+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enough with the rogue QQ

Default Enough with the rogue QQ

I played WoW before this, and I have yet to see a class in Rift that is actually OP. My nb/rs/bd is very powerful, but if I get snaged by a competent mage with some cc in their build in a wf it's all over.

I started nb/rs/bd about three days ago, an I can tell you that defeating me is as easy as not letting me control range, especially if I need to fight at mid range. If you can hold me at long range you can hit me and I can't hit you. If you are a full-on point blank fighter and you close with me you have a very good chance of taking me down. Sure, I get a warp or two away, but you can chase me, or chase me off.

NB is powerful because the build lets you control range, the key to defeating it is taking away that range control. Simply slapping the build macro is going to do you exactly nothing.

tl;dr: rogue is not overpowered if you are attacking it's weeknesses. But if you're being an idiot, it will own you every single time.

Go ahead, flame me, I'm only level 29, what could I possibly know? Better yet, ignore me. See you at 50.
    Last edited by Carear; 02-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carear View Post

Go ahead, flame me, I'm only level 29, what could I possibly know? Better yet, ignore me. See you at 50.
    29 is the best level to be a rogue honestly. Give barding a try for a few matches before you move on. You just might enjoy it.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Plane Walker

I played WoW before this, and I have yet to see a class in Rift that is actually OP. My nb/rs/bd is very powerful, but if I get snaged by a competent mage with some cc in their build in a wf it's all over.

I started nb/rs/bd about three days ago, an I can tell you that defeating me is as easy as not letting me control range, especially if I need to fight at mid range. If you can hold me at long range you can hit me and I can't hit you. If you are a full-on point blank fighter and you close with me you have a very good chance of taking me down. Sure, I get a warp or two away, but you can chase me, or chase me off.

NB is powerful because the build lets you control range, the key to defeating it is taking away that range control. Simply slapping the build macro is going to do you exactly nothing.

tl;dr: rogue is not overpowered if you are attacking it's weeknesses. But if you're being an idiot, it will own you every single time.

not gonna flame at all. i have currently a p25 rogue that ive had at 50 since just before release(i had a headstart with headstart xD). i tried NB/RS builds back in beta when we still had racials. ATM it seems stalker is way to potent a soul to not drop 15+ pts into. there is disparity between the souls when almost every viable pvp build for rogues involves 15-26 stalker delve minimum.

honestly they need too nerf the crap out of freedom of movement again, a simple solution would make it so instead of a 2 second anti CC buff make it a consumable buff similar to inquisitor/cabalist ability Perseverance. This would keep the functionality the same but reduce the frequency of being CC immune from X abilities to 1.

also adding an internal cooldown of say 5 seconds to planar shifting would be good too, would fix OP running specs in whitefall, and allow ranged classes to actually remain at range vs a stalker. stalker mitigation could be toned down a notch in pvp as well, atm it seems its damn near impossible to kill a 44+ delve stalker or VK if a healer simply decides to HoT them, then again trollicar is the same deal.

keep in mind this is coming from someone with a 50 rogue that mained as one since beta. i feel that atm stalker needs somewhat of a nerf, seems over the top in pvp.

Edit: just read that OP is only level 29. Nevermind
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 02-29-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Rift Master

At Level 29 you don't have enough points to acually notice the strengh of this class.
    At 50 a NB/RS is impossible to keep at range since they have to many ports.

If i ever use RS paired with NB on my main Rogue i go this build below for example, and note i say IF couse i really don't like the RS since it too easymode for my taste.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...htkGoTMss.V.-5

The build posted has very good burst, migation, CC breaks, and Speed buffs along with other things. And it's impossible for anyone to keep me at range with that one.

And while we talking Rogue and range the MM soul has pretty good burst aswell has 35M range and outdps my Mage rank 40. If played well a MM pawns everything while beeing impossible to catch a MM/RS is a pretty OP combination is you ask me same with the other i posted earlier.

Iam a Rogue and played mine since beta PvP only ofc, and we need a nerf people are just to bad, undergeared or as yourself low level to understand this yet.

Luckely i see a light in the tunnel since Warrior getting buffed now, meaning they gonna pawn the shiet out of most rogues running playing easymode right now with 1.8.

Guess the forum QQ will just explode soon, will be fun watching all the bad players cry their eyes out soon again.
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 02-29-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Rift Disciple

So you level 29 and crying on forum?

Someone please nerf rogues watch what kind of players choose the class and they still owning.
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 03-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Plane Touched

Bard sucks till Coda or Restoration (above 29 I believe).
    Rogue continues to get stronger until level 50. I would say it is the strongest consistant DPS in the game....and would probably say NB/RS is a bit overpowered (the spec I use when my team is not on par with the opponent team).
    Wait what was the post about?.?.?...happy hour night.

You can only do anything in this game as rogue in pvp if you have a pocket healer or the best pvp gear in game. My yesterday dinged 50 mage deals loads of more damage than my r20 rogue, on rogue if a higher rank player sees me all I can do is go stealthed and leave the area, now after I leveled up a mage I actually have a high chance to kill a higher/equal rank player (especially rogues). Rogue on lower ranks is one massive joke.
    i5 m520 3ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, HD 5650.

Quote Originally Posted by Vembumees87 View Post
    You can only do anything in this game as rogue in pvp if you have a pocket healer or the best pvp gear in game. My yesterday dinged 50 mage deals loads of more damage than my r20 rogue, on rogue if a higher rank player sees me all I can do is go stealthed and leave the area, now after I leveled up a mage I actually have a high chance to kill a higher/equal rank player (especially rogues). Rogue on lower ranks is one massive joke.
    A rogue that build to take you out WILL TAKE YOU OUT, just like almost every other class in the game.
    Since you are still low rank and only have 2 class, I assume you have no idea what some class can do to another with the right spec .
    People QQ about rogue because they can choose whether to go into the fight or leave.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread