+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Not OK to squirell someone 3 times in a row, but be chain silenced/stunned by mele is

Rift Master

Default Not OK to squirell someone 3 times in a row, but be chain silenced/stunned by mele is

Mages have to deal with DR all the time messing things up for us alot of times.

In warfronts i got several Rogues and warriors on me all the time when i either try to heal my team or DPS.

Most of the time when i try to squirell they already immune, meaning i cant even CC one of those 3 people that is on me 24/7 so i have to deal with them all at the same time. (People HATE purple it seems)

While i trying to keep myself up and run away (it's nearly impossible btw as a mage) i get Chain silenced and stunned by lots of warriors and Rogues and i have to admit this start to get annoying how Trion has gimped mages for too long now.

My conclusion is it seems to be ok to do this to the mage Silence/stun several times in a row while DPSing him at the same time (can tell you that their burst that you planning to buff hurt already as it is now). But it's so so forbidden for mages to squirell or CC you to get some distance thx to the DR mechanic (did i mention Squirell breaks upon dmg). Seems Legit too me, this is 100% ballanced and i bet all mages think we are GREAT right now with the DR mecanic and the poor survivability, long casttimes and shiet healing we can put out.
    Just go look at the scoreboard, Ohm OH Mages got NICE healing numbers along with that Bard over there seems THEY are perfect right now. And it is nothing wrong with the game mechanic for mages...

Truth is Mages have bad survivability in PvP and our CC don't work most of the time, we also have too long casttimes on our spells try go get those 2 sec cast times spells off while that Rogue over there DPSing you.

The Cynderburst that did 1.8k dmg 4 sec castime IS SOOO OP OMG lets go QQ on the forum NEEEEEERF MAGES OMG, but that rapid fire shot (instant) and that Sanction heretic (instant too) is legit and totally nothing wrong with.

While ive seen several PTS updates here on forums about war and rogue ive only come to see some for the mages several weeks ago (mostly the small and useless warlock, necro, chloro,domi buffs if we even can call it that).

Conclusion either Mage Dev himself working HARD on getting mages souls better in PvP right now, or he just ignore us and watching Bleeds PvP videos and think to himself.

- It seem to me purple are FINE, Lets go buff warriors and Rogues some more...

Yes, you go do that and we see where it leads....

So disappointed right now of what the Mage has become as a class in PvP, so disappointed will take forever to fix whats have been done to us.

You can go on flaming now, say were fine and that chain silence/and stunning us while we can't defend ourselfes is OK and ofc that cynderburst is OP and that mages healing are GREAT and that our CC is perfect and that we got LOTS of beneficials since we wear cloth and that World PvP isn't dominated by Rogues in stealth and on and on.

Go on, seem to me Trion knows what they are doing take the 1 year history in PvP as proof. The Buff and Nerf cycles and the Awesome new PvP content we been given all the time, and the perfect world PvP, and the Arena, and the PvP rank Geared based system that is perfect for new players and make them "enjoy" PvPing in this game from the very beginning.
    And the bot issues that get adressed all the time, and the superfun Endgame content.

Everything seems perfect too me, i see zero reasons Rift will loose any subs to GW2...

Playing this game since beta PvP only, Seems iam a happy one aint I.......

/Love Swift

Have you thought why it shows immune on them when you try to use it?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Have you thought why it shows immune on them when you try to use it?
    I doubt he has. According to this guy, rogues are exempt from from all stuns, roots, snares. It's some special ability rogues have that none of us can seem to find in any rogue tree.

Different Drs...
    Plus with skills, PAs, burning stones, no one gets silenced and dumb DRs, no one gets silenced anymore.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-01-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post

In warfronts i got several Rogues and warriors on me all the time when i either try to heal my team or DPS.

Most of the time when i try to squirell they already immune, meaning i cant even CC one of those 3 people that is on me 24/7 so i have to deal with them all at the same time. (People HATE purple it seems)

While i trying to keep myself up and run away (it's nearly impossible btw as a mage) i get Chain silenced and stunned by lots of warriors and Rogues and i have to admit this start to get annoying how Trion has gimped mages for too long now.

My conclusion is it seems to be ok to do this to the mage Silence/stun several times in a row while DPSing him at the same time (can tell you that their burst that you planning to buff hurt already as it is now). But it's so so forbidden for mages to squirell or CC you to get some distance thx to the DR mechanic (did i mention Squirell breaks upon dmg). Seems Legit too me, this is 100% ballanced and i bet all mages think we are GREAT right now with the DR mecanic and the poor survivability, long casttimes and shiet healing we can put out.
    Just go look at the scoreboard, Ohm OH Mages got NICE healing numbers along with that Bard over there seems THEY are perfect right now. And it is nothing wrong with the game mechanic for mages...

Truth is Mages have bad survivability in PvP and our CC don't work most of the time, we also have too long casttimes on our spells try go get those 2 sec cast times spells off while that Rogue over there DPSing you.

The Cynderburst that did 1.8k dmg 4 sec castime IS SOOO OP OMG lets go QQ on the forum NEEEEEERF MAGES OMG, but that rapid fire shot (instant) and that Sanction heretic (instant too) is legit and totally nothing wrong with.

While ive seen several PTS updates here on forums about war and rogue ive only come to see some for the mages several weeks ago (mostly the small and useless warlock, necro, chloro,domi buffs if we even can call it that).

Conclusion either Mage Dev himself working HARD on getting mages souls better in PvP right now, or he just ignore us and watching Bleeds PvP videos and think to himself.

- It seem to me purple are FINE, Lets go buff warriors and Rogues some more...

Yes, you go do that and we see where it leads....

So disappointed right now of what the Mage has become as a class in PvP, so disappointed will take forever to fix whats have been done to us.

You can go on flaming now, say were fine and that chain silence/and stunning us while we can't defend ourselfes is OK and ofc that cynderburst is OP and that mages healing are GREAT and that our CC is perfect and that we got LOTS of beneficials since we wear cloth and that World PvP isn't dominated by Rogues in stealth and on and on.

Go on, seem to me Trion knows what they are doing take the 1 year history in PvP as proof. The Buff and Nerf cycles and the Awesome new PvP content we been given all the time, and the perfect world PvP, and the Arena, and the PvP rank Geared based system that is perfect for new players and make them "enjoy" PvPing in this game from the very beginning.
    And the bot issues that get adressed all the time, and the superfun Endgame content.

Everything seems perfect too me, i see zero reasons Rift will loose any subs to GW2...

Playing this game since beta PvP only, Seems iam a happy one aint I.......

/Love Swift
    Didn't you post a "I'm quitting Rift sucks" message, telling everyone you'll play Aion until GW2 launches? Like two weeks ago?

Bad troll attempt as usual, 0/10.
    Last edited by Nemrud; 03-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I doubt he has. According to this guy, rogues are exempt from from all stuns, roots, snares. It's some special ability rogues have that none of us can seem to find in any rogue tree.
    I've yet to see this guy post anything with a slight clue in it. No wonder he was suspended for a long time.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

So I says to the guy.... get your OWN damn Monkey.

Am I right? Am I right?

Rift Disciple

/Love Swift
    so your QQ is abt you actually die when there is several ppl on you ?! wow

ps : User Problem.
    Last edited by Chez; 03-01-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Its called break free, he probably feel that against rogue becouse rogue in 4 seconds of break free can derp a 10 rank higher and more skilled mage with 123 derp rotation
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 03-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.

ITT: I got decimated by a melee, he has rule-sets I don't.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Playing this game since beta PvP only
    /Love Swift
    Wait.

You've been playing since beta?

That was way back Dec-Jan of 2010-2011...and yet your forum handle shows you joining Sept 2011. You're telling me that you've been so gung-ho about mages that it took you 9 flippin months to join the forums?

Also, if you'd been playing since beta, you'd actually have a clue about how to play your mage in PVP.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Ascendant

So you get focused by warriors and rogues and you die.

Go figure.

Show me someone who doesn't (and don't say healing clerics, because rogues and warriors do just fine in gangs against them, too.)

We could talk about how obnoxious it is to get squirreled and then loaded up with Storm Shackle, TI, and then if you're extra lucky watch the guy hard cast a Cinderburst at you like that's the bee's knees, but we won't. It's obnoxious, but it's not OP.

Tell you team to stop spamming control CC if you're tired of seeing Immune messages. The DR system works if people work with it. I get baddie mages put me on control immunity in about 3 seconds when they squirrel me under fire, squirrel breaks, they squirrel me again, it gets broken by their teammates again, I'm free and clear for the next 12 seconds. "Immune (Transmogrify)" messages scrolling up the screen making me happy in the pants. Love it.

Rift Disciple

Oh Swiftspell ....

As someone who humilates your little mage on a regular basis in warfronts, I can say that you can't be taken serious.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Telaran

And as usual, the L2P crowd goes nuts on Swifty.

How about we turn this argument on its head, shall we?

Library - a rogue i won't name here keeps 5 people busy. ALONE.
    Man i love that rogue, he's badass, and i sometimes spend the whole WF just running up
    to his face trying to burn him down. But the truth is: His class is frigging unbalanced.

Think about it. We were all in R40, i was watching the crowd from spawn point.
    This guy keeps 5-6 people on their toes, in close quarter, for at least 5 minutes.
    Killing 3 of them! Alone, on his rogue. And i mean completely alone. No healers.

Yeah, right, stop the rogue QQ. You know what peeps? Shove it.
    These days i just go bat**** crazy on every rogue that dares to touch me.
    You attack me? You got me hugging your back for the rest of this WF.

Mages need fixing. It's not funny anymore.
    You L2P folks can just lay in the garden and rot away having your daydreams.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Wait.

You've been playing since beta?

That was way back Dec-Jan of 2010-2011...and yet your forum handle shows you joining Sept 2011. You're telling me that you've been so gung-ho about mages that it took you 9 flippin months to join the forums?

Also, if you'd been playing since beta, you'd actually have a clue about how to play your mage in PVP.
    Yes, i joined forum later beacouse i saw no reason to join in earlier. (Iam not really a forum guy, i like to be ingame only).

And iam handle most situations just fine on my mage in PvP i "have" a clue, but that doesnt mean i love they way we are right now just beacouse iam a good player. (Still i think we are little to weak atm).

Me myself Only use squirell when iam in Chloro/Dom i don't run Pyro/Dom (I don't like to rely on a squirell to be able to dps) so those times when i acually use my squirell it's not for the casttime buff, it's only to keep someone out of battle so i can get some breathing room or gain some distance. (And it's impossible with all CCbreakers out there). And also all freaking mages on EU seems to spam Squirell like crazy making their targets immune all the time, making it very hard for me to acually be able to CC. I get punished beacouse other people can't play, that don't seem right to me.

Other time i also have been playing 51chloro running and can tell you that 51 chloro have a hard time in PvP right now. so so bad.

Most of the time i run some healing spec beacouse i like to "save" people i play with, and it's very hard to "save" people specced in chloro these days.

People run Pyro/Dom for the casttime buffs along with the drain etc etc, thing is Pyro/Dom use squirell to get casttime buff and not mainly to keep people out of battle. They run Pyro/Dom since our casttimes are to long.

I would like too see squirell on a CD and DR removed, so my targets aren't immune all the time when i acually NEED to CC them. Using a CC ability to DPS is just a broken mechanic, and devs should focus bringing our casttimes down while removing DR so we can Both can DPS in a good way and be able to rely on our CC abilities.

As i said, i beeing punished for what other mages do in warfronts (spamming squirell on all my targets like crazy). And that doesn't seem fair to me...

When iam specced in heal iam counting on beeing hard to take down, since clerics are and since i don't have any burst when iam specced in it. Would like if the devs gave Chloro some more survivability and better heals, and some more CC break ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast