+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC DR Groups

Default CC DR Groups

What are the 2 groups? I can't find the patch notes.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Ascendant

Control and Movement

Control is anything that makes you unable to control your character (including Silence).

Movement is anything that slows or stops your character from moving.

its 24 secs DR now right?
    Just Waiting...

- Movement abilities [Root, Knockback, Snare] which were not previously set up with diminishing returns.
    - Control abilities [Banish, Disarm, Silence, Fear, Confuse, Mesmerize, Stun]
    * In PvP, being hit with a crowd control effect starts a 24 second diminishing returns timer. If you are hit with a second effect from the same group (Movement or Control) during that time, the effect is reduced by 50%. You are then immune to additional effects from the same group until the initial timer has expired.

Banish = rift prison? And i imagine VK pulling is the same as knockback? Also transmorg prob falls in the congrol category right?
    Just Waiting...

Ascendant

The DR timer is down to 15 seconds now. Which means for those complaining about it CC not being effective, if you get a target off the DR timer and with no control breaks, you can effectively neuter them for 12 out of every 15 seconds.

I recall reading a thread where a dev stated explicitly that some effects are not affected by DR. He was talking about some pyro effects, but I think other skills might be unaffected also. Some Saboteur abilities for example.

Anyone know what these are?

A couple 'CC' effects have no DR still. But...at least the ones I know reference too aren't your common/commonly executed on target type CC effects. So I understand them having no DR.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-02-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Banish = rift prison?
    It should be since it makes the target invulnerable. However riftwalk which breaks only breaks roots snares stuns mesmerizes and incapacitates, still gets me out of it. I guess that ability is broken. Oops.
    Only way I've been able to counter rs runners anyway.

And i imagine VK pulling is the same as knockback?
    No DR on pulls that I've found. Lulz.

Also transmorg prob falls in the congrol category right?
    Yes, I don't know which category though.
    I think it is a confuse since target can be in combat, breaks on damage, and keeps target in place. Riftwalk cannot break it so it isn't a mes. I could be wrong though, there is just to much CC lumped into these two categories.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-02-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Reason in asking is that ive started to pvp on my mage and i rather know the exact mechanics so i dont get screwed. On my rogue i dont really have to worry about it.
    Just Waiting...

Yes, this is yet again something that would fall right in line with my posted suggestion to Trion in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...abilities.html

I didn't touch the aspect you did but it would apply. They need to end the trend of making this game a dummys game and provide information that increase intuitiveness of the game. Yet again with the DR's. There is nothing intuitive about it. If you have never played right, the only way to figure this stuff out is to guess and keeping hitting things. It's the same concept of being vague with buffs. They need to stop this vague crap. I played more complex games with more numbers and reading on my SNES as a 9 year old. Even the poll they have suggests their age group is mostly 25 - 40 year olds I think. We are adults, we can handle some technicaly details for greater intuitive clarity of the game. An 8 year cant be hassled with knowing "A, B, C and D CC effects all have categorical group and the second effect is reduced by X amount and E, F, G, H CC effects all group together on the DR system". Sure yeah, you wouldn't want that sort of information in a game children are playing because that is too much. That is not too much for people who are in college or working professionals. We are not stupid. There is no need to hide information when it is uncoverable by extraneous testing or direct reading of patch notes. Those patch notes won't be a simple reference to the player who joins your game 2 years after the patch note. What do you tell them? Search our 100+ update notes to find the one you need, or do 100+ tests in game to get a ballpark idea of what they are looking for? Both crap.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Drs should be polished class by class, or at least 6 different types.

+ Reply to Thread