+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Adjust to discourage Twinks

Soulwalker

Default Adjust to discourage Twinks

PvP is nothing more then twink farming and the side with the most twinks win. If they do not change this the Rifts player base will be gutted when the first new main stream game with average PvP comes out. I know Rift is suppose to be a PvE mainly game but its not here is a truth people talk about what is important to them that being said look at the number of threads for the pvp and warfronts section then look at the number of threads for the raids and dungeon section. Yup its 3 to 1 so pvp is imprtant to most players so unless the pvp gets fixed i.e. deal with the twinks the game will decline. Here is a simple fix dont let pvp kills count for totals while exp has been froze since its just farming and not pvp anyway. ok im off my soap box now let the twink flames begin.

The Twinks aren't farming you because their gear is better. They are farming you because the healing can't keep up with the damage. The gear simply scales too well with damage, while healing and support get the shaft. Until Trion boosts healing at the lower levels it will just continue to be a gib fest.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Ascendant

PvP forum gets more posts because it attracts more whiners. Most of the threads here are nerf this, buff, that,. Joe McRaidermage might be a little sad in the pants when his warrior pal outdoes him on single target dps, but he gets downright belligerent when his warrior pal cleaves him in two in a warfront. Then he comes here looking for a shoulder to cry on.

That having been said, if twinks make you sad in the pants, get geared. It doesn't take long and it's not hard or expensive.

Soulwalker

Default really lol

you need to check your twink gear prices i know here on seastone your looking at about 500p to gear up a twink and all so your lvl 49 can kill a lvl 40 in green you must be so proud lol most twinks are nothing more than fail lvl 50 pvpers looking to stroke there ego on a alt by farming low lvl players. My main is a lvl 50 R40 and i do my pvp in the adult warfronts my alt has stopped doeing warfronts till he hits 50 since the twinks sucked the fun out of them and if its not fun there is really no point in doeing it since this is just a game after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Liii View Post
    you need to check your twink gear prices i know here on seastone your looking at about 500p to gear up a twink and all so your lvl 49 can kill a lvl 40 in green you must be so proud lol most twinks are nothing more than fail lvl 50 pvpers looking to stroke there ego on a alt by farming low lvl players. My main is a lvl 50 R40 and i do my pvp in the adult warfronts my alt has stopped doeing warfronts till he hits 50 since the twinks sucked the fun out of them and if its not fun there is really no point in doeing it since this is just a game after all.
    Actually, a lot of the twinks are BORED lvl 50s. I've been a diehard 50 pvper, but the lack of anything new with 1.7 and nothing impressive at all for 1.8 has me thinking it's time to roll a twink until 50 pvp gets some shine to it. There's just only so much pyro/dom, pyro, chloro/dom I can play.

I realize this might be an "ugly" idea, but there's nothing stopping you from hopping servers to a more economically friendly atmosphere to outfit a twink. 500p on Seastone could very well be 50-100p somewhere else perhaps.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Actually, a lot of the twinks are BORED lvl 50s. I've been a diehard 50 pvper, but the lack of anything new with 1.7 and nothing impressive at all for 1.8 has me thinking it's time to roll a twink until 50 pvp gets some shine to it. There's just only so much pyro/dom, pyro, chloro/dom I can play.

I realize this might be an "ugly" idea, but there's nothing stopping you from hopping servers to a more economically friendly atmosphere to outfit a twink. 500p on Seastone could very well be 50-100p somewhere else perhaps.
    Adapt, you say?!
    Over my dead body!
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

I don't know what it is you're looking at that costs 500p, but there's not a single piece of gear on my warrior that cost even a fraction of that. Head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, feet, weapons, and essences are all bought with inscribed sourcestones and planarite. Rings are bought with favor. My necklace is a crafted blue that I made with 50g invested in a blue augment.

Learn where to get the gear. It doesn't come from the auction house.

Dungeon gear + planar gear = you can hit hard at pre-50. You don't need a single plat to do so - just a lot of time on your hands and you're good to go.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 02-27-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Plane Touched

or just disable exp lock while in a wf.. simple solution

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Dungeon gear + planar gear = you can hit hard at pre-50. You don't need a single plat to do so - just a lot of time on your hands and you're good to go.
    It doesn't even take a lot of time. A few zone events in any given bracket will have most people neatly squared away with all the planar gear they need. It takes a little bit more than that in the 40-49 bracket because their are 6 pieces of planar gear to buy instead of 4, and the rare essences also require inscribed sourcestones. Still, 6-8 zone events (plus the 10 Inscribed you'll get for doing the 'complete four zone events in IPP/Stillmoor/Shimmersands' quest). The planar weapons take a little work but there are reasonable alternatives for every calling that can fill in while you farm up the Inscribed for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    The Twinks aren't farming you because their gear is better. They are farming you because the healing can't keep up with the damage. The gear simply scales too well with damage, while healing and support get the shaft. Until Trion boosts healing at the lower levels it will just continue to be a gib fest.

"Until Trion boosts healing at the lower levels it will just continue to be a gib fest."

I have been running a locked cleric in the WF. Not really much of a twink. All player made copper gear using blue augs, runes, a sigil that gives me a total of 8 wisdom and weapons from the lvl 15 dungeons.

I use mostly ST heals with very little use of any AE healing and I was doing x3 to x4 more healing then most the other healing clerics. Most the time I can heal someone through focus fire. Some of the over the top twinks hit a bit harder then what I can heal though but I don't find too many of those.

But I don't think it is a scaling problem. I think it is a lack of use on the ST heals and people expecting AE healing to be enough to keep people up. I have found Healing Flame with its short cast time to be very effective.

But healing does not need to be boosted in the 19 bracket. I can push 80k when there is a lot of damage flying around. And I typically run 35 - 50k heals in the WF running a full heal spec at level 19.

I am moving up to the next bracket though. I'll see how that goes.

Nonsense. You have to put in the time to earn the dime. Lock your xp and do the pve stuff in order to twink for your pvp bracket. Then pvp on an equal competition basis until you're ready to unlock your xp and level up some more. Even after level 50 you still have to do some pve to obtain some of the best pvp items. That's the way this game is. Before xp could be locked, only alts financed by higher toons could twink but now anyone can. Don't be in such a hurry to get to 50. Sorry it's not practical to pvp in the x0 to x7 bracket but after 50 you won't have that choice to be on equal footing like you can now be when you first walk into warfronts, you're just gonna get owned and it won't be very competitive like it can be below level 50 (unless they fix the matching system). Now anyone can twink if they put in the time and effort, and it wasn't that way before patch 1.7. Don't be lazy unless you like getting owned, lol.
    Last edited by Taptap; 02-28-2012 at 07:20 AM.

I run 100% "Treasure Cache" gear except for the planar items I got. Total investment in my "twinks" for gear in terms of plat is zero~ There is nothing on the broker worth buying so I don't know why anyone would spend 500 plat. My best gear is planar gear and I got it all within 6 invasions. I am usually the highest KBs and DPS and none of my gear is anything you or anyone else could not get from running randoms or doing invasions.

Way to be informed guy

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Nonsense. You have to put in the time to earn the dime. Lock your xp and do the pve stuff in order to twink for your pvp bracket. Then pvp on an equal competition basis until you're ready to unlock your xp and level up some more. Even after level 50 you still have to do some pve to obtain some of the best pvp items. That's the way this game is. Before xp could be locked, only alts financed by higher toons could twink but now anyone can. Don't be in such a hurry to get to 50. Sorry it's not practical to pvp in the x0 to x7 bracket but after 50 you won't have that choice to be on equal footing like you can now be when you first walk into warfronts, you're just gonna get owned and it won't be very competitive like it can be below level 50 (unless they fix the matching system). Now anyone can twink if they put in the time and effort, and it wasn't that way before patch 1.7. Don't be lazy unless you like getting owned, lol.
    Invalid argument, there's a difference between twinks, that want to faceroll others in pvp no matter how, and new players, who want to discover the game in all its aspects.

I'm for sure not a fan of trivializing and simplifying the pvp gameplay for casuals, but the low-level pvp warzones should be learning grounds to get new players into this aspect of an MMO instead of a therapy for people with ego complexes.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ax1om View Post
    Invalid argument, there's a difference between twinks, that want to faceroll others in pvp no matter how, and new players, who want to discover the game in all its aspects.

I'm for sure not a fan of trivializing and simplifying the pvp gameplay for casuals, but the low-level pvp warzones should be learning grounds to get new players into this aspect of an MMO instead of a therapy for people with ego complexes.
    i truly dont understand your position on twinking, when it is basically available to ANYONE. if your going the rare cache and basic enchantment route there is no difference between you and a well geared leveling character. locking at X9 and rocking full cache gear with chants will make you competitive and ANYONE CAN DO IT.

people just always want something to QQ about in pvp.

"omg the epic augs are coming to eat my babies"
    Last edited by labotimy; 02-28-2012 at 08:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast