+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What does it mean when you mark 8?

tau
    Rift Chaser

Default What does it mean when you mark 8?

I've seen people marking healers 8 with no other numbers taken. Does that mean attack them first or or attack them last?

Quote Originally Posted by tau View Post
    I've seen people marking healers 8 with no other numbers taken. Does that mean attack them first or or attack them last?
    They usually mark 8 as friendly healers. It's so you run to 8 for heals.

tau
    Rift Chaser

Thanks, I always just follow them around

I usually mark myself 8 as they leader of a warfront so that people know who to follow.

however..

Sometimes people mark 8 as the highest DPS on their team just so you are aware and can focus on them after healers are downed or if healers aren't near them.

ps: 5,6,7 are much more commonly used to mark friendly healers.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 02-29-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    They usually mark 8 as friendly healers. It's so you run to 8 for heals.
    It's so you would save them when they are being attacked !

tau
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Don't even get me started. I peel the enemies of the healer with CC and dps and as they turn to focus me he doesn't even throw a hot my way as he runs off. Probably the most "because [EDIT]you, that's why" moment I've seen with a healer is when my friend was holding a vessel in library and a friendly cleric walks by who was carrying a vessel; they were both at 25% hp standing next to each other. The cleric throws a heal on just himself and runs away I would vote for clerics to have +50% favor and prestige bonus if they were forced to take a personality test to qualify to make a healing spec.

But I'm greatfull to all the good clerics who keep my [EDIT] alive. I do actually compliment the healing when i get some.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-29-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

jca
    Rift Chaser

^ this. It's mainly for situational awareness, so you know where you're healers are and don't extend too far solo as well as making it easier to see when the enemy is beating on your healers so you can save the day with a timely peal or cc.

Haha, no. I save healers all day long by shielding them, silencing people, rift summoning warriors and rogues off of them, cleansing them, and most of the time they don't even throw a heal my way.

1-4 enemy heals 6-8 top enemy dps
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

jca
    Rift Chaser

The very best way I've found to make sure your healer knows you're looking out for them (so they make sure to look out for you) is after that big zerg battle and they've thrown out those HoT's to top off the wounded; when they stop to drink, don't run off and leave them there. Watch over 'em 'til they're topped off and you'll often find you get special attention the next time you need that clutch heal. In the heat of battle healers often have no idea who just pealed that attacker, but they know who's keeping watch over 'em when they're vulnerable.

This is to ensure that:
    1)You stay in LOS of healer to get heal.
    2)You won't run 30-50meter away from healer.
    3)You don't QQ on healer when you charge in solo
    4)You wait for healer to come before you charge in.
    5)You have a target to use your guard

However, some terrible(I'm not saying that they are un-skilled as they are quite skill in doing these) noobie
    1)Avoid their own healer at all cost
    2)will try all mean to LOS their healer even when healer is trying to pocket heal them
    3)They will charge into zerg when their healer is nowhere in sign and run away when their healer is available
    4)QQ (yes QQ) to healer for healing them as they believe they can solo a mage without heal and these heal make them look noobie.
    5)Think that a healer can tank 3-4 dps , heal them and somehow able to follow them around the map on their hunt for the blinking bard.
    6)QQ that healer don't heal them when healer do more dps , heal and KB than they do.
    ( It is quite comical most who QQ on lack of heal are those who do less dps, heal and KB than 60% of his group )
    7)QQ on heal because they die on the other side of the map
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

When I think of the number 8 I think of the black ball in a game of billiards.

Rift Chaser

8 has and almost will always be friendly healer and if your group is fortunate enought to have more than 1 dedicated healer they are usually maked 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    1-4 enemy heals 6-8 top enemy dps
    WTF? Did you just make up your own numbering system? Where is 5? LOL!

Every organized group I've been in uses odd / even number assignment. 1,3,5 and would be their healers, and 2,4,6 would be priority targets or top dps. This I thought was faily universal and makes sense to everyone who can count.

If you run out of numbers it's because you already lost... no really!

I've never heard of the even/odd before, and I think it is unnessarily complicated. Just mark the enemy healers 1-4, and you own healers 8 and down. If you find a DPS that is unkillable under focus fire, you missed a healer. I've seen whole teams beat on a warrior cause someone marked him 1, while his healer is standing 10m away unmolested.

In WFs, marking should accomplish two things: help DPS find prime targets more quickly and help the team recognize when their healers need help. DPS is still responsible to know who they should be targetting and why. Learn to recognize common class builds by their buffs and review the leaderboard for top contributors if you find yourself waiting to rezz. Try to be aware of your team's strengths and weaknesses. For example, you may have to mark that pesky Dom is you don't have an effective counter.

Don't even get me started. I peel the enemies of the healer with CC and dps and as they turn to focus me he doesn't even throw a hot my way as he runs off. Probably the most "because [EDIT]you, that's why" moment I've seen with a healer is when my friend was holding a vessel in library and a friendly cleric walks by who was carrying a vessel; they were both at 25% hp standing next to each other. The cleric throws a heal on just himself and runs away I would vote for clerics to have +50% favor and prestige bonus if they were forced to take a personality test to qualify to make a healing spec.

But I'm greatfull to all the good clerics who keep my [EDIT] alive. I do actually compliment the healing when i get some.
    Your right, everyone should just try and keep you alive. you are the most important person on the team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast