+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: To all those who complains about Twinks

why bother arguing with posters like Rizaz,

In all honesty, go look at the Riftstalker nerf thread for more gems of logical discussion from him/them/other Voodoo players/these types of posters.

These are the types of posters who either never played a real pvp MMO, and if they did - never progressed passed scrub status.

I want twinking, but I also don't. I'm so torn.

The huge issue with twinking is that the gear only scales well with damage. EVERY low and mid bracket pvp match since turning xp off is the same. 1 healer per team, 99% DPS. Why you ask? It's not because Twinks are jerks and just want to 2 shot you. Twinks are intelligent players who educate themselves and research the best possible way to be effective within the limitations of the rules.

Sadly.... in Trion's attempts to cripple healing in pvp because players have the attention span of a gnat, it's completely screwed low lvl pvp. Damage out scales healing so much, it's literally pointless to try to heal your WF now that genuine twinks are possible. The damage scales too high and until Trion fixes it, you'll see fewer and fewer healers until it's just one big ugly quake deathmatch, gibs and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I want twinking, but I also don't. I'm so torn.

The huge issue with twinking is that the gear only scales well with damage. EVERY low and mid bracket pvp match since turning xp off is the same. 1 healer per team, 99% DPS. Why you ask? It's not because Twinks are jerks and just want to 2 shot you. Twinks are intelligent players who educate themselves and research the best possible way to be effective within the limitations of the rules.

Sadly.... in Trion's attempts to cripple healing in pvp because players have the attention span of a gnat, it's completely screwed low lvl pvp. Damage out scales healing so much, it's literally pointless to try to heal your WF now that genuine twinks are possible. The damage scales too high and until Trion fixes it, you'll see fewer and fewer healers until it's just one big ugly quake deathmatch, gibs and all.
    And that is what every DPS wants according to the posts even for 50 PvP. No one wants heals until they aren't getting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    And that is what every DPS wants according to the posts even for 50 PvP. No one wants heals until they aren't getting them.
    Trust me, they aren't getting them. I leave every other WF I join simply because it's pointless. Today I was in a garden match were we had 2 cleric healers and a bard on our side, defiants were all swords. It took 16 seconds for them to wipe 8 players. I know this because I watch my cool downs very closely. The only way to protest such an absurd blowout was to not queue, and instead I spent the next hour making about 50p searching for artifacts and selling them on the AH and god damn it was boring but at least it wasn't as bad as being steamrolled over and over.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    It's much nicer to play a game with those types of players than ones that demand the devs make everything easy so they won't have to put effort into it.
    You mean easy like a twink being able to faceroll a non-twink, as opposed to more difficult PvP with a more level playing field, where skill plays a greater role and gear less.

Even Blizzard caught on that sticking twinks in with new players / everyone else was exceptionally dumb, I'm sure Trion will catch on eventually or perhaps they realize what is going to happen when GW2 comes out and are going to market themselves as the anti-GW2 game - "Do you dislike competitve PvP? Do you prefer to be up against players new to the game that haven't PvPed before? Do you like your PvP to be about gear rather than the players, then the answer is Rift!"
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    "Do you like your PvP to be about gear rather than the players, then the answer is Rift!"
    yea welcome to pvp in mmo's, you must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiershar View Post
    The only difference between a twink and a level 50 rank 40, is that the twink took 1 week to make and is accessible to ANYONE willing to put the effort. To level 50 disparaging the people twinking : How many /played days did it take for you to start not getting rolled in pvp? That is all.
    1 week to create? For a hardcore player maybe. To purchase the best gear you need to do a lot of PvE, the reality is that unless you lock your XP most players (if not all) will have leveled out of that "tier" long before ever getting all the gear - the XP lock now allows players to gear up beyond that what was originally intended - that's the problem.

As for level 50, it's not the same thing as you all claim - at level 50 it is intended to have a large difference, this is to give all players something to "play for". Maybe the difference is currently to large!? Maybe the goal should be something other than "better gear", if so what??

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Munyul View Post
    1 week to create? For a hardcore player maybe. To purchase the best gear you need to do a lot of PvE, the reality is that unless you lock your XP most players (if not all) will have leveled out of that "tier" long before ever getting all the gear - the XP lock now allows players to gear up beyond that what was originally intended - that's the problem.
    You don't have to do a lot of PvE to get the best gear. I've said that numerous times. It's the truth, stop arguing it. A few zone events and maybe a dungeon run or two is about all most players need to put themselves on a competetive footing in warfronts. If that's too much for you, I'd hate to see how you respond to endgame grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    You don't have to do a lot of PvE to get the best gear. I've said that numerous times. It's the truth, stop arguing it. A few zone events and maybe a dungeon run or two is about all most players need to put themselves on a competetive footing in warfronts. If that's too much for you, I'd hate to see how you respond to endgame grinds.
    I'm a casual gamer and I have 4 characters (one level 50 and the other three are all < 30) Only one of the lower level characters has "good gear", and that is only because I transfered the currency my lvl50 character no longer needs down to that character.

For a casual gamer, it does take a lot of time, even more when the lower zones are not very active and there aren't enough players around to help with the zone events.

Luckily, there is enough PvE content that new players can ignore the warfronts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Munyul View Post
    I'm a casual gamer and I have 4 characters (one level 50 and the other three are all < 30) Only one of the lower level characters has "good gear", and that is only because I transfered the currency my lvl50 character no longer needs down to that character.

For a casual gamer, it does take a lot of time, even more when the lower zones are not very active and there aren't enough players around to help with the zone events.

Luckily, there is enough PvE content that new players can ignore the warfronts.
    With Rift Lite, there are zone events going on all the time in the lower level zones. Silverwood actually sees more zone events these days than Stillmoor/Shimmersands. Whether you're casual or hardcore has absolutely NO impact on how long it takes to do a zone event. NONE. And when you're talking about the lower level brackets, you're looking at as little as one zone event for the epic currency you need and whatever you have to do to come up with the planarite.

And with the retention of players converting to full subs, I also see events in the 20-27 zones on a very regular basis, as well as Scarlet Gorge/Scarwood Reach and even Moonshade Highlands which is typically one of the slower zones for events.

If you want to make excuses for why people can't get geared, make excuses. From launch people have complained that leveling in Rift is too fast and people are outleveling zones before they get a chance to do everything they want to do, so Trion adds the XP lock so people can slow down and progress at their own pace and the natural evolution from that is that people who DO choose to slow down wind up with better gear than the people who just level level level.

Boo freakin' hoo. Take the time to gear to be competitive or don't. Just don't whine if you're in too much of a rush to take advantage of the cheap and accessible upgrades in every zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    From launch people have complained that leveling in Rift is too fast and people are outleveling zones before they get a chance to do everything they want to do, so Trion adds the XP lock so people can slow down and progress at their own pace and the natural evolution from that is that people who DO choose to slow down wind up with better gear than the people who just level level level.

Boo freakin' hoo. Take the time to gear to be competitive or don't. Just don't whine if you're in too much of a rush to take advantage of the cheap and accessible upgrades in every zone.
    Licentia, I've been on the opposite side of debates with you but not this time. I absolutely agree with you with the above quoted. I do think there are some issues where toon have buffs or gear not somehow available to everyone in their current bracket and that issue needs some fixes, but that's more related to game bugs (insufficient design QA) than it is related to the "twinking" issue.

What I'm understanding from this topic is that people want to go into a bracketed warfront and be competitive without having to first take the time and make the efforts to become competitively geared. They can only become competitively geared by doing pve related things and avoiding doing warfronts until they have reached the x8 or x9 level, and by locking xp at appropriate times (which they didn't used to be able to do) so that they don't out level content before they can use that obtained gear to farm Favor they will need to be more competitive when they first turn 50. That's what I'm understanding the anti-twink crowd to be saying in this topic, nothing more.

Right now I have a L25 cleric that I had started after 1.7. My main gave it just 5p to start with, and that was it, and it transferred to be alone on another shard. I didn't lock xp while getting to level 10. During leveling from 10 to 19 it didn't go into its 1st warfront until it had obtained the best gear from pve that it could get (and it didn't buy a single item), locking xp as appropriate so it didn't out level pve things that gave gear rewards, and only at L19 did it go in its first warfront.

It got killed a lot by focus fire and a few even better geared players but it rocked the lower level players and was a "juggernaut" quite often. It made enough Favor before it unlocked xp and moved on to Gloamwood where it immediately used that favor to buy all the gear that was available for it from the pvp vendor there. This helped it, a lot, do the pve things in Gloamwood that I know from my other previous 5 toons (4 50's and one level 40) I would have had a lot more trouble doing otherwise. It's at L26 now, and won't be going back into warfronts until L29 (with locked xp) because it's doing pve things to get ready for it. That's how the game gets played since patch 1.7, and before then it used to enter warfronts and out level by getting to much xp to fast and before it could do other content (it otherwise would have gray quests or dungeons, for example, that give no feeling of "reward" for doing them).

You people against locked xp saying it creates twinks. Learn to use the system, it's to your great advantage and ANYONE can do it. You know that's true! Play the entire game, pve is essential to progressing in pvp (even after level 50). And you certainly don't want to turn 50 without having farmed Favor and entering your first L50 warfront as best geared as possible (remember, they removed the rank requirements on most L50 pvp items). Quit stamping your feet and having tantrums about how locking xp is unfair, because it is just the opposite. L2P and if n00bs get a surprise then explain how the system works so they DON'T leave the game discouraged, that's a responsibility for being in a good game community (help others at least by giving them useful information).

Forget x0 to x7 warfronts, they are only for people who reject or don't know how to use the new 1.7 system and those people are going to get 1 or 2 shot dead (constantly). You readers want to get to x8 or x9 level and be competitive? It doesn't take that long, but it should take some time and effort.

Or you can just "Boo freakin' hoo" for all the good it will do.

Rift Disciple

True competition can only be found in lower brackets. Best players, best balance and the gameplay for a three button character.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FSCKY View Post
    why bother arguing with posters like Rizaz,

In all honesty, go look at the Riftstalker nerf thread for more gems of logical discussion from him/them/other Voodoo players/these types of posters.

These are the types of posters who either never played a real pvp MMO, and if they did - never progressed passed scrub status.
    "never played a real pvp mmo" rofl. Says the riftstalkers and/or twink. FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. All you're doing is running away from kids. It's basically like boss rushing in port scion. You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

It's funny when I'm arguing for more fairness and competition in pvp, then people who abuse the blatantly broken spec come in saying I'm the scrub. Keep pretending that your running or twinking abilities mean you're "good."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    As I said pot calling the kettle black if my posts aren't up to your par stop responding to them.
    Perhaps because forum posting is like twinking, and the only fun to be derived is from beating up on those who lack the skills, knowledge and intellect to formulate a rational thought?

That or because I believe there should be a voice for both sides of an argument, and someone needs to point out the biggotry that's rampant in these twink related threads.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. ... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.
    lolwut? /10

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast