+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changes to make PvP more fun

Plane Walker

Default Changes to make PvP more fun

1. Player made cities in contested that a guild controls. All city's should give resource mat bonuses to guild. All city's are able to be sieged so attacking forces can capture or burn. Another idea would be to add resource area's with window of opportunity to capture resource mine each and everyday. The guild that captures mine gets resource mat placed in bank at a rate of 'x' amount per hour.

2. When a player is killed allow items from their inventory and their gold to drop on their grave so other players can loot them in contested zones. It makes more risk, but also more reward. It doesn't have to be equipped items, but at the very least their gold and items that they just farmed. This would promote more pvp in a fun fashion.

Thats all for now!
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 02-25-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    1. Player made cities in contested that a guild controls. All city's should give resource mat bonuses to guild. All city's are able to be sieged so attacking forces can capture or burn. Another idea would be to add resource area's with window of opportunity to capture resource mine each and everyday. The guild that captures mine gets resource mat placed in bank at a rate of 'x' amount per hour.

2. When a player is killed allow items from their inventory and their gold to drop on their grave so other players can loot them in contested zones. It makes more risk, but also more reward. It doesn't have to be equipped items, but at the very least their gold and items that they just farmed. This would promote more pvp in a fun fashion.

Thats all for now!
    Love the idea of guild citys, or atleast something to fight over.

I don't think player looting would do very well in this game however, for that to really work you need a way to escape a big group going around zerging solos or a way to hide to avoid them, only rogues can do that right now so that would only cause griefing.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Thats all for now!
    Perhaps a game such as darkfall will be more to your liking?

Changes to make pvp more fun - unsub

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Changes to make pvp more fun - unsub
    Why would you unsub if they made it more fun? ..

Or do you mean others would because their pixels are to important to lose?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Love the idea of guild citys, or atleast something to fight over.

I don't think player looting would do very well in this game however, for that to really work you need a way to escape a big group going around zerging solos or a way to hide to avoid them, only rogues can do that right now so that would only cause griefing.
    I think if they fixed classes so they all had a point, instead of dumbing it down to support, healer , dps.. It would be much better off.

Thats the point, if people want to farm alone, they pose the risk of losing it all.. I think we would se more groups farming, opposed to just mostly solos.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Perhaps a game such as darkfall will be more to your liking?
    Waiting on 2.0 baby.

Waiting on 2.0 baby.
    Wait, there's already a darkfall 2.0 coming out? Or am I just confused?

Plane Walker

Yes.. with many many many changed.. Almost how rift just patches with small updates, this one with DF is a super biggie.

Waiting on 2.0 baby.
    Vaporware

There is, they've been "working" on it for the last 2 or 3 years, still no actual eta for it but best guess for it to launch is late this year.
    Last edited by Robes; 02-25-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

This sounds cool. The only concern I have would be faction imbalances. Losing your city and resources and never getting them back because your grossly outnumbered = no fun.

If they can do this in a ay that people don't get screwed by faction imbalances, I'm all for it.

You will never get this to fly in this day and age. It might have worked if they did this from the beginning, but they might also have had a much much smaller player base than they do now.

Most people don't want to deal with that type of risk in a video game.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    This sounds cool. The only concern I have would be faction imbalances. Losing your city and resources and never getting them back because your grossly outnumbered = no fun.

If they can do this in a ay that people don't get screwed by faction imbalances, I'm all for it.

You will never get this to fly in this day and age. It might have worked if they did this from the beginning, but they might also have had a much much smaller player base than they do now.

Most people don't want to deal with that type of risk in a video game.

I don't see why not. Plenty of games do it, including UO, which has been around for 13 years. It offers a reward for PVP, its more fun. If people do not like losing their stuff, they should learn to pvp or pve in groups, whatever. It still is a very fun element missing.

To many people are afraid to lose items.. as you said, its just a game and that stuff you lose is just pixels.

Telaran

Go play EVE online. It's what you're looking for. Guilds build giant countries and defend them with turrets and upgrades. You get in large raids and go blow up your enemy's stuff, and replace it with your own stuff to defend. Or, if you don't feel like a siege, you fly around and look for other groups to fight. There's only one server, and when you die you lose all the gear you were carrying. Some of it is lootable, and some is just destroyed.

All items are crafted, so being a crafter actually matters. A side effect is that there are no "rare drop" items to lose. If you lose something you want, just go buy another one. It doesn't mean it won't be expensive, but it'll be available.

Every item and role has a purpose in PvP, from the newest newbie to the oldest vet.

There are places where PvP is more restricted, in case you want something a little more easy-going for a while. There is no place where PvP doesn't exist, however.

Oh, and it's all in space ships with guns/lasers.

I don't see why not. Plenty of games do it, including UO, which has been around for 13 years. It offers a reward for PVP, its more fun.

If people do not like losing their stuff, they should learn to pvp or pve in groups, whatever. It still is a very fun element missing.

To many people are afraid to lose items.. as you said, its just a game and that stuff you lose is just pixels.
    And how many subscribers does UO have?

You said it yourself, too many people are afraid to lose items.

To many people those items are not just pixels, they're time investments. Sure, they have no real value and they don't actually exist, but it's still "Their stuff". People don't like having their stuff taken away.

The vast majority of MMO'ers nowadays are lone wolves. They log on, do some stuff, have a little fun and log off. They're not interested in forming expeditions every time they want to leave a protected zone. Sure, all that might be fun for you, but it's an unnecessary chore for most people.

They don't need to learn anything. They already have exactly what they want.

Oh, and we already get rewards for PvP...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post
    Go play EVE online. It's what you're looking for. Guilds build giant countries and defend them with turrets and upgrades. You get in large raids and go blow up your enemy's stuff, and replace it with your own stuff to defend. Or, if you don't feel like a siege, you fly around and look for other groups to fight. There's only one server, and when you die you lose all the gear you were carrying. Some of it is lootable, and some is just destroyed.

All items are crafted, so being a crafter actually matters. A side effect is that there are no "rare drop" items to lose. If you lose something you want, just go buy another one. It doesn't mean it won't be expensive, but it'll be available.

Every item and role has a purpose in PvP, from the newest newbie to the oldest vet.

There are places where PvP is more restricted, in case you want something a little more easy-going for a while. There is no place where PvP doesn't exist, however.

Oh, and it's all in space ships with guns/lasers.
    EVE is also a pay-to-win game, even if CCP does a good job of hiding it. While CCP won't hesitate to tell you that they have ~200k active subscriptions, what they aren't so quick to tell you is how many of those subscriptions are alt accounts. When I played, I had two accounts. I knew people that had 5 or more accounts, because it just wasn't possible to do everything they wanted to do with one. They'd have one account with, for example, mining alts. They'd have another account with a PI alt. They'd have an account with a logistics alt, an account for an arbitrage/market alt, and their main account. Plus plus plus. If you stripped out all of the alt accounts, the game would probably have between 50-80k total subs. There's an extremely small market for that kind of hardcore gaming experience. AoC fairly recently added a hardcore rules server with corpse looting and all that other stuff. AoC hasn't exactly been heralded as a strong success in any category (which wouldn't be the case if there was an award for, "Game with the most oversized naked bewbs."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast