and output of someone ten levels higher.

Maximising output only really applies to 50. You can of course twink a bit as you level as I do do, but very quickly I am into the next bracket and off I go. What we have no are people who will never leave that bracket, and because they are basically ten levels higher than most of the other players (by value of their gear) they destroy it for everyone else.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadb View Post
    Playing against a twink is kinda like playing against a P40 player when you're a fresh level 50, EXCEPT that you can simply out level the twink WF's.

So your point is???
    They're nothing alike at all. At 50 its expected that there will be a learning and a gearing curve.

At lower levels there should be a learning curve, but not a gearing one, or at least, not as steep as twinks make it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    because yet another post on the subject was meritted.

next time at least bother to find a thread already on topic before getting on your soapbox.
    Oh I'm sorry, but I did title this thread properly so if you can't read the title and skip over it if you don't want to read yet another post on the subject how about you mind your own business and whine somewhere else?

Or is that too much like using your brain?

your thread title is intentionally combative in nature. So it's no surprise that as your post history in this thread suggests, so too are you.

The moment you post on a forum it becomes open to public discourse. As such, it's not a matter of minding my own business ... you've entered the public forum, so I can make it my business if I so choose.

the fact you can't be bothered to respect the forum rules and post your diatribe where it belongs - and instead imagine your opinoin is so monumentally significant it warrants a post all to itself, instead of adding your voice to one of the other half dozen or more posts on the EXACT suggests propper posting practices and common sense are beyond you mental capacities.

Whatever your intended aim was, it has surely been over-shadowed by your abrassive nature and inability to follow standard forum protocal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, but I did title this thread properly so if you can't read the title and skip over it if you don't want to read yet another post on the subject how about you mind your own business and whine somewhere else?

Or is that too much like using your brain?
    He's just a twink defending his rolling of newbs for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    He's just a twink defending his rolling of newbs for fun.
    No where in my post did I mention twinks. I did however make note that there already exist MANY threads on this subject, that the OP offers nothing new to the debate, and therefore did not merit a new thread entirely.

You are also way off the mark in your description of my motivation to twink.

tl;dr - wrong

Banned

No where in my post did I mention twinks. I did however make note that there already exist MANY threads on this subject, that the OP offers nothing new to the debate, and therefore did not merit a new thread entirely.

You are also way off the mark in your description of my motivation to twink.

tl;dr - wrong
    You can rationalize your need to bully elementary school kids all you like, it doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    You can rationalize your need to bully elementary school kids all you like, it doesn't make it right.
    And you can ignore others' POV and stated intentions all you like, doesn't make YOU right.
    Last edited by nemecis; 03-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Banned

And you can ignore others' POV and stated intentions all you like, doesn't make YOU right.
    Sorry, you can't have my lunch money. Maybe you should fight more people who can't defend themselves.

Interesting you choose a school-yard analogy for your retort, since your conduct in this thread has been nothing short of jeuvenile.

Ascendant

I'll be posting a video in the next day or two that illustrates how new players can gear to be competitive in any bracket above 20. I'm not touching the 10-19 bracket because it's dominated by players using characters funded by wealthy mains and that's just not very sporting.

After that, if you don't want to take the very reasonable steps to gear yourself to be competitive in PvP, that's your choice. You just won't be able to say you didn't have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast