+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Fix pvp for mages - world pvp is broken

Telaran

Default Fix pvp for mages - world pvp is broken

Seriously why are mages so weak in this game.

The only way for them to do anything is to hide behind a group.

I can't even kill a Pinata while a Rogue sits invisible griefing anyone who comes up to it.

Even with full Soothsayer gear a Rogue can kill me in 3 seconds, hitting me like 100 times before I can let off one spell...oh wait ill poly him.....oh wait break free every time......and back to killing me in 3 seconds.

Trion are you joking? Your mages are WEAK. Its almost impossible to participate in World PvP with the way Rogues are.

Especially since you nerf Warlocks.........Fear doesnt even work right......

Your Mages are weak....and you force mages to use Poly and Fire to even have a chance in PvP....

DUMB

FIX MAGES SO THEY CAN HAVE A CHANCE 1v1 END GAME AND STOP PLAYING YOUR CLERICS
    Last edited by Infest; 02-29-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Sword of Telara

Default mages are weak lol

Quote Originally Posted by Infest View Post
    Seriously why are mages so weak in this game.

The only way for them to do anything is to hide behind a group.

I can't even kill a Pinata while a Rogue sits invisible griefing anyone who comes up to it.

Even with full Soothsayer gear a Rogue can kill me in 3 seconds, hitting me like 100 times before I can let off one spell...oh wait ill poly him.....oh wait break free every time......and back to killing me in 3 seconds.

Trion are you joking? Your mages are WEAK. Its almost impossible to participate in World PvP with the way Rogues are.

Especially since you nerf Warlocks.........Fear doesnt even work right......

Your Mages are weak....and you force mages to use Poly and Fire to even have a chance in PvP....

DUMB

FIX MAGES SO THEY CAN HAVE A CHANCE 1v1 END GAME AND STOP PLAYING YOUR CLERICS
    thats what you get for picking a class that has low armor value BRAH! you like to be that liitle annoying guy shooting fireballs and killing but when your posse is gone your nothing

Telaran

so rogues get to 1v1 everything? Terrible....

[EDIT]
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-29-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

I am pretty firm on this stance...

I think mages should have access (in one of their dps oriented souls, ie. maybe pyro and SC trees) to invisibility. Here is how I would do it

- longer duration than rogues (aside from perma sin stealth). No run speed enhancement or 'openers' given, but that is far less needed with a total ranged oriented calling.

I really wouldnt mind seeing mages get a 1 - 5m duration invisiability that works exactly like rogues stealth does without the assassin percs. So basically it would be like Nb style stealth that you cannot enhance beyond its basic working (-30% run speed, general detection range, breaks upon damage taken etc)
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

In world PvP rogues combo of permastealth, lots of CC, lots of ways to escape CC, in combat stealth + high initial burst, is indeed a magnificent failure of outdated game design and simply copyng others mistakes.

Several more PvP orentated games have worked out this is a ridiculously OP combo so they do things like giving everyone limited stealth (as opposed to invisibility) like in Dakfall or Eve, or they don't give big burst damage, as they do for the full out stelath ships in Eve or as they are doing with the thief in GW2.

Count yourself lucky these people are progamming games and not software for aircraft, medical equipment, etc...
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Chloro Dom is pretty easy mode for world pvp, the only class that beats me 1 on 1 tends to be well played NBs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Chloro Dom is pretty easy mode for world pvp, the only class that beats me 1 on 1 tends to be well played NBs.
    Chloro/dom has no burst atall, people only die to them 1vs1 if they refuse to leave them alone just like VK. (And u can still pop Slip away anytime) And i agree with the others, Stealth is one of the most stupid things that got intruduced in MMOs Trion is just copying others mistakes.

Still with GW2 coming who the hell cares that Rogues have it easy these days and are overbuffed, if you wanna play PvP you go GW2 end of story...

Trion doesn't care about mage class, just look how many PTS updates we get on the forums about Warriors and rogues. Still the only thing we have seen for mages for weeks now are the small Warlock buffs (wich is not enough to make it good, unless they buff Voidbolt dmg by faar and make DoT dmg uncleansable) but nothing new atall. Nothing about chloro or that warlock getting further buffs, nothing about removing DR, nothing about anything.

Suucks to playing Mage in Rift these days, if you still gonna stick with the game Roll a warrior is the best thing to do since Devs now have finally notice that the class acually exist.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    In world PvP rogues combo of permastealth, lots of CC, lots of ways to escape CC, in combat stealth + high initial burst, is indeed a magnificent failure of outdated game design and simply copyng others mistakes.

Several more PvP orentated games have worked out this is a ridiculously OP combo so they do things like giving everyone limited stealth (as opposed to invisibility) like in Dakfall or Eve, or they don't give big burst damage, as they do for the full out stelath ships in Eve or as they are doing with the thief in GW2.

Count yourself lucky these people are progamming games and not software for aircraft, medical equipment, etc...
    i agree...this isn't PvP...its straight up zerg or die by a rogue. I have fun playing 51 archon in HK but....PvP sucks...going to any major 50 zone means getting griefed by 1 rogue....

all it takes is 1 rogue to completley grief a mage.

FIX WORLD PVP AND GIVE MAGE SOULS BETTER STUFF
    Last edited by Infest; 02-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    A NB should never beat a chlorodom..

Sin/Rs is actually stronger and much harder to beat.

if world pvp had leaderboard it'd be ruled by rogues.But...
    How do you know permanent stealth is a stupid mechanic? Try to watch Sin vs Sin duel.Whoever breaks stealth first lose.
    As a warrior i hate the fact that they can enter permanent stealth again when am about to finish them.

Open world pvp is for rogues, really simple as that. If you want to do open world, reroll a rogue.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

Default Perhaps a Solution

I really don't have a problem with rogues doing what rogues do best...ganking squishies. I guess it's a holdover from WoW. In WFs my mage is usually one of the tops in DPS and KBs, so I think my mage is fine. One possible solution would be a detect invisibility buff or pot like Warlocks have in WoW...or if rogues drive you that crazy try a PVE server.

In this video ill show you how mages do open world pvp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UVq...6&feature=plcp

Rift Chaser

protip: chloro off the pinata

Rift Chaser

Quote........

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    Mages, PvP and Immunity

Knowing that Mages have the weakest armor, they especially have to pay attention to keep their oponents in a certain distance by using CC´s. This has always been the Mages gameplay and this will probably not change any time soon.
    Additionally Mages should rank pretty high in dmg for compensation for their cloth-armor beeing the weakest protection in the game.

This not being so, because dmg and burst-dmg of all the other classes rank a lot higher as the of Magicians. Furthermore Marksman with a better armor and the highest range can easily deal a lot of dmg while walking and jumping arround. The standart-skills are not debillitating. This being their Finisher, in particular the „Rapid Fire Shot“ is one of the, that can not be escaped easily and causes serious burst-dmg.

Meanwhile Clerics are causing considerably more dmg than a Mage, even, when skilled as a Healer. Thanks to the mentioned Healing-Skills it is almost impossible to bear them down.
    For a minimum a group of five for the most part is needed to defeat them. It could possibly be compensated through out the following 0-Talent in a Healers Soul:

„For each point you invest in your Healing-Soul, Healing will be increased by X% and dmg will be decreased by Y%.“

To keep distance:
    Thanks to the Immune-System this hasn´t worked for Rift in a while. The Mage can not rely to his CC-Skills anymore wich is a great necessity to ensure survival. Especially against Melees in a 1 vs. 1 chances for a win a not as great.
    Surrounded by invincible Warriors and Rogues casts can not be completet due to the circling motion of the opponent(s).
    And there is nothing to oppose the enormous dmg. Even their dmg and burst-dmg (in particular of Rogues) is by far higher as the of the Mage.
    Normaly you could escape by using „Flicker“, however Rogues and Warriors posses many talents with extreme short CDs that prevent the Mages escape. Further Mages CC-Skills such as „Transmogrify“ or „Fear“ most likely vanish into nothing because Warriors and Rogues seem to be immune constantly. The immunity in PvP increases this even more. So in gerneral the Mage has no CC-abbilities that he can rely on in PvP. This will definitely lead to the Mages death.

Since Patch 1.7 I´ve been (after a longer BG-Break) rejoining quite a few BG´s. As often as I tried to use CC-Skills like „Transmogrify“ or „Rift Tomb“ I had to realize that without any exception ALL Oponents were immune against CCs. Why and for what reason do Mages still have CC-Abbilities???
    Dots and Debuffs are beeing cleansed by the Opponents and so become useless.

In addition other classes show talents, that for a short term provide immunity against (Magic-) dmg. And again the Mage has nothing to counter against wich will lead to his death. It would be different if the Mage would have 100%-dmg-reduce-talent to at least ensure his survival for a short time.

The Mages worst opponents are still the Rogues. I indeed do not know any other MMO in wich Rogues are so overpowered as here in Rift. This, and I am sure that any other Mage-Colleges will back me up, is becoming more and more frustrating.
    Rogues appear out of stealth, are stunning, and you die within a second without having a chance to react against.

Stun, dead, ..., stun, dead, ...

Morover Rogues show a bunch of help- and usefull CC-options that in an odd kind of manner work, Self-Heal and in particular many Outs and Immunity against CCs and dmg, so that the Mage absolutely stands no chance to rise against Rogues.
    I know a couple of Rogues that are pretty disapointed, when they cant terminate a Mage within in 5 Seconds in a 1 vs. 1.

Meanwhile even Rogues are writing:

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post

Trion Stop Buffing Rogues!

In gerenal you can say that Mages became more and more useless and without any chance in PvP and 1 vs. 1 situations.

I really hope that Trion will soon find a solution to finally change this.

Maybe by supressing the PvP-Immunity with a simultanious decreasing of the dmg and heal for ALL classes in PvP; or other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    /sign

Mages really need some love!

Nerf Rogues!

Just for example:

"For each point you spent in your "Riftstalker-Soul" damage of all other Rogue-Souls will be decreased by 0,8%."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast