+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things that should not be do-able in WF's/the game

Default Things that should not be do-able in WF's/the game

This is sort of PvP related as these are all things I have encountered for quite a while that I think you shouldn't be able to do. I thought about performing all them then posting a video, but realized maybe that's not the best route. But the Rift people do read this stuff >.> And maybe other people will tell me I am wrong, that always makes for fun threads when we can disagree.

Also, you do not use ports/player assistance to do any of these things.

- Being able to get up the cliff in Black Garden on both sides. What is the point of a cliff if you can just get up it anyway? Maybe it should be altered?

- The walls in Port Scion that happen if you try to take the short route between the Church and your Boss. I remember they actually patched them to make them steeper. Only problem is, you can still jump them just fine with a stone. If they didn't want that to be a route to take stones *back* they should accomplish that when they show they made an effort to attempt to.

- Being able to run into opposite faction cities without City Guard aggro (ie. they don't aggro you, not you avoiding aggro ranging).

- Being able to get to the enemy spawn in Library. There is no reset point. You can literally sit on top of the enemy spawn circle.

- Defiants easily being able to get up to the Guardian bridge in Codex and run the entire span of it and then some without any reset point. It's clear you guys made 2 routes out in Codex. Also getting up to the bridge you have to pretty much brush aside a reset line on the end of the bridge. It's pretty clear you guys did not want people getting up there. I have never seen guardians camp the Defiant bridge. Though I also have not had time as a Guard to see if I can get up on the Defiant bridge successfully. Not sure about it.

- Oh you can also pick up the BG fang with Cleanse Soul immunity up, get hit/be immune and not be interrupted. Of course that doesn't matter anymore now that it is 1s and impossible luck aside, you can't pick it up in 1s. Suppose you could still get ridiculously lucky and block that fireball that was going to mess you up, but it used to be pretty funny to pick up fangs in the middle of a group of mages.

Have fun pvp'ers.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

So in other words...

Please trion make this game easier because it's just not easy enough already?

I think you miss the point or I didn't make it clearly. The game is easier because you can do all of the following things I listed above. I am asking if people think those are legit things people should be able to do. I think things like walking past city guards with no aggro and camping on top of spawn points in WF's is a bit in the grey area. No need to ask to enable the above I'm thinking disable.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-26-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    - Defiants easily being able to get up to the Guardian bridge in Codex and run the entire span of it and then some without any reset point. It's clear you guys made 2 routes out in Codex. Also getting up to the bridge you have to pretty much brush aside a reset line on the end of the bridge. It's pretty clear you guys did not want people getting up there. I have never seen guardians camp the Defiant bridge. Though I also have not had time as a Guard to see if I can get up on the Defiant bridge successfully. Not sure about it.
    wow, i have to respect your fairness with this one since you're defiant

the spawn portal in library is kinda lame but at least you can look down there before porting to see if it's being dominated by the opp team

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post

the spawn portal in library is kinda lame but at least you can look down there before porting to see if it's being dominated by the opp team
    I mean on the top ledge on the map. Where you actually *spawn*.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I mean on the top ledge on the map. Where you actually *spawn*.
    o, never seen that happen

Rift Disciple

- Being able to get up the cliff in Black Garden on both sides. What is the point of a cliff if you can just get up it anyway? Maybe it should be altered?

- Being able to get to the enemy spawn in Library. There is no reset point. You can literally sit on top of the enemy spawn circle.

- Oh you can also pick up the BG fang with Cleanse Soul immunity up, get hit/be immune and not be interrupted. Of course that doesn't matter anymore now that it is 1s and impossible luck aside, you can't pick it up in 1s. Suppose you could still get ridiculously lucky and block that fireball that was going to mess you up, but it used to be pretty funny to pick up fangs in the middle of a group of mages.

Have fun pvp'ers.
    Thanks i didn't know you can pick up the fang with cleanse soul on, you do know it been nerfed for 1 sec. may be they are picking it up while you are casting a spell which has cast time

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Thanks i didn't know you can pick up the fang with cleanse soul on, you do know it been nerfed for 1 sec. may be they are picking it up while you are casting a spell which has cast time
    I am a rogue. I mean when it was 5s I used to be able to pick fangs up while I got blasted on by mages. In reality it was rare cause all it took was physical dps to interrupt me. But on a few occasions it was loaded with mages/clerics and I could pick up a fang while I got spammed with immune messages I'm just saying I bet if you got hit with a fire ball during that 1s it's up, it wouldn't interrupt you. But as I said, who cares now, who can perfect that to a science, let alone get the circumstance. Just was bored on that point >.>
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread