+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: To all those who complains about Twinks

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default To all those who complains about Twinks

    Every single arguments you make are also valid arguments when complaining about level 50 pvp. Hate the game, not the players.

    The only difference between a twink and a level 50 rank 40, is that the twink took 1 week to make and is accessible to ANYONE willing to put the effort. To level 50 disparaging the people twinking : How many /played days did it take for you to start not getting rolled in pvp? That is all.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiershar View Post
    Every single arguments you make are also valid arguments when complaining about level 50 pvp. Hate the game, not the players.

    The only difference between a twink and a level 50 rank 40, is that the twink took 1 week to make and is accessible to ANYONE willing to put the effort. To level 50 disparaging the people twinking : How many /played days did it take for you to start not getting rolled in pvp? That is all.
    Which is exactly why both need to be fixed, no more twinks via xp locked warfronts and seperate level 50 into brackets like Rank 1 to 9, 10 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 50.

    Do the above and the problem is solved.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Which is exactly why both need to be fixed, no more twinks via xp locked warfronts and seperate level 50 into brackets like Rank 1 to 9, 10 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 50.

    Do the above and the problem is solved.
    Sure, the problem is solved if you're playing a spreadsheet. You're not playing a spreadsheet. You're playing a game where populations shift. The system currently can't always put together fully matched warfronts with the two tiered system it has now because there aren't always enough people to fill out both teams with the appropriate ranks, but somehow you think segregating the tiers even further is going to help?

  4. #4
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Sure, the problem is solved if you're playing a spreadsheet. You're not playing a spreadsheet. You're playing a game where populations shift. The system currently can't always put together fully matched warfronts with the two tiered system it has now because there aren't always enough people to fill out both teams with the appropriate ranks, but somehow you think segregating the tiers even further is going to help?
    1 word, Bolstering.

    If ther isn't enough in you level bracket at 50 then you get bolstered to the next, if there isn't enough in the next you get double bolstered to the next one aswell etc. And i'm not talking abiout the bolstering we have now i mean a proper one that actully increases everything to bring you up to that ranking (the base rank - 10, 20, 30, 40).

    Of corse the other option is to have Warfront only gear that is purchased (say 10 platimum at 50) and you can only enter a warfront if your wearing it, then use favor to purchase better looking versions of the gear with no stat increase at all (or at best +1 on everything, that way at rank 40 you'd have +5 everyhing which isn't much), this way it isn't a gear to win and is only a win and look more epic.

    Option 2 is the better 1 IMO, because PVE systems in MMOs don't really work in PVP in MMOs (gearng/stating up), PVP gear should be set level and the base set should look terrible/plain, then as you buy the better versions it only changes in how epic it looks.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 02-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    1 word, Bolstering.

    If ther isn't enough in you level bracket at 50 then you get bolstered to the next, if there isn't enough in the next you get double bolstered to the next one aswell etc. And i'm noit talking abiout the bolstering we have now i mean a proper one that actully increases everything to bring you up to that ranking (the base rank - 10, 20, 30, 40).

    Of corse the other option is to have Warfront only gear that is purchased (say 10 platimum at 50) and you can only enter a warfront if your wearing it, then use favor to purchase better looking versions of the gear with no stat increase at all (or at best +1 on everything, that way at rank 40 you'd have +5 everyhing which isn't much), this way it isn't a gear to win and is only a win and look more epic.
    Bolstering can only go so far. The game is what it is, and all these suggestions to totally revamp the gear and totally revamp this and bolster the hell out of that...you can only change so much.

    If you don't like the PvP, you don't like the PvP. If you don't want to go through the grind to compete at 50, you can make an alt for the lower brackets. If the few hours it takes to gear a character in the lower brackets is too much for you, maybe you're looking at the wrong area of the game for your entertainment.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Bolstering can only go so far. The game is what it is, and all these suggestions to totally revamp the gear and totally revamp this and bolster the hell out of that...you can only change so much.

    If you don't like the PvP, you don't like the PvP. If you don't want to go through the grind to compete at 50, you can make an alt for the lower brackets. If the few hours it takes to gear a character in the lower brackets is too much for you, maybe you're looking at the wrong area of the game for your entertainment.
    Which shows how broken the system is, it's a gear to win PVP system (basically a PVE system put into PVP).

    Also as for bolstering can only go so far, true BUT at least it would make it fairer than it is now - gear to win (or just use option 2 for the way it should be in MMO PVP - the better you are the more epic you look). In PVP you should never have to grind to compete, you should only have to get better to compete.

    I'm just pointing out ways in which the PVP system can be made fairer, plus i know i'm in the wrong area of the game for my entertainment and that's why my sub isn't getting renewed. I like the game and i'd like to play it in PVP but the sytem isn't designed properly for PVP (it's using a PVE system which isn't suited for MMO PVP).
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 02-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Which shows how broken the system is, it's a gear to win PVP system (basically a PVE system put into PVP).
    It is what it is. You find it broken. That's your opinion. I'm telling you that it's not hard to gear to be competitive in the lower brackets. If you don't want to put in that trivial amount of effort, FINE. But don't complain like there's this enormous barrier preventing you from enjoying it.

    Also as for bolstering can only go so far, true BUT at least it would make it fairer than it is now - gear to win (or just use option 2 for the way it should be in MMO PVP - the better you are the more epic you look). In PVP you should never have to grind to compete, you should only have to get better to compete.
    More opinions. I play the game Trion offers. If I decide I don't like it, I'll go play something else. I won't snivel and cry on the forums about it. I'll just go. When I dislike something, I say so. And then I leave it alone. I don't fight day in and day out for them to change the game to suit my ideal preferences, because I know it will never happen.

    So again...if you don't like the 50 PvP scene, and you don't have a few hours to gear an alt, then Rift's PvP is clearly not to your liking. Adjust accordingly.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Which shows how broken the system is, it's a gear to win PVP system (basically a PVE system put into PVP).

    Also as for bolstering can only go so far, true BUT at least it would make it fairer than it is now - gear to win (or just use option 2 for the way it should be in MMO PVP - the better you are the more epic you look). In PVP you should never have to grind to compete, you should only have to get better to compete.

    I'm just pointing out ways in which the PVP system can be made fairer, plus i know i'm in the wrong area of the game for my entertainment and that's why my sub isn't getting renewed. I like the game and i'd like to play it in PVP but the sytem isn't designed properly for PVP (it's using a PVE system which isn't suited for MMO PVP).
    Welcome to the modern MMORPG (see the underlined bits).

    Almost every MMORPG is based on some level of grinding. It keeps people playing by supplying them with artificial goals (reach X rank / level / whatever, get X gear). Granted, Rift took this concept a bit too far in regards to PvP gear, but they've also taken steps to alleviate some of that.

    If you're looking for skill based games you need to try an FPS, console games or the ultra rare MMORPG that isn't gear / grind based (if you find one, let me know).

    All twinking is doing is allowing players to bypass some of the gear grind that is end game so they can get to the top of the food chain faster. It takes very little grinding, relatively speaking, to outfit a twink. Thus, people can get to the fun part of the game, which is PvP'ing without having to play fodder in this case, a lot faster.

    The best case, for Trion, is that people use their twinks to blow off steam while taking a break from grinding end game content.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    It is what it is. You find it broken. That's your opinion. I'm telling you that it's not hard to gear to be competitive in the lower brackets. If you don't want to put in that trivial amount of effort, FINE. But don't complain like there's this enormous barrier preventing you from enjoying it.
    More opinions. I play the game Trion offers. If I decide I don't like it, I'll go play something else. I won't snivel and cry on the forums about it. I'll just go. When I dislike something, I say so. And then I leave it alone. I don't fight day in and day out for them to change the game to suit my ideal preferences, because I know it will never happen.

    So again...if you don't like the 50 PvP scene, and you don't have a few hours to gear an alt, then Rift's PvP is clearly not to your liking. Adjust accordingly.
    Yeah there opinions, this is a forum after all.

    Me if a game and i don't like an aspect of it i'll post explaining why i don't like it, i don't insult people or the devs i simply explain my issues and suggestions on what can be done to possibly improce things.

    You play the game Trion offers, good for you BUT, they do take peoples feedback and do change things based on it (as has been seen), so it makes sence to do what i said above.

    I never said the barrier was enormous i just pointed out it shouldn't even exist if it was done like i reacon it should be done, re-reading my post, i can't seem to see my sniveling and crying, i see posts explaining what i recon could be done to improve things - in my opinion (i recon i shiould add that for you).
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 02-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Yeah there opinions, this is a forum after all.

    Me if a game and i don't like an aspect of it i'll post explaining why i don't like it, i don't insult people or the devs i simply explain my issues and suggestions on what can be done to possibly improce things.

    You play the game Trion offers, good for you BUT, they do take peoples feedback and do change things based on it (as has been seen), so it makes sence to do what i said above.
    Of course they do, but demanding vast changes to the way things are done and expecting or even hoping that it'll happen is pretty naive. They're not going to scrap the gear system or if they do, it won't be until an expansion and a gear reset. You think people are unhappy now? Wait until you tell people that all the gear they've just spent the last several dozen hours grinding for in order to be competitive is now just fluff.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Remove Twinks, they ruining low lvl pvp, most of low lvls now afk in wfs just 2 leech instead of fighting becuz they know wfs are full of twinks.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    Remove Twinks, they ruining low lvl pvp, most of low lvls now afk in wfs just 2 leech instead of fighting becuz they know wfs are full of twinks.
    Twinks are perfectly in the right here. Those who afk during wf should be reported. You have some very skewed morals, mister.
    Last edited by Kiershar; 02-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    OP you are actually incorrect, it is actually a different situation. Over time the average rank and gear level of the 50 bracket increases. A high rank may have an edge vs a low rank but eventually the low rank will reach the same gear level through normal play. Now compare this to the twinks, who, with the exception of other twinks, are facing opponents who tend to be moving through a level bracket and due to the speed of leveling, through the normal course of play one will not get a BIS set of gear for each level range since leveling is so quick and not having BIS isn't that big of an issue in normal play.

    Twinks are only looking to dominate not to compete, and in my opinion a large amount of them are only doing it in the lower brackets because they can't do it in the 50s bracket. They are going up against people with a massive gear edge, a level edge in many cases and tend to be running much better specs than newer players.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    OP you are actually incorrect, it is actually a different situation. Over time the average rank and gear level of the 50 bracket increases. A high rank may have an edge vs a low rank but eventually the low rank will reach the same gear level through normal play.
    How is that different from a level 19 who spends a few hours to acquire gear to compete in that bracket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Now compare this to the twinks, who, with the exception of other twinks, are facing opponents who tend to be moving through a level bracket and due to the speed of leveling, through the normal course of play one will not get a BIS set of gear for each level range since leveling is so quick and not having BIS isn't that big of an issue in normal play.
    This is a personal choice from the players. They decided not to spend time improving themselves. EXACTLY the same situation as a 50r0 vs 50r40. Bad argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Twinks are only looking to dominate not to compete, and in my opinion a large amount of them are only doing it in the lower brackets because they can't do it in the 50s bracket. They are going up against people with a massive gear edge, a level edge in many cases and tend to be running much better specs than newer players.
    False. I decided not to partake in the level 50 grind fest and decided to have my pvp fun with a level 19. I've been subbed to Rift for like 1 month and 1/2 and don't plan to be going past 3 months. Here's my question : Should a level 50 rank 40 with the best possible gear decide to stop pvp'ing out of fairness to new level 50? Then after your yes or no answer, tell me why.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    there aren't even enough low level players in this game to separate twinks from normal players (& yes i say normal cus anyone that needs to roll over lesser geared leveling players has issues) so there is no solution

    keep scaring away the new subs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts