+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sykk
  • 1 Post By Cinnamontoast

Thread: did pvp die?

Soulwalker

Default did pvp die?

I'm not sure what happened with pvp before level 50. Only a few weeks ago you could go in and you would win some and loose some but overall it was fun.
    Now it has turned into these really awful faceroll type situations where if you're lucky you're with a mostly premade and win and if you're not you loose. It's no more fun.
    Also what is up with people ending up being mercenary and playing to loose?

I've stopped pvp'ing and I'm kind of sad about it. The only idea I have how to solve the issue is to award less xp so that people who don't care about winning or loosing don't have an incentive to get in there anymore and to not do the mercenary system anymore.

*sigh* a shame....

XP lock/Twinks happened. Pre-50, it's not premades, its twinks, which side has the most wins.
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

Twinks in lower bracket.

teams packed full of fotm riftstalkers and pyrodoms in 50s.

I played for 2 hours last night in the 30 bracket and it was just fine. I'm there mostly for the exp and at level 32 I got taken down quick (which is what I expected) but when the rest of my team stopped running in five different directions and focused on their healers we steam rolled them.

More than once when it was apparent they had put a number on my forehead I would run out in front and start spam healing myself to act as a distraction while the rest of the team snuck the flag though.

Lower PVP is alive and well when you don't treat it like a 1 vs 1 deathmatch. Even the best geared twink will go down quick when you work as a group.
    Last edited by Skulls; 02-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Every death has a story.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

player base died
    they need to merge all their shards

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    player base died
    they need to merge all their shards
    yep, between the loss of players and some of the other issues like twinks, it is starting to take a toll, and I hope that Trion is looking at solutions.. this is too good a game to just let fade away..

I thought pvp servers were all uppity about merging with pve?

Last LR I just did we had 7 mercs (self-included) and 1 actual defiant. :/
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Default It's dying

The twinks will steamroll you if you go anywhere near them by yourself, like i got hit by a lvl 49 twink champ for 2k (this is as a paladin tank with a little bit of valor armor), but skulls is right, go in as a team and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulls View Post
    I played for 2 hours last night in the 30 bracket and it was just fine. I'm there mostly for the exp and at level 32 I got taken down quick (which is what I expected) but when the rest of my team stopped running in five different directions and focused on their healers we steam rolled them.

More than once when it was apparent they had put a number on my forehead I would run out in front and start spam healing myself to act as a distraction while the rest of the team snuck the flag though.

Lower PVP is alive and well when you don't treat it like a 1 vs 1 deathmatch. Even the best geared twink will go down quick when you work as a group.
    Hint: Your team has twink as well. And twink don't find and focus healer. You just assume they do.
    A lot of the fight are won by not finding and hitting healer but by attacking and hitting what your friend is attacking and hitting.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpikes View Post
    The twinks will steamroll you if you go anywhere near them by yourself, like i got hit by a lvl 49 twink champ for 2k (this is as a paladin tank with a little bit of valor armor), but skulls is right, go in as a team and you will be fine.
    2k hit from a Champ? Yeah, that starts at 39. Took my 37 Rogue up against a twink war a couple days ago. Bloodthirst+Punishing Blow was all it took to drop me at 4.2khp

@OP, do you know the difference between the words lose & loose? Because if you do not, it's not worth paying attention to a thread that already at first glance is filled with ignorance, illiteracy, and misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread