+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Warfont-Deathmatch!

Prophet of Telara

Default New Warfont-Deathmatch!

I know this has been been posted before but thought I would say it again. A warfront where there is no objectives but to kill the others.

First to 50, 100, etc, wins. I know I don't really care about winning a match anymore as long as we win in KB.

Pretty pure in pvp. Also promotes a new playstyle WF's haven't had. Death would be quite meaningful Something people want PvP to have. Good start is in a WF.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Yeah that is what I am thinking Trion will do before they ever think about arena's. Most of my warfront's now we just try to kill the others without worrying about the objectives.

Plane Touched

Why? We already have a "Team with the most healers will win 90% of the time !!" Warfront with Black Garden. Do we really need another. That's basically what you are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I know this has been been posted before but thought I would say it again. A warfront where there is no objectives but to kill the others.

First to 50, 100, etc, wins. I know I don't really care about winning a match anymore as long as we win in KB.
    Those numbers are fine for larger scale maps mate, but people are calling for smaller maps. With healing being so powerful (at the moment), i would expect a smaller number, even for 10 player maps. The higher that number is, the longer the games go and they just become aoe fests.

People need to earn their kills when its a smaller win margin. Every kill counts, so every kill is deliberate.
    Last edited by The Witchking; 02-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Prophet of Telara

No, because whoever picks up the fang will die.

Prophet of Telara

In my experience you need 1 healer in every 5 man. 2 healers in a 5 man then your dps has to be good or you will lose. I like to have a bard in my group just because it makes me look good.

Rift Chaser

meh, make it a real Deathmatch and I'll be interested: one death and you're out. Leave the objectives in place, and we'll have some proper, strategy-driven gameplay, with choices for either KB-driven wins or objective-driven wins. It works perfectly well in World of Tanks, it would work here too.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    meh, make it a real Deathmatch and I'll be interested: one death and you're out. Leave the objectives in place, and we'll have some proper, strategy-driven gameplay, with choices for either KB-driven wins or objective-driven wins. It works perfectly well in World of Tanks, it would work here too.
    I like that, it is like arena's.

Make it so everyone enters alone, there's no grouping up at all, everyone is red to you...have at it

Prophet of Telara

I have a strong feeling that we are going to get a deathmatch type warfront very soon.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I like that, it is like arena's.
    infriction incoming!

Soulwalker

No objectives please, just old skool TDM!

Btw, DM should be with re-spawns. The game type where you don't re-spawn is called Elimination if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't mind having all three, especially when all of them can share maps .

Rift Disciple

PLEASE NO

Deathmatch is just bad for a game like RIFT with such low skill ceiling of the combatsystem.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ax1om View Post
    PLEASE NO

Deathmatch is just bad for a game like RIFT with such low skill ceiling of the combatsystem.
    explain? Low ceiling?

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast