+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mastela

Thread: Why EXP lock?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default Why EXP lock?

    Been playing Rift for about a month now and I love the PVP. It's what I do in every game from lvl 1.

    But as Always in EVERY game (WoW Cataclysm gear at pre-85 PVP. Come on blizz.) there's some Balance issues that are never adressed.

    As soon as I hit LVL40 I start off with getting a nice full roundhouse kick to the balls. This kept going for 2 days. Fun yeh.




    ...Mainly i'ts the twinking issue;
    1v1 vs that LVL49 Rune augmented mage is like; Hey! *turns arou...* Metall Pipe to Balls! FCK YEAH.



    Instead of capturing the fang or whatevz, we now spend our time Youtubing how to heal broken bolloks, waiting for opponents to win. IT's SMART. No metall pipe to the balls = WIN, no matter how you spin it.

    They'll win anyways, why drag it out? <---- ***THIS IS THE ACTUAL PHILOSOPHY WE USE IN DAMN NEAR 50% OF THE GAMES.*** <--- For REAL think about what this actually means.

    How a typical game is played:
    Everyone jumps down to the center of the map. Fights for a minute or so. Finds out the opponents are twinked. AFK.
    And this I have to ENDURE for 7 more Levels?


    EXP lock is a major nuisance for 99% for the ENTIRE RIFT PVP Pre-50 playerbase.
    So why is it there?

    I want PVP. This is 2girls1cup.



    Leave ure comments below, i'll make sure to adress it. Keep to the topic plx.
    Last edited by mastela; 02-28-2012 at 03:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastela View Post
    Been playing Rift for about a month now and I love the PVP. It's what I do in every game from lvl 1.

    But as Always in EVERY game (WoW Cataclysm gear at pre-85 PVP. Come on blizz.) there's some Balance issues that are never adressed.

    As soon as I hit LVL40 I start off with getting a nice full roundhouse kick to the balls. This kept going for 2 days. Fun yeh.

    ...Mainly i'ts the twinking issue;
    1v1 vs that LVL49 Rune augmented mage is like; Hey! *turns arou...* Metall Pipe to Balls! FCK YEAH.



    Instead of capturing the fang or whatevz, we now spend our time Youtubing how to heal broken bolloks, waiting for opponents to win. IT's SMART. No metall pipe to the balls = WIN, no matter how you spin it.

    They'll win anyways, why drag it out? <---- ***THIS IS THE ACTUAL PHILOSOPHY WE USE IN DAMN NEAR 50% OF THE GAMES.*** <--- For REAL think about what this actually means.

    How a typical game is played:
    Everyone jumps down to the center of the map. Fights for a minute or so. Finds out the opponents are twinked. AFK.
    And this I have to ENDURE for 7 more Levels?

    EXP lock is a major nuisance for 99% for the ENTIRE RIFT PVP Pre-50 playerbase.
    So why is it there?

    I want PVP. This is 2girls1cup.

    Leave ure comments below, i'll make sure to adress it. Keep to the topic plx.
    In my experience, nothing has changed.

    Even before XP locking, people would run into the middle of a WF, get spanked and then sit around at the spawn point ranting about how unfair the system is.

    "AARRGGHH!! They have too many healers!!"

    "AARRGGHH!! They have too many x9's!!"

    "AARRGGHH!! <Class X>'s DPS IS SO BS! NERF NERF NERF!!"

    And so forth.

    Nothing has really changed except the target of the finger pointing.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    In my experience, nothing has changed.

    Even before XP locking, people would run into the middle of a WF, get spanked and then sit around at the spawn point ranting about how unfair the system is.

    "AARRGGHH!! They have too many healers!!"

    "AARRGGHH!! They have too many x9's!!"

    "AARRGGHH!! <Class X>'s DPS IS SO BS! NERF NERF NERF!!"

    And so forth.

    Nothing has really changed except the target of the finger pointing.


    Wow.. You didnt understand my point AT ALL so i dun see how u can understand a response to this obvious fail u posted.
    Not commenting on this buddy, but please keep to the topic and consider what I said in the original post and answer it with the context given, after thinking bout the effects of each implication.
    Last edited by mastela; 02-28-2012 at 09:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastela View Post
    Wow.. You didnt understand my point AT ALL so i dun see how u can understand a response to this obvious fail u posted.
    Not commenting on this buddy, but please keep to the topic and consider what I said in the original post and answer it with the context given, after thinking bout the effects of each implication.
    He did. Before it was locked, twinked 49s it was Mages, Rogues, Warriors, too many healers, not enough healers, etc. Same problem, different name. People will always moan and complain about some sort of imbalance that they feel is not in their favor, but when its the other way its skill you see. Then they AFK and complain about people AFK'ing in warfronts.

    Also XP locking is there because some people like it. And because they didn't want to have to deal with (P8 or P30+ now in warfronts after they got to 50) It's not like all the twinks are on the other side, and none are on yours.
    Last edited by Roklam; 02-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Locking XP does not change the game for players.

    1-49: Get 2 shotted by most players. Have fun leaning how to play your class.
    50: Get 2 shotted by most players. Have fun learning how to run raids.

    Locking XP is just a way to spend more time with your favorite parts of the game.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Locking XP does not change the game for players.

    1-49: Get 2 shotted by most players. Have fun leaning how to play your class.
    50: Get 2 shotted by most players. Have fun learning how to run raids.

    Locking XP is just a way to spend more time with your favorite parts of the game.
    Im using lock XP a bit different. Pretty much I plan to twink a lvl 49 character, save favor to buy the 1st set of PVP gear. Once I complete the set, then Ill go to lvl 50 so I can start off with the full PVP set (minus weapon until I hit the prestige requirement.)

    Why roll to 50 right away and get stomped, when I can do the stomping until I am ready to level again?

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Im using lock XP a bit different. Pretty much I plan to twink a lvl 49 character, save favor to buy the 1st set of PVP gear. Once I complete the set, then Ill go to lvl 50 so I can start off with the full PVP set (minus weapon until I hit the prestige requirement.)

    Why roll to 50 right away and get stomped, when I can do the stomping until I am ready to level again?
    see i did 11-50 pvp leveling pre 1.6 never locked xp obviously, and still ended up with full first pvp set, weps, and 90% mount.

  8. #8
    Rift Master LeCreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    682

    Default

    What's fun about twinks is competing using the very limited talent builds. You can have a decent 19 twink up and running in a couple of days and have pretty much everything you need to have some fun in warfronts. No need to spend forever grinding to 50, rank 40, and top gear just to even be competitive.

    I have a couple of rank 40 rogues with max gear (both sides), but I have more fun playing bard or sabo with my 19 rogue in warfronts. Fun is what it's all about.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labotimy View Post
    see i did 11-50 pvp leveling pre 1.6 never locked xp obviously, and still ended up with full first pvp set, weps, and 90% mount.
    Pre 1.6, the full PvP set didn't cost 200k favor excluding weapons. My warrior has everything except for one ring and should e able to pick that up today. Then if I want to save for weapons, it's another 50k favor, and if I want to upgrade some pieces before I advance, the sky is the limit.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    What's fun about twinks is competing using the very limited talent builds. You can have a decent 19 twink up and running in a couple of days and have pretty much everything you need to have some fun in warfronts. No need to spend forever grinding to 50, rank 40, and top gear just to even be competitive.

    I have a couple of rank 40 rogues with max gear (both sides), but I have more fun playing bard or sabo with my 19 rogue in warfronts. Fun is what it's all about.
    yet another player with a pvp main that simply enjoys playing a low level toon in pvp as well.

  11. #11
    Rift Master LeCreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labotimy View Post
    yet another player with a pvp main that simply enjoys playing a low level toon in pvp as well.
    The problem with top tier PvP is the "what now" factor. After spending weeks & months grinding out ranks and gear to compete with the other rank 40s, it turns out that the game isn't all that fun after you've arrived there. I don't really enjoy ganking players in world pvp who don't stand a chance against my gear and attunements. Plus it'll take them weeks and months to catch up. It's just not my thing.

    In the level 19 bracket of warfronts, however, everybody is pretty close. Sure my twink sabo can one-shot anybody who's hurt or not wearing gear in every slot. But that's not a foul on my part or the game, that's a learning experience for players who want to try the competitive side of the game. Spend a day questing and doing dungeons and fill up every gear slot, put on some runes, and give it another try. Maybe try a different class that suits your style more.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    @Op If you dont like xp lock in lower brackets you are definitely not gonna like 50 pvp. Xp lock is the only thing keeping me subbed these days. Much much funner than lvl 50 pvp atm. If you dont like leveling in warfronts then pve perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts