+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Warning to those who think to rejoin pvp.

Soulwalker

Default Warning to those who think to rejoin pvp.

A fair warning to those who, like me think about to rejoin pvp after some time.
    The first set (Pathfinder) is gone they replaced it whit Seekers set(for rouge).
    Youre old set cant be turned in for set 2, so you need to grind the new 1e set all over, i did contact a GM about this, but didnt get the help i was hoping for. In short i did get: sorry we cant help you. So now i have a total of 300800 Valor and am running around in pvp whit a Seekers set.
    So if you didnt play Rift for a while, (for me it was my Health and hospital visit.), think about this, just a fair warning.

Just warn them that if they want to pvp in rift at 50 and they've been gone a while or never have, it will take about 7 months of grinding for them to catch up to top ranks. Simple and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Just warn them that if they want to pvp in rift at 50 and they've been gone a while or never have, it will take about 7 months of grinding for them to catch up to top ranks. Simple and sweet.
    Just wondering what your smoking. It does not take 7 months to reach top rank unless your only queing once a day.

Whoa running around with 300800 Valor? I'm pretty jelly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Just wondering what your smoking. It does not take 7 months to reach top rank unless your only queing once a day.
    ok ok it's more like 5 months =P

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Whoa running around with 300800 Valor? I'm pretty jelly right now.
    12032% less damage taken is pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    12032% less damage taken is pretty nice
    So like does that mean when you get hit you heal yourself for that amount? God that is pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldius View Post
    The first set (Pathfinder) is gone they replaced it whit Seekers set(for rouge).
    Youre old set cant be turned in for set 2, so you need to grind the new 1e set all over, i did contact a GM about this, but didnt get the help i was hoping for. In short i did get: sorry we cant help you. So now i have a total of 300800 Valor and am running around in pvp whit a Seekers set.
    So if you didnt play Rift for a while, (for me it was my Health and hospital visit.), think about this, just a fair warning.
    You should offer an anecdotal route like "but don't fear, you could just play for a bonus weekend and get yourself on the track you want to be again"

But it's almost like you were fear mongering people away instead of trying to help them. Let's be real, the situation you laid out is just a by-product of not logging into an ever changing game for many months at a time so to get back on the perfect track you may have to re-arrange the puzzle a bit. But you should be able to 'get back on track' in a matter of 24 - 72 hours.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Back when I was checking the price conversion between marks of retribution and favor (live vs PTS), I noticed that the *new* cost of purchasing the *new* lowest set of PVP was roughly the same cost as upgrading the old set to the new one.

In other words: The grind it would have taken you to go from one set to the next in the old system didn't change. Purchasing new gear won't cost you any more favor than it would have before.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Yup, not worth the time to even try.

Rift Disciple

Default Doesn't take that long

Took me just over 3 months to get to R8 (now R40). With escalation weekends, veteran pots for valor/prestige, and matched WFs it's very easy to level in PvP. Trion has done everything possible to make PvP better for the casual player. Anyone who thinks this is a grind must not have played WoW PvP when the grind to High Warlord took 40+ hours a week and there was no guarantee then of reaching the rank if some else played more hours than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldius View Post
    Anyone who decides to play Rift for PvP is so wrong in so many ways anyways.

Grinding is the smallest problem they will have.

I've not played even for 10 minutes since 1.7. Not worth the time spent.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Rift Disciple

Default Nemrud's Point

Although Nemrud didn't explain why he thinks PvP is a waste of time, I too can understand why he would say that. The majority of players need a continuing incentive to stick with PvP once they have maxed out their level and gear. I rarely see any of the same players I saw in WFs 3 to 6 months ago. Although some people think the WFs themselves need tweaking to make for better PvP play, I would argue it's the lack on any incentives or goals that causes players to discontinue PvPing. My suggestion to the GMs was to extend the rep in all the WFs to glorified and have the PvP vendors sell better (gold) runes or lesser planars. It takes a while to get to glorified and this would considerably extend a players time in the WFs...because they have a goal.

Fizbang R40 Defiant Mage Seastone

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    Anyone who decides to play Rift for PvP is so wrong in so many ways anyways.

Grinding is the smallest problem they will have.

I've not played even for 10 minutes since 1.7. Not worth the time spent.
    Who are you to make this statment if you admit to only playing 10 minutes since 1.7?

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Who are you to make this statment if you admit to only playing 10 minutes since 1.7?
    To be fair, 10 minutes is plenty of time to make a first impression, and you know what they say about those?
    Last edited by Trisian; 03-02-2012 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast