+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Trisian
  • 3 Post By -Swag-

Thread: Did you ever play library and think...

tau
    Rift Chaser

Default Did you ever play library and think...

Ascendant

I emptied my Rift screenshot folder but I used to have screenshots of LR losses when I was leveling my warrior that showed me with over 5 minutes total holding runes, more than anyone else in the warfront (including the Defiant) and the next highest person on my team had held one for just over 30 seconds or some ridonkulous nonsense. I learned that if you jump down to the bottom tier of the map right at the start of the match and grab the rune that's nearby, when you die it will respawn just in time to jump down and grab it again after you rez.

Over and over again. All match long. I got the achievement to pick up 100 runes in the 30s bracket long before I locked my xp. Then I realized just how much I hated being the martyr all match. If you're the only one picking up runes on a regular basis, you can't afford to be charging in to fight because you're just going to get focused. So now that I have the achievement, and the only achievement I have left to get is to use the teleporter enough times, I tell my groups that if they want to win they need to earn it themselves and pick up their own damn runes. Only if I see them towing the line will I pick one up.

Lemmings is actually a pretty hard game. I beat it about a year ago on my emulator cause I was bored. Even I admit I had to break down and use the internet at times. That game is hardcore. Glad rift isn't as hard as lemmings is
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-29-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

When I play the Library I wonder where all the damn books are.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.

tau
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Lemmings is actually a pretty hard game.
    Trust me, my team was having a pretty hard time too. After I respawned I stopped to look off the ledge to see where everyone was gathered. Well, 1 guy was running alone along the ground floor, another guy was running along the ledge on the other side (vessels we all taken by the other team btw) and 3-4 were getting farmed by the other team who had zerged under our drop point. So I stood there for a few seconds and realized that my team were jumping off the ledge one at a time as they respawned, straight into the jaws of the piranhas. Then I thought "lol, just like lemmings". No offence to my team though, I was no better myself. Just thought it was funny

Well sometimes WF's is like playing Lemmings without the ability to assign them to specific useful tasks.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    When I play the Library I wonder where all the damn books are.
    Glad I am not the only one wondering that.

Or even where are the shelves?
    Last edited by Tufelhunden; 03-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I emptied my Rift screenshot folder but I used to have screenshots of LR losses when I was leveling my warrior that showed me with over 5 minutes total holding runes, more than anyone else in the warfront (including the Defiant) and the next highest person on my team had held one for just over 30 seconds or some ridonkulous nonsense. I learned that if you jump down to the bottom tier of the map right at the start of the match and grab the rune that's nearby, when you die it will respawn just in time to jump down and grab it again after you rez.

Over and over again. All match long. I got the achievement to pick up 100 runes in the 30s bracket long before I locked my xp. Then I realized just how much I hated being the martyr all match. If you're the only one picking up runes on a regular basis, you can't afford to be charging in to fight because you're just going to get focused. So now that I have the achievement, and the only achievement I have left to get is to use the teleporter enough times, I tell my groups that if they want to win they need to earn it themselves and pick up their own damn runes. Only if I see them towing the line will I pick one up.
    That's what happens when kills are rewarded directly and completing objectives isn't. You should be getting XP/Fav/Pres every time you pick it up and every time it ticks for damage. Healers should get XP/Fav/Pres for direct healing you while you're holding one, and DPS should get bonus XP/Fav/Pres for killing anyone attacking you while you're holding it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    That's what happens when kills are rewarded directly and completing objectives isn't. You should be getting XP/Fav/Pres every time you pick it up and every time it ticks for damage. Healers should get XP/Fav/Pres for direct healing you while you're holding one, and DPS should get bonus XP/Fav/Pres for killing anyone attacking you while you're holding it.
    Love this idea!!

+ Reply to Thread