+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's a battlegroup that isn't awful for Defiants?

Default What's a battlegroup that isn't awful for Defiants?

I'm in the Wolfsbane battlegroup at the moment, and it's been absolutely unplayable as Defiant for the last month. I've been getting rolled by Guardian premades nonstop, and it's nothing but infuriating to even try PvP'ing.

What's a battlegroup where my chances of being on the winning team is greater than 5%? Because this is just disgusting how it is now and I give up. Where do I have to go to be able to be competitive?

deepstrike/seastone is pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    I'm in the Wolfsbane battlegroup at the moment, and it's been absolutely unplayable as Defiant for the last month. I've been getting rolled by Guardian premades nonstop, and it's nothing but infuriating to even try PvP'ing.

What's a battlegroup where my chances of being on the winning team is greater than 5%? Because this is just disgusting how it is now and I give up. Where do I have to go to be able to be competitive?
    How about you get a group together and train them up so you can make your own steam roller premade? Seems like the enemy is better organized. Rally the troops, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulls View Post
    How about you get a group together and train them up so you can make your own steam roller premade? Seems like the enemy is better organized. Rally the troops, man!
    I think premades are boring and defeat the purpose of PvP. What's the point if there is no competition?

So its not competitive because the other team is better?

You need to take the angle that...What battlegroup can I make the Defiants better in. How I try to think.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

So its not competitive because the other team is better?
    No. I mean I don't think premading is competitive unless it's premade vs premade. If it's just your team steamrolling over a pug then it's pathetically boring and unsportsmanlike. I think PuG vs PuG is the only really fun way to pvp, personally.

Anyone who rolls in a premade just to see their team have a higher score when the game is over is PvP'ing for the wrong reasons. Competition is what it's about, not about dominating and destroying without a challenge. I want a fair and even fight. I'd rather a game where I lose 980 to 1,000 over winning 1,000 to 0 any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You need to take the angle that...What battlegroup can I make the Defiants better in. How I try to think.
    I like how you think, truly I do. Not really feasible, though. One man can make a lot of difference. I am probably not that man.
    Last edited by TheKomissar; 02-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.

You are one of those arena people, aren't you?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    No. I mean I don't think premading is competitive unless it's premade vs premade. If it's just your team steamrolling over a pug then it's pathetically boring and unsportsmanlike. I think PuG vs PuG is the only really fun way to pvp, personally.

Anyone who rolls in a premade just to see their team have a higher score when the game is over is PvP'ing for the wrong reasons. Competition is what it's about, not about dominating and destroying without a challenge. I want a fair and even fight. I'd rather a game where I lose 980 to 1,000 over winning 1,000 to 0 any day.
    Your thinking seems to be a little bit backwards. You're talking about the frustration of being rolled by premades. The solution is to make your own premade. If the enemy is all premades steamrolling you, then you're not forming a premade to steamroll PUGs, are you?
    Last edited by Licentia; 02-29-2012 at 01:29 PM.

You are one of those arena people, aren't you?
    Not really.

Sure is hard to even ask a question in here.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Sure is hard to even ask a question in here.
    I do appreciate your answer, I had actually planned to transfer to Seastone within the month. Your confirmation really gives me some peace of mind about it. Thank you.

Seastone is pretty fun. We need more Defiants to do world events and Instant Adventure with their valor gear on. Always seem to be getting ganked by some Guardians.

Seastone is pretty fun. We need more Defiants to do world events and Instant Adventure with their valor gear on. Always seem to be getting ganked by some Guardians.
    Count me in.

Shield of Telara

Yah the defiants on the briarcliff battle group are pretty terrible. They have always been so so but it seems like recently they have gotten even worse. Their are some solid players on that side but the vast majority should probably not spend their time inside a wf.

With that being said I am a guardian who runs premades after we raid most nights of the week. It is not my intention of ever getting in a pug and in fact I would love trion to develop a system where I never have to do another pug wf again. Sadly this is not the case and I am stuck 5 man queing praying for another premade to get put against us. For the most part the system is working better and prob 8/10 times we are against another 5 man premade. Oddly tho sometimes it just bugs out an puts us in the random que which is boring for both sides.

I would suggest the seastone battlegroup also but I would further suggest trying to get into a guild with some pvp focus. Premades are actually a ton of fun if you do go against another solid group (easily the most fun I've had pvping in this game thus far). I am just praying trion works out some of the kinks in the system and allows me to let the pugs have their fun while we enjoy our competitive side of pvp.

Moral of the story don't blame the premade blame the system

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast