+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Shards from a PvE'rs Perspective

Soulwalker

Default PvP Shards from a PvE'rs Perspective

First of all your probably all not going to take me seriously but i really donít care im stuck in my situation and i think Trion needs to find a fix for people like me. Ok here we go.

I am a PvE person by heart i love progression deeply and so in order to progress and be the best of the best you have to make sacrifices i for one have to sacrifice allot of open world events such as World events and Rift invasion events which i need both to progress and get better gear/items/free stuff.

Here are my proposed changes and how i think the system should work for people like me.
    World pvp should be Completely gear based to a certain point i think it should also reflect on your /pvp status if your in pvp gear and your /pvp is on then your automatically open for getting ganked all you want, now on the other hand if your in pvp/pve gear and your /pvp is off then you can not be ganked and you can walk around freely. Other alternatives to my system would be something like world Merc system like go with the flow for instance, if your on EI doing an invasion you can do /merc (would have debuff timer so you cant auto gank) which would allow you to be with who ever is the more populated at the time this would allow people like me to actually have fun and be able to do everything they need to do in game.

Hit the post up with all of your thoughts on this as well so that maybe they might look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinOdin666 View Post
    First of all your probably all not going to take me seriously but i really donít care im stuck in my situation and i think Trion needs to find a fix for people like me. Ok here we go.

I am a PvE person by heart i love progression deeply and so in order to progress and be the best of the best you have to make sacrifices i for one have to sacrifice allot of open world events such as World events and Rift invasion events which i need both to progress and get better gear/items/free stuff.

Here are my proposed changes and how i think the system should work for people like me.
    World pvp should be Completely gear based to a certain point i think it should also reflect on your /pvp status if your in pvp gear and your /pvp is on then your automatically open for getting ganked all you want, now on the other hand if your in pvp/pve gear and your /pvp is off then you can not be ganked and you can walk around freely. Other alternatives to my system would be something like world Merc system like go with the flow for instance, if your on EI doing an invasion you can do /merc (would have debuff timer so you cant auto gank) which would allow you to be with who ever is the more populated at the time this would allow people like me to actually have fun and be able to do everything they need to do in game.

Hit the post up with all of your thoughts on this as well so that maybe they might look into this.
    I have been on a PvP shard ever since level 1 i think its fine the way it is.

/merc (would have debuff timer so you cant auto gank) which would allow you to be with who ever is the more populated
    This makes no sense for a PvP-related function. Wouldn't it be more wise to balance out the teams so it's more competitive?
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

pvp servers' rules are carebear enough.

Rift Disciple

Optional PvP? Hmm, I'm surprised there aren't already servers like that.

I shall dub this idea the PvE server!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leslol View Post
    Optional PvP? Hmm, I'm surprised there aren't already servers like that.

I shall dub this idea the PvE server!
    ROFL... u r so smart

My take is - if you want to pvp, you should move to a pvp shard. Even as a solo player, and I am sure pvp players here can vouch...there really isn't much you can't accomplish on a pvp server that you can pve server. I mean the only thing you 'can't' do really is sometimes come out and solo farm a bunch of mobs by yourself. The events I have been blocked from because of pvp is very small and only because I tried to tag bosses at the end. My fault really.

In the end I see pvp servers as just a bonus. If you get a friend or two it's np usually in world zones, which shouldn't be rough for a guild xfer. Sometimes you get to beat some people up. Sometimes you die...It doesn't hold you back that badly.

PvP servers won't be a major factor unless this game creates a significant contested game. Ie. I recall in eq2, when contested mobs had the best loot in the game, pvp servers had harder time getting them simply because they were hard mobs on top of having people trying to kill you while fighting a hard raid mob. But when contested began to not matter, pvp servers progressed just as easy as pve servers.

I think the OP's idea is complicated and it is fine as is. I think people fear a pvp server more than they should and it's too bad more guilds don't move to them. Some people view pvp servers (from pve servers) as stomping grounds where max ranks run around in hoards beating up anyone in path. As a player whose been on both it's really the same except pvp server I get into fights
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

good guilds tend to go pvp shards.

nuff said.

Top-world guilds, go to RP-PvE empty servers
    Last edited by Highland; 02-26-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Quote Originally Posted by ShinOdin666 View Post

I think that there should be a button at the character select server that lets you switch to a PvE server that has the ruleset you want. Oh wait, that exists.

Mordred, then Andred, then just failure. Thus is the lifespan of pvp servers.

+ Reply to Thread