+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Port Fail

Rift Disciple

Default Port Fail

I can't speak for everyone's server but on our server port scion has become a rush boss immediate win/lose warfront. I think the ez mode option of downing the boss should be removed from bonus weekend events. The warfront isn't even a warfront anymore it's a dps check to get 1k favor if you win thats it. Complete fail, while bonus weekend event is normally a great way to rack up xp and favor now it isn't at all and a complete waste of weekend event. What you all think?

Who's making you queue for it again?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

I'm not queing for it anymore that is the problem it is the bonus weekend and I won't do it cause there is no actual pvp/favor/xp anymore since everyone is just going for the ez mode win/fail option.

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    I can't speak for everyone's server but on our server port scion has become a rush boss immediate win/lose warfront. I think the ez mode option of downing the boss should be removed from bonus weekend events. The warfront isn't even a warfront anymore it's a dps check to get 1k favor if you win thats it. Complete fail, while bonus weekend event is normally a great way to rack up xp and favor now it isn't at all and a complete waste of weekend event. What you all think?
    This sounds awful familiar...

Oh yeah, now I remember. Only they were doing it for honor, not favor.

Guess some things never change, regardless of what game you're playing.

Why not just, kill them when they harass your boss?

Prophet of Telara

The best PS I have been in is where everyone ignores the boss and objectives and just try to kill each other.

Rift Disciple

The team isn't supporting our boss the team is rushing other boss win or fail, 1 vs entire other team odds doesn't work.

A fast failed Scion queue is better than getting farmed for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    Was just coming on here to post exactly the same thing . I've barely seen an enemy player in Scion this weekend as everyone's just opting for a boss race. I can live with fast games now and again to complete the daily, but not on a bonus weekend. Rushing the boss for a measly 700-1400 favor is heartbreaking when you can walk away with 10k on kills alone. Not to mention it's extremely boring and not really in the spirit of things.

My only suggestion would be to have the boss grant points only and not end the game, at least then those of us who do wish to PvP will still get a chance when all the other rubbish has been cleared. Or even better, remove all PvE elements on bonus weekend and just have team deathmatch.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kiminski View Post
    Or even better, remove all PvE elements on bonus weekend and just have team deathmatch.
    There are no PvE elements, the NPCs are trivial without the other team, you compete against the other team to complete them or to stop each other, that is PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    There are no PvE elements, the NPCs are trivial without the other team, you compete against the other team to complete them or to stop each other, that is PvP.
    Having a race to see who can down a boss first, without actually coming into contact with a single enemy player is not PvP. This thread is about the fact that nobody wants to defend anymore.

Champion

Having a race to see who can down a boss first, without actually coming into contact with a single enemy player is not PvP.
    Actually yes it is.

This thread is about the fact that nobody wants to defend anymore.
    Yeah the guardians kept trying to go straight for the boss yesterday, guess what they lost nearly every match, because as they have to contend with the boss & are further from the spawn point, we didn't have to send out the entire team to stop them, so the few that didn't go were able to take out the church boss / elites, take bridge and start idols virtually unopposed, whilst the others defended the boss and build up a lead the guardians couldn't get back and which lead to them adopt the obvious tactic of regularly trying to take our boss and failing.

It is a case of communication and l2p.
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-26-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Yeah the guardians kept trying to go straight for the boss yesterday, guess what they lost nearly every match, because as they have to contend with the boss & are further from the spawn point, we didn't have to send out the entire team to stop them, so the few that didn't go were able to take out the church boss / elites, take bridge and start idols virtually unopposed, whilst the others defended the boss and build up a lead the guardians couldn't get back and which lead to them adopt the obvious tactic of regularly trying to take our boss and failing.

You're completely missing the point!

This is happening on both Defiant and Guardian. Nobody's interested in tactics anymore, I can suggest we defend all I like but they'd sooner lose a boss race for 700 favor than have a game that lasts longer than a few minutes. It has nothing to do with my communication skills or knowledge of the game, it's just a recent trend that obviously hasn't hit your servers yet.

Nevermind...

Need.

More.

Coffee.
    Last edited by Meina; 02-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Ascendant

Funny story; I never see port scion pve races happen.

Probably because I turn around and go defend idols and the boss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast