Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transference should be buffed.

Default Transference should be buffed.

Discuss
    10char

Nah

k done.

Think about it.
    It was originally nerfed to prevent complete starvation.
    Then, rogues and warriors got a buff in energy regen so it loses much of its effectiveness in pvp.

You can starve a cleric and keep them starved, but you can't do so to rogues/warriors anymore.
    I think its acceptable since they can port up in a mages face all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Think about it.
    You can starve a cleric and keep them starved, but you can't do so to rogues/warriors anymore.
    I think its acceptable since they can port up in a mages face all the time.
    If you want to starve a rogue or warrior, then keep starving their clerics. Just because you're a Dom doesn't give you a free pass to solo the world.

Still good at grabbing some mana.

And it's a surprisingly great instant nuke. Use it as such, the extra effects are just iciing.

accelerated decay + transference + mana wrench will lock down a rogue (at least a rogue with no tablet), for sure. mix in some TI and or mass betrayal etc, and ya transference is still pretty good.

pre-patch it worked way better on warriors than rogues, post patch it switched. Which is a good thing, mages didnt Really need to lock up warriors (well maybe the vks)
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-28-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    Still good at grabbing some mana.

And it's a surprisingly great instant nuke. Use it as such, the extra effects are just iciing.
    In other words, even though this ability no longer works as intended, it's great for finishing off someone with less than 700hp!
    Last edited by Eclipze; 02-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    In other words, even though this ability no longer works as intended, it's great for finishing off someone with less than 700hp!
    Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If you want to starve a rogue or warrior, then keep starving their clerics. Just because you're a Dom doesn't give you a free pass to solo the world.
    You're funny, and in what way does this starve a warrior or rogue?
    The same argument can be used against both clerics and mages who are fireballing your face off.

Considering that the mage class lacks the ability to properly kite, energy starvation is typically the next way of preventing the opponent from attacking.
    Unfortunately, due to the recent buffs of energy, such a thing does not occur as there are a myriad of ways to nullify the energy degen effect and energy cost.

In fact, both classes have the ability to cleanse the debuff effect off themselves entirely.
    I'l ignore the rest of your statement just because it is nonsense.

accelerated decay + transference + mana wrench will lock down a rogue (at least a rogue with no tablet), for sure. mix in some TI and or mass betrayal etc, and ya transference is still pretty good.

pre-patch it worked way better on warriors than rogues, post patch it switched. Which is a good thing, mages didnt Really need to lock up warriors (well maybe the vks)
    Accelerated decay has nothing to do with energy draining. It only affects casting speed and nothing else.
    TI and mass betrayal should not be stacked on top of each other since it can be a bit of a waste as after all, if you're using mass betrayal they're all energy draining each other at the same time.

However, MB is on a 2m cooldown.

To be honest, I don't expect a good PvPer not to have tablets or pots on them.
    Panacea is a good one as well if you want to save a cleanse.
    Last edited by Aguni; 02-28-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Discuss
    10char
    I can somewhat understand how you think about wanting buffs to it considering War and Rogue regen got buffed.

The problem would be that if it gets buffed the hybrids fused with it would be pretty OP if it completly could Shutdown a Rogue or warrior, and the QQ would be massive and the nerf to us would be even bigger.

But i can somewhere see that a Buff to Mass Betrayal (Lowering the CD to 60-30Sec) would be reasonable for speccing 51Points into Dominator soul. Beacouse like it is now 51 Point Dominator pretty much suuck alone beacouse massbetrayal has a 2min CD wich is too long. Thats why more then 38 points in domi soul is pretty much useless you can't run around relying on a 2min CD, i would rather put those other 28points into something usefull. (wich i ofc do)

So if Dominator ever should get a buff and note i say EVER it would be having the CD on Mass Betrayal to be lowered making 51Point Domi Better and more relyable.
    And maybe buff The healing given by Accelerated Decay a bit.

And also yes the Rogue Noobstalker in the face impossible to CC is pretty annoying, but they will be hit by the nerfbat sooner or later it's just a question of time.

Then i also pretty much LOL at everyone saying tranference dmg bla bla bla dmgfinish instant bla bla bla, seriously wtf stop running pyro/dom plz it suuck so hard. (there are atleast 2 dps specs for mages i know about that pawn that build so hard it's hillarious, but it is pretty funny coming across alot of these Pyro/Dom wannabees in warfronts trying to be Bleeds and meduza and dieing in 2-3 sec).

But NO, no buff the Transference as it is now i don't like the idea at all...

/Swift

The hell?
    You would want ot lower the CD on mass betrayal to 30 seconds, and then say buffing transference would be OP?

Oh lord...

w/e

/10char.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-28-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    I can somewhat understand how you think about wanting buffs to it considering War and Rogue regen got buffed.

The problem would be that if it gets buffed the hybrids fused with it would be pretty OP if it completly could Shutdown a Rogue or warrior, and the QQ would be massive and the nerf to us would be even bigger.

But i can somewhere see that a Buff to Mass Betrayal (Lowering the CD to 60-30Sec) would be reasonable for speccing 51Points into Dominator soul. Beacouse like it is now 51 Point Dominator pretty much suuck alone beacouse massbetrayal has a 2min CD wich is too long. Thats why more then 38 points in domi soul is pretty much useless you can't run around relying on a 2min CD, i would rather put those other 28points into something usefull. (wich i ofc do)

So if Dominator ever should get a buff and note i say EVER it would be having the CD on Mass Betrayal to be lowered making 51Point Domi Better and more relyable.
    And maybe buff The healing given by Accelerated Decay a bit.

And also yes the Rogue Noobstalker in the face impossible to CC is pretty annoying, but they will be hit by the nerfbat sooner or later it's just a question of time.

Then i also pretty much LOL at everyone saying tranference dmg bla bla bla dmgfinish instant bla bla bla, seriously wtf stop running pyro/dom plz it suuck so hard. (there are atleast 2 dps specs for mages i know about that pawn that build so hard it's hillarious, but it is pretty funny coming across alot of these Pyro/Dom wannabees in warfronts trying to be Bleeds and meduza and dieing in 2-3 sec).

But NO, no buff the Transference as it is now i don't like the idea at all...

/Swift
    Quoting for the sheer ridiculousness of this post.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Rift Chaser

****, i'd settle for transference being changed to a disarm as long as it stills drains charge.

Ascendant

My experience is that anyone high enough in Dominator to get Transference is doing just fine against warriors (and I can only assume rogues as well). In the absence of a cleanse, they don't even need Transference to send me back to the GY. Squirrel -> Storm Shackle -> Traitorous Influence is enough to really mess me up and it takes very little after that to finish me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast