+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Why are healers the best CC in the game?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Wow is all I got to say to that remark..you have no understanding of mechanics, mainly because WHAT IS A FREAKING HEAL DEBUFF?

You want 50% heal reduction from heal debuff PLUS 50% heal reduction from valor which is 75% PLUS 2x heal debuff stacking = 87.5% heal reduction?

People like you cause unwarranted nerfs to classes because you forget the very tools at your disposal or dont care to mention them because you want it to be overlooked.

All I can say is wow..
    Dude, im pretty sure he's just making a snarky comparison to chloro/bards... chill the f*** oiut

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblade View Post
    Dude, im pretty sure he's just making a snarky comparison to chloro/bards... chill the f*** oiut
    Oh I see.

Well thats reasonable, didnt read through it all.

Telaran

That "problem" has been addressed in several ways already. First healing does not equal dps 1 to 1. A dps player can sustain more dps on one target that a healer can heal if we were to take away valor. It would not even be close. A dps would melt a healer 1 on 1 without valor and there would be no point to play a healer as it would be suicidal. They could have balanced healing and damage, but they chose the valor fix. Secondly, healers have no +50% healing talents that can be kept up for most of an encounter. Warriors and rogues do. I would say cc leans towards the attacker for the most part with silences, stuns, snares, and mana drains leading against themeager toolbox the healer brings for escapability. Healing debuffs can be applied much easier/quicker than they can be cleansed. Cross healing plays a huge role, but so does packs of 3 or more people on vent calling hard switches. If hard switches didn't work people wouldn't go down so quickly with 3 competent healers on a team trying to defense against it.

This argument has gone on forever between rogues/dps and healers, and nobody is likely to change their point of view. I have both a rogue at rank 30 and a cleric at rank 38 that i dust off a couple of times a week. I still get gibbed from time to time on the cleric. There are certainly situations where i seem to melt fairly fast, but overall his survivability is pretty decent and he can do his job effectively. On my rogue i have good survivability in a variety of specs and don't have a big problem taking out targets. I don't feel like clerics are god mode and causing me issues. If we aren't putting people down we are usually picking the wrong targets.

In an age where fps games rule, we have gotten a horde of people playing mmos who think they should be head shotting people and take offense when there is any sort of counter to their skills. They don't want a chess game, they want instant gratification. I personally enjoy the chess game with a bit more strategy, requiring some team coordination. I want a game where the offensive focus fire, straight forward bull rush is not the only viable answer in a skirmish.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Knutplate View Post
    Why is a single "good" cleric able to live through the dedicated attacks of 3 dps'ers indefinitely?

This is something that witness more and more frequently, and I question why this is acceptable.

Even Dominators can't keep 3 other people controlled as effectively as a "good" healer can.

Is a 4:1 ratio of dps to healing really what Trion considers the standard of balance?

I propose that healers shouldn't be able to target themselves for more than 25% of their own healing power.

This will allow them to perform in a cross healing capacity, but not run rampant where they completely own the game.

Thanks.

You are absolutely right. this is due to the fact that Trion's developers love the Cleric and keep buffing it.

The dominator should be able to control much better then a healer....but theyy can't....they are food to all classes. The only ting they dominate is a random person in a Warfront.....

In any situation where there is a threat actually prescient, a dominator just doesn' thave the CC that a healer has.....and that is just broken.

TRION FIX YOUR BROKEN IDEAS AND MAKE A DOMINATOR ACTUALLY DOMINATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Wow is all I got to say to that remark..you have no understanding of mechanics, mainly because WHAT IS A FREAKING HEAL DEBUFF?

You want 50% heal reduction from heal debuff PLUS 50% heal reduction from valor which is 75% PLUS 2x heal debuff stacking = 87.5% heal reduction?

People like you cause unwarranted nerfs to classes because you forget the very tools at your disposal or dont care to mention them because you want it to be overlooked.

All I can say is wow..
    I want this game to be balanced and so should you. Cleric healing needs to be reduced for that to be achieved.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 03-02-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I want this game to be balanced and so should you. Cleric healing needs to be reduced for that to be achieved.
    I agree whit you. Cleric heal need nerf.

Champion of Telara

Serious question:

Is the healer killing you?

I mean... you want to be able to 1v1 kill a healer who has zero chance of fighting back -- that's what I'm hearing from the people actually complaining about healing in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblade View Post
    I really, really, really doubt it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Serious question:

I mean... you want to be able to 1v1 kill a healer who has zero chance of fighting back -- that's what I'm hearing from the people actually complaining about healing in this thread.
    Because people want to feel uber by fragging people over and over. Healers get in the way of this desire, and are therefore "bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Serious question:

Everyone hate losing I can understand that. The case you mentioned, where no one can kill each other, is called "EVEN". Sadly, people want only to WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    No you want the game to be imbalanced.

Any single R40 competant dps can keep a healer so busy healing themself that they will not be able to focus on healing their team.

I have a Mage R40 and a cleric R36. I know many R40 clerics of good skill I can destroy if I play good and time CC.

You seem to want a free pass at killing healers without proper CC timing.

Not going to happen, sorry.

^ Absolutely that.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Rift Disciple

Default Cross-healing is the issue imo

Those defending healing "as is" have made some very good points....especially the comments by Licentia. 3 equally geared dps vs an equally geared healer should be a win for the dps....even if the skill level happens to be in the healers favor (re-read some of Licentia's post).

What hasn't been addressed here though is the sheer volume of cross-healing we encounter in WF's. This seems to be more of an issue too me. Any thoughts on this subject??

Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    Those defending healing "as is" have made some very good points....especially the comments by Licentia. 3 equally geared dps vs an equally geared healer should be a win for the dps....even if the skill level happens to be in the healers favor (re-read some of Licentia's post).

What hasn't been addressed here though is the sheer volume of cross-healing we encounter in WF's. This seems to be more of an issue too me. Any thoughts on this subject??
    Thanks for making this comic so true!

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...ngr/rogues.png

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post

So multiple actions of the same type from different targets should negate/reduce/cancel each other out?

Sure, im all for that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast