+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Venturer

Thread: Port scion

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default Port scion

    After two brutal days of being farmed, im wondering if trion can take a look into changing this warfront as well. All it takes is a bad matchmaking setup and one team sits on the others front door and farms them for 40 minutes then downs our boss. My last warfront the defiant team had over 400 kills!? It wouldn't be so bad if it was shorter but we had people just quit because taking the lockout timer was easier than sitting in our spawn another half hour. defiants making 16k favor while we earn 7k ( With vials!) is frankly ********

    Have i just had the worst 10 game rng or is anyone else seeing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Great, I always wanted to expose my breasts to heavy fire, GG Trion.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I say change Port Scion bonus weekends to a new Port Scion scenario/rule set.

    Death Match - First team to 200 kills wins. Remove all pve mobs and targets. Keep map structure. Ditch bridge as a spawn point. Put power-ups (imo make new ones!) in place of crystals/top of church boss mob
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #3
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I say change Port Scion bonus weekends to a new Port Scion scenario/rule set.

    Death Match - First team to 200 kills wins. Remove all pve mobs and targets. Keep map structure.
    I think it would be neat to have a weekend ruleset that removes the npcs, and makes it an open pvp area that you can q into and leave when you want sort of like the instant adventure idea. Idk, just throwing ideas out there, I'm not like disappointed with it currently though, I just think you have to be in the mood for it bc its a longer wf, and if things get lopsided you're probably going to be stuck for a bit.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    It's not the map. It's the players. If you're getting farmed that bad in Scion, you'd be getting farmed just as bad with the same team in another warfront. Scion's layout means that if your team is prone to getting spread out, you're going to get flattened by a zergball with the quickness and have an extremely hard time getting anything done. Bridges and ramps and buildings and walls with multiple objectives to attack/defend/control means the most coordinated team usually wins.

    Composition plays a part, yes. But it usually plays the biggest part if your team tunnels on the bridge. It doesn't take much to drop an idol unless you can' get enough people to the idol at the same time to get the job done. It doesn't take much to drop the lieutenant that comes to rebuild the idol. But again, if you get pushed back and can't reform to get the job done, you're in trouble.

    To be absolutely honest, Port Scion is probably my least favorite map (roughly tied with WS regular) because it's just too hard to get PUGs on the same page, and not a whole lot you can do by yourself if your teammates can't/won't tow the line. At least in Codex/BG/LR, I can go do productive things whether my team is on the ball or not. We might still lose, but I have viable objectives I can work on. PS and WS? Not so much.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    the problem with scion weekends is this. it will always be either balanced or un balanced because you will have teams that q to farm and teams that q to gear alts.

    if you lose its because your on the team that is gearing alts. (or new pvprs trying to get some bonus favor/xp)
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venturer View Post
    After two brutal days of being farmed, im wondering if trion can take a look into changing this warfront as well. All it takes is a bad matchmaking setup and one team sits on the others front door and farms them for 40 minutes then downs our boss. My last warfront the defiant team had over 400 kills!? It wouldn't be so bad if it was shorter but we had people just quit because taking the lockout timer was easier than sitting in our spawn another half hour. defiants making 16k favor while we earn 7k ( With vials!) is frankly ********

    Have i just had the worst 10 game rng or is anyone else seeing this.
    first of all, you are in the wrong battlegroup. Go Join the battlegroup which consist of Laethys, Biarcliff, Faeblight, Silkweb, Wolfbane, Gnarlwood, Byriel. This Battlegroup, the Guardians win 90% WF and able to farm defiant easily. Go do a Server Transfer. :P

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    first of all, you are in the wrong battlegroup. Go Join the battlegroup which consist of Laethys, Biarcliff, Faeblight, Silkweb, Wolfbane, Gnarlwood, Byriel. This Battlegroup, the Guardians win 90% WF and able to farm defiant easily. Go do a Server Transfer. :P
    That is my battlegroup and since mercenary can place you on ether team this logic seems flawed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Great, I always wanted to expose my breasts to heavy fire, GG Trion.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    haha.. that's because since defiant kept losing, they(or mostly) don't feel like joining it, so... the higher chance of you becoming defiant mercs. But i had fun farming those Headless Clueless defiant. They really suck in these BG/WF. Not working hand-in-hand.

    To those Guardians who wasn't on this Battlegroup, feel free to join. pwn those Defiant :P

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    My experience yesterday was a bit different but with the same results. I'm Guardian and we went through about 10 wf's that were a straight dps race. and lost 9 of those times. Although some were valid, most were that we were just slower than they were. I believe on those, it was the mechanics to some extent. The defient had some advantage . The one time we won, it was because we all went to defend our boss and wiped them out.. then took bridge and church and a bit later, took down their boss. It was a nice win...

    but sadly, the next several tries had someone who refused to listen and insisted on going straight for their boss over and over again... laughable. oh well.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamontoast View Post
    My experience yesterday was a bit different but with the same results. I'm Guardian and we went through about 10 wf's that were a straight dps race. and lost 9 of those times. Although some were valid, most were that we were just slower than they were. I believe on those, it was the mechanics to some extent. The defient had some advantage . The one time we won, it was because we all went to defend our boss and wiped them out.. then took bridge and church and a bit later, took down their boss. It was a nice win...

    but sadly, the next several tries had someone who refused to listen and insisted on going straight for their boss over and over again... laughable. oh well.
    Actually you are wrong, It is Guardian who has advantage, the path is layout nicely for them, just go under the bridge , kill the idol and strange to the boss.
    Defiant can't do that due to the layout of the map
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Actually you are wrong, It is Guardian who has advantage, the path is layout nicely for them, just go under the bridge , kill the idol and strange to the boss.
    Defiant can't do that due to the layout of the map
    Then I don't know what to say then as I don't know the Defiant path all that well, but they beat us every time even when we were flawless in the approach. In that case, we were beaten by milliseconds cause we did have their boss down when the match declared them the winner

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    first of all, you are in the wrong battlegroup. Go Join the battlegroup which consist of Laethys, Biarcliff, Faeblight, Silkweb, Wolfbane, Gnarlwood, Byriel. This Battlegroup, the Guardians win 90% WF and able to farm defiant easily. Go do a Server Transfer. :P
    Can anyone recommend a battlegroup where Defiants do not suck? I'm on the Briarcliff BG, and it's probably taken years off my life from frustration. People rarely play healers, nobody reads, nobody types stuff to read anyway, and people just run around and spam stuff while dying. Guardians, on the other hand, play like premades more often than not. After mercing onto some of their teams, I can see why. Someone is always giving directions, and people get chewed out for not trying to win.

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamontoast View Post
    Then I don't know what to say then as I don't know the Defiant path all that well, but they beat us every time even when we were flawless in the approach. In that case, we were beaten by milliseconds cause we did have their boss down when the match declared them the winner
    The boss can be drown within 1min by a good 15 man group.A fast dps race can end in less than 2min.
    I have seem it done.
    I have also seem 20 man doing like 20% of the boss hp in dmg in the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post
    Can anyone recommend a battlegroup where Defiants do not suck? I'm on the Briarcliff BG, and it's probably taken years off my life from frustration. People rarely play healers, nobody reads, nobody types stuff to read anyway, and people just run around and spam stuff while dying.
    I think Deepstrike is doing well. At least at the time I played.
    And no healer is not a must have to win matches.
    Last edited by Wawer; 02-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts