+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trisian

Thread: Twinking in perspective. How much HP does your lvl 30-39 character have?

Default Twinking in perspective. How much HP does your lvl 30-39 character have?

Lets use my cleric for example. He has about 2800hp at level 36 with very nice gear for his level (few purples) and zero offensive abilities. (only silence and knock back is on the bar) A pure selfless healer.

Now, 2800hp seems like a decent amount to play casually with until something like this puts everything into perspective.

1500-2500 crits, from a DPS class who's designed to be a crit machine eclipses any sort of healing output players can produce. That puts everything into perspective about what the damage Twinking will do to the game because when the healers are gone, it's just a mindless spam fest.

So in conclusion, share how much HP your character has and your thoughts about if you could survive those kind of constant crits. I'm curious what solutions players can come up with. I seriously feel for the casuals now. It's going to be bananas, or a ghost town very soon.

My Rogue twink does similar damage. Less single hit damage but it adds up to be very high. That being said, if a Warrior twink gets in range of me whilst playing MM/ranger/nightblade, I will generally lose 80% of my health during the initial stun then die shortly after. However if I catch them from a long range in an open area, they have absolutely no chance and get mowed down by bullets.

A Mage twink has also killed me with Squirrel>cinderburst>deaths edict whilst playing Marksman glass cannon. Kind of stupid, because I can easily win with break free > Deaden(silence) > builder/finisher to kill. But break free is on a 120 second cool-down..

I imagine Shaman twinks can easily kill people with rage of the north > massive blow/jolt> crushing blow... etc.

I think the solution would be to bolster the hitpoints pools a little more in lowby warfronts to prevent glass cannons being one shotted by other glass cannons.

Though with that being said - speccing Marksman Riftstalker and I will easily survive these burst attacks which would have otherwise killed me. Thus my suggestion to you is to make a Justicar hybrid healing spec. Speaking as a Rogue twink, these are much harder to kill for me than a standard pure healing spec. i.e. both healers and dps'ers should consider bringing pure squishy specs and hybrid tanky specs to play best in different situations.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

1500 seems really low. My 29 cleric hits for 1200 regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    1500 seems really low. My 29 cleric hits for 1200 regularly.
    Care to share what your hp is buffed or unbuffed? The thread isn't about your epeen, this thread is about damage vs total hp. As it currently stands, the damage out scales both capped hp and healing for the bracket and needs addressing.

The problem with gear and twinking is that gear only scales well with damage, and not healing or mitigation. (unless valor is involved) It's a HUGE oversight on Trion's part but they are new to the MMO gig so they get as pass for now. We were all noobs at something once. At least they are getting paid for it.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-27-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Care to share what your hp is buffed or unbuffed? The thread isn't about your epeen, this thread is about damage vs total hp. As it currently stands, the damage out scales both capped hp and healing for the bracket and needs addressing.

The problem with gear and twinking is that gear only scales well with damage, and not healing or mitigation. (unless valor is involved) It's a HUGE oversight on Trion's part but they are new to the MMO gig so they get as pass for now. We were all noobs at something once. At least they are getting paid for it.
    Hmm. I couldve sworn that I wrote more than that one line that makes me look like a ****.

But yeah, in the 20-29 bracket I have seen mages crit with cinderburst for 1k+ while having 3k hp.

I have seen locked warriors have 4k, but they were almost pure tank specs.

Here's my contribution in the hope that it gets nerfed:
    1. Take a friend or main with 300 armorsmithing, plus lots of 300 augments.
    2. Take your main or a good friend who is maxed with icewatch, mathos and dragonslayers.
    3. 300 augment + *9 crafted item = a very good item. Now combine this with the glorified runes.
    4. Combine this with dungeon blues/purples and you have successfully broken that tier.

My 29 cleric has 2300hp. With Mien of Honor (tank mien), 3600ish. I could probably get another 500-600 hp if I followed the above.

Ascendant

In the 30-39 bracket, my warrior had about 4k HP. I have around 5300 locked at 49 in a pure dps build. Warriors with tank builds in the 30-39 bracket were sporting easily 5k HP. Warrior crits in the 30-39 bracket can be pretty beefy, but so can pyros, inquisicabs, and rogues of all kinds.

If you're gearing a character as a twink and survivability is becoming something of an issue for you, some options might be to fill your sigil with essences that have endurance on them (cleric tanking essences are available from Rare Planar Goods vendors in Droughtlands and Scarwood Reach for that level bracket) and possibly consider adding a bit of -icar to your build. Will your healing as a cleric (with or without -icar) be able to keep pace with the damage output of a twink geared to focus on damage? Ehm...it's pretty iffy. HoTs won't save you, I can tell you that much.

Rift Disciple

My 29 cleric twink has ~3k hit points with the level 29 endurance augmented crafting gear with exalted rep runes and a full sigil. I usually run a shaman/inquisitor/justicar spec and if i pop mein of leadership to hold a fang or tank people I get ~4600 hp. An untwinked non tank spec in the bracket will have less than 2k hp, usually ~1800. My spec is not focused on pure dps but I still get single hits for over 500 and ogcd abilities mixed in. Twinked warriors and pyros regularly crit for 1200-1500 in the bracket and usually have ~3k hp themselves.

Twinking is very unfriendly for new players, but I really enjoy the lower level PVP in this game and always have. The opportunity to play with those skill sets and get comfortable with a character is awesome. The costs of twinking a character, particularly in the 29 bracket, is really low as well. Granted, I play a cleric and have no intention of speccing pure healer, but I'm enjoying playing him so far.

+ Reply to Thread