+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 5 intances in the game that you farm over and over again

Soulwalker

Default 5 intances in the game that you farm over and over again

makes me wonder, why rift even has pvp.
    Max out valor. then then game ends as a pvper, Dosent matter just read it, feel it. and reflect

Quote Originally Posted by evil art View Post
    Max out valor. then then game ends as a pvper, Dosent matter just read it, feel it. and reflect
    You are telling me you are unable to play a game unless you are getting rewards?
    I thought PvP was about PvPing, having fun beating up people and all that jazz.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    You are telling me you are unable to play a game unless you are getting rewards?
    Agree. Why play any game if your not having fun doing it? Isnt that the whole point?

If your looking at it as just work, find something else to do with your time!

Plane Touched

I'm leveling up a second toon.

Still play main a lot just for kicks.

Plenty of fun to be had, in fact I prefer it now that I'm not playing JUST to get that last piece of gear.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

I agree, pvping for fun is just stupid, we have to be getting something out of it!
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

I still get a little adrenaline rush and the heart gets to thumping in the chest when there is a good match going....and personally I could care less if there is any in game reward for it as long as I'm at the top of the available gear range.

So wait, do you play to get pvp gear, or enjoy getting pvp gear to kill people? When I got everything done I felt like I could finally play exactly the game I wanted. Join WF's and when not doing that hunting people in world zones to kill. And farm some plat in between.

But if you get all the pvp gear and say theres nothing to do...it doesn't seem like you enjoy pvp? I don't know, maybe different takes. As long as there's red names running around that is my bread and butter.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

When a big game hunter has run out of prey, they tend to turn to philanthropy. That or they become bitter trolls who turn on their own kind because they cannot give up the hunt.

Which are you?
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So wait, do you play to get pvp gear, or enjoy getting pvp gear to kill people? When I got everything done I felt like I could finally play exactly the game I wanted. Join WF's and when not doing that hunting people in world zones to kill. And farm some plat in between.

But if you get all the pvp gear and say theres nothing to do...it doesn't seem like you enjoy pvp? I don't know, maybe different takes. As long as there's red names running around that is my bread and butter.
    Ill be honest been playing wow before rift, and i like the strugle. For example Arena is the next step from the battlegrouds to prove your self in a competitive way, Rift dosent offer me anything after ive done 5000 battlegrouds. My feelig is that its a pve game with alot of pve sweet and Jucy content, but as a pvpr i feel cheated. So i choose to pause the accout and come back thats all later on when the game might offer me someting that is an achievement as a pvp focused player. / Casual raider hardcore pvper thats how i roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    If the player only wanted PvP they would play Quake Live or some other FPS - those are truly PvP. The players chose to pay and play Rift, why? My guess is that it is an RPG that supports PvP.

The challenge of PvP is fun, but so is the individual character building that is RPG. It would be really nice if Trion could find the time to create another PvP instance or two.

Note to Trion: if you do create a [few] new instance(s), can you please keep the instance limit at 5 and cycle the instances in and out on a monthly basis? Taking an instance out and bringing it back again a month or two later will help to give it a "fresh" feeling.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Munyul View Post
    If the player only wanted PvP they would play Quake Live or some other FPS - those are truly PvP. The players chose to pay and play Rift, why? My guess is that it is an RPG that supports PvP.

The challenge of PvP is fun, but so is the individual character building that is RPG. It would be really nice if Trion could find the time to create another PvP instance or two.

Note to Trion: if you do create a [few] new instance(s), can you please keep the instance limit at 5 and cycle the instances in and out on a monthly basis? Taking an instance out and bringing it back again a month or two later will help to give it a "fresh" feeling.
    I think it want someting else than another warfront or faction to grind, Almost like a raider, that takes his time to learn Boss tactics. and focus on it. i want the same thing with PVP.

Rift Chaser

I think it want someting else than another warfront or faction to grind, Almost like a raider, that takes his time to learn Boss tactics. and focus on it. i want the same thing with PVP.
    This is all very simple, everyone just isn't saying it. We get sick of warfronts but love killing. Open world PvP only exists in the moments that you find a handful of people to kill who usually don't even put up much of a fight. We all want a form of RvR, just in different applications to suit individual desires. The problem is Trion has made no efforts to encourage open world PvP aside from the rotating daily quest area and PvP rifts.

Here is a novel idea, take the remaining PvP servers and remove all the PvE carebear nonsense out of Ember Isle and make that a PvP zone with capture points, personal and faction bonuses to inspire players to actually go there and PvP. Kill or be killed and get rewarded for your success. This would beat the warfront grind and give fully geared players something to do aside from re-rolling twinks.

Default You are missing the point

The fun really begins when you stop grinding, or thinking in a manner that PVP is a gear grind. Stop worrying about the rewards and just have fun PVPing silly. If you think it ends like your quote above states, then you really never began. Sorry, just my honest opinion.
    Last edited by Habitat; 03-01-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Habitat - Mage - Guardian - Faeblight

you generation Y babies make me cry.
    you DO know the best pvp game of all time had ZERO rewards for the first 2 years right?

DAOC had no instanced pvp, 3 zones,and nothing to control meeting an enemy. so you pretty much had to wonder around and find a fight or not find a fight. but for killing someone you got points. the points increased your rank but there were only 10 ranks in the game. you could do ranks 1-3 in a normal few weeks of pvp. but to go from 4-6 would take you playing hardcore and winning WAY more than 50-60% of your fights over for about half a year. getting to 10 would have to be in a organized group were you had close to a 70-1 kill to death ratio and played hardcore hours and it would take you about a year.

what did you get for each rank? lowered the VARIANCE in your damage and effectiveness with all of your abilities by 1. so you didnt hit harder, you just raised your minimum damage.

so we just sat around and killed eachother all day and night just to have bragging rights. thats it. was a 3 sided war and you had the forums and each week they posted the top 10 killers on the internet for all to see. and thus began the rivalries. enemies hated you because you killed them, allied hated you because they wanted to be number 1.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    you generation Y babies make me cry.
    you DO know the best pvp game of all time had ZERO rewards for the first 2 years right?

DAOC had no instanced pvp, 3 zones,and nothing to control meeting an enemy. so you pretty much had to wonder around and find a fight or not find a fight. but for killing someone you got points. the points increased your rank but there were only 10 ranks in the game. you could do ranks 1-3 in a normal few weeks of pvp. but to go from 4-6 would take you playing hardcore and winning WAY more than 50-60% of your fights over for about half a year. getting to 10 would have to be in a organized group were you had close to a 70-1 kill to death ratio and played hardcore hours and it would take you about a year.

what did you get for each rank? lowered the VARIANCE in your damage and effectiveness with all of your abilities by 1. so you didnt hit harder, you just raised your minimum damage.

so we just sat around and killed eachother all day and night just to have bragging rights. thats it. was a 3 sided war and you had the forums and each week they posted the top 10 killers on the internet for all to see. and thus began the rivalries. enemies hated you because you killed them, allied hated you because they wanted to be number 1.
    I love all these old timers that speak of times past and how great they were because everyone created their own PvP. Well guess what it's 2012 get over it. You're not playing EQ, UO, or DAOC or whatever anymore. I don't want to imagine there is something to fight over, I actually want there to be something to fight over! If I wanted to use my imagination I wouldn't even play an RPG, I would go to the nearest card shop, recruit some nerds, and start playing D&D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast