+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyaus

Thread: PvP Improvements?

Soulwalker

Default PvP Improvements?

Honestly what would you like?
    And, more importantly....WHY?

Personally? Lets start with skill locks, and the seperation of PvE and PvP. This way achieving balance is much easier without pissing off as many members.

From there I would like to see some new concept Warfronts. Ex:

King of the Hill
    Deathmatch
    Last Man Standing
    Smaller Scale PvP
    Leader Boards
    Shard v Shard v Shard v You get the picture
    World PvP Defense messages like: X Guardian/Defiant, has killed 10 Guardian/Defiant in Stillmoor!
    Kind of like accolades in WF's, but make it known in OWPvP. Server recognition sparks competition.

What do you fellas want?

I am NOT AM0N!!!! No Banz ME!
    Last edited by NotAm0n; 02-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I would like a death match of some sort, let's start with that.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NotAm0n View Post
    Honestly what would you like?
    And, more importantly....WHY?

Personally? Lets start with skill locks, and the seperation of PvE and PvP. This way achieving balance is much easier without pissing off as many members.

From there I would like to see some new concept Warfronts. Ex:

King of the Hill
    Deathmatch
    Last Man Standing
    Smaller Scale PvP
    Leader Boards
    Shard v Shard v Shard v You get the picture
    World PvP Defense messages like: X Guardian/Defiant, has killed 10 Guardian/Defiant in Stillmoor!
    Kind of like accolades in WF's, but make it known in OWPvP. Server recognition sparks competition.

What do you fellas want?

I am NOT AM0N!!!! No Banz ME!
    Would love to see just about ANYTHING new for PVP. 1.7 brought us marriage, pvp pa (ugh), and little else. 1.8?

People I run with in PVP are definitely getting bored. 1.7 didn't help, and I'm worried 1.8 will bring nothing new/interesting to the table for us either.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Would love to see just about ANYTHING new for PVP. 1.7 brought us marriage, pvp pa (ugh), and little else. 1.8?

People I run with in PVP are definitely getting bored. 1.7 didn't help, and I'm worried 1.8 will bring nothing new/interesting to the table for us either.
    Yerp. Idk maybe even a lil insight into the plans for PvP. I know they like to keep stuff hush hush, but this has gone on a bit to long. I didn't even think it would be possible for me to ever want to quit this game, I am taking a sideline seat though, at least for a little bit.

WTB Something PvP related, that isnt "Grind to Rank 100!"

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NotAm0n View Post
    Shaggy is op.

Soulwalker

Bring back true pvp, bring back DAoC pvp.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morvis007 View Post
    Bring back true pvp, bring back DAoC pvp.
    I'm so tired of reading about how awesome DAoC was. Listen, I empathize. I really do. I played the heck out of Dark Age. It is my favorite MMO experience, to date. The RvR was fantastic. The balance was great. Heck, even after Atlantis it was pretty good. And it's still being actively supported today, even though there are only a few people still playing.

That said, it was a fluke. I don't think a company that was actually trying to replicate all the great things about Camelot could do it again. Games aren't done like that anymore, and what's more, players don't play like that anymore. Companies understand that there simply aren't enough players interested in quality RvR, and MMO players seem to have become trollish jerks that don't want to cooperate with anyone at all ever.

Rift, in particular, isn't even trying to be a quality RvR game. Rift is a play thing. WFs are football/softball matches. They don't mean anything, and they aren't meant to. It doesn't matter if you totally stomp face in Black Garden because everyone's going to just mash the PvP button and do it again. And it's very unlikely you'll see most of the people you grouped with often enough for their existence to matter.

Rift PvP isn't Serious Business.

Weddings
    Vanity Pets
    Artifact Sets
    Warfronts

They're all pretty play things tacked on to the larger, raid-based game.

DAoC's time was a long time ago. Just let it go, and enjoy your pinatas.

In no particular order:

1. The ability to be a merc in the open world. Means a lot more people become targets when I'm out questing or grinding than I would otherwise have. Plus, it might help with the open world zerfests.

2. Guild vs Guild PvP. The MMO I played before this one was a game called PWI and before it went to **** from it's own cash shop, the guild wars were ****ing amazing. 3 hours of constant craziness, people yelling in chat to guard the damn gate... I have to admit, I miss it a lot.

3. More warfronts. Not gonna lie, 5 isn't enough variety for me.

4. A continuous PvP zone.

5. After realizing just how TERRIBLE I am at small scale PvP (no hiding behind a tank pew pewing in a small scale type stuff), I want some form of small scale PvP so I can learn how to not be terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I tend to lean in the opposite direction of the OP.

I'd like to see large scale (as many players as the servers can handle), instanced (to supply and control population and faction imbalance), long term (I'm talking hours, maybe even days) PvP.

I used to love the weekend long battles we used to have in the old Alterac Valley in WoW. If Trion would give us something like that I'd...

I'd...

Ummm...

Well, I don't know what I'd do but I'd be very very happy.
    Last edited by Meina; 02-25-2012 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread