+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Port Scion Bosses Stronger

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Default Make Port Scion Bosses Stronger

I played rift pvp since release, and it's kind of funny how easy it is to complete the pve objectives now days. When rift came out people would get destroyed by even the dragon and church boss and it took more time and more of an organized effort to complete those objectives. Now days everyone is SO much better geared and can kill the bosses ridiculously fast. I can even mage tank the main boss now whereas before you would need a real tank with toughness stat.

I think the main bosses at least should get a buff, probably the mini bosses and idols as well. The trash mobs now are like super trash and you can pretty much 2 shot them, but them being comparatively weaker doesn't change the strategy of the WF so much as being able to burn the bosses in a heartbeat.

I assume people are gonna say "Dude why do you care about the PvE crap this is a PvP warfront!" But really, making the PvE objectives more difficult will probably result in more pvp, or at least give teams more time to counter eachother when they go for the PvE win which happens more often than not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    I played rift pvp since release, and it's kind of funny how easy it is to complete the pve objectives now days. When rift came out people would get destroyed by even the dragon and church boss and it took more time and more of an organized effort to complete those objectives. Now days everyone is SO much better geared and can kill the bosses ridiculously fast. I can even mage tank the main boss now whereas before you would need a real tank with toughness stat.

I think the main bosses at least should get a buff, probably the mini bosses and idols as well. The trash mobs now are like super trash and you can pretty much 2 shot them, but them being comparatively weaker doesn't change the strategy of the WF so much as being able to burn the bosses in a heartbeat.

I assume people are gonna say "Dude why do you care about the PvE crap this is a PvP warfront!" But really, making the PvE objectives more difficult will probably result in more pvp, or at least give teams more time to counter eachother when they go for the PvE win which happens more often than not lately.
    I somehow think they should nerf those bosses, so people learn to defend them. It would give more strategies to win, and spread people out so we don't have to sit on bridge all the time and run the stupid stones.

cut all the thrash away, keep the bosses and mini bosses (but buff those!)

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Why....so we can PVE longer in our DPS race?

Make the boss 250 pts.

He grants +5% DPS and +5% damage mitigation to his faction nearby..to encourage defense.

+10% if one idol is up.

+15% if both idols are up.

People will defend, and killing the boss is not insta-win.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Rift Chaser

everything in scion needs a huge buff. hell i have soloed the church boss

Yup, all the HP values of the NPC elements of Port Scion have been the same since release I believe.. and since then we've gotten gear buff after gear buff after new tiers of gear and you can now kill an Idol ridiculously fast.

+1 for HP buff to all the stuff in Port Scion.. so that by the time you realize something is under attack it isn't already dead and you can actually do something about it.
    afk tera.

It is flat out ridiculous how fast you can kill a boss in Scion.

The only reason this isn't a pertinent issue is because no one gives a damn about Scion.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread