+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: i know TWINKS lock their xp but.......

Plane Touched

Default i know TWINKS lock their xp but.......

.....Is their FAVOR also locked in wf's?

Ascendant

Nope. Favor gain continues as normal when xp is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrnitty View Post
    nope, my 29 twink is ready to wear all the max (ex rank 8) pvp gear for when she dings 50. She's been buying pieces. It's fun!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrnitty View Post
    this is fair
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

Actually, maxing out favor as a twink is the best incentive to level the twink up to another bracket at the least.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    Actually, maxing out favor as a twink is the best incentive to level the twink up to another bracket at the least.
    Or you can just buy a piece of level 50 gear and keep on right where you are.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xioden View Post
    Or you can just buy a piece of level 50 gear and keep on right where you are.
    Yup. My warrior has earned just over 187k favor. I have 7 of 10 pieces for the first tier of level 50 PvP gear in the bank, 31k favor on hand (waiting until I get the 500 or so Notoriety I need with The Eye to get the PvP sigil before I buy any more armor/accessories) and then once I've got the first tier armor bought, I'll start trading it up for tier 2 as favor gain allows. I highly doubt I'll wind up with the tier 3 set because favor gain even in the 40-49 bracket is just too slow for that.

it's funny to see a newer game make wow's old mistakes

Actully that's a pretty big oversight IMO, if they are going to support Twinking and make all of blizzards mistakes then at least make it so when XP is locked no favor can be gained.

I'd love to see twinks faces when that happens .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    at least make it so when XP is locked no favor can be gained.
    The only type of twink this would motivate to move on are the ones who are holding back purely so that they can stack favor for post-50 gear. The bully twinks (the ones who truly want to prey on "weaker" players) certainly wouldn't care because they feed off of QQ not favor, and if anything they would take out their frustration at a lack of favor on, you guessed it, weaker players.

The third type of twink that I can think of - the ones who stick around at a bracket just because they find that level of PvP more enjoyable - would not be motivated to move on either, considering that their motivation has little to do with reward gains.

So no, favor lock would only exacerbate the issue. You have to consider, too, that the majority of good pre-50 gear is acquired through PvE, so there's no stopping twinks in that regard with a lock on favor.

Okay so favor should be locked if you lock XP. Favor is a currency. Currency helps you progress your toon.

I say if you are locked on XP you cannot gain coin, planrite, all forms of world currency, sourcestone currency and even lucky horse shoes.

Do you just want to specifically nail a pvp'ers vested interest in currency gaining while xp locked, or do you actually believe in the ideals you are stating and putting force, like, locking the ability to gain X currency when XP locked?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    So no, favor lock would only exacerbate the issue. You have to consider, too, that the majority of good pre-50 gear is acquired through PvE, so there's no stopping twinks in that regard with a lock on favor.
    Not only that, but most people who lock xp at the top of a bracket also leveled to the top of that bracket in warfronts, to they'd have the favor for any PvP gear associated with that bracket anyway.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    it's funny to see a newer game make wow's old mistakes
    no kidding.. you'd have thought that Trion had enough dev's who had played wow to have learned from their mistakes, but I guess not... oh well.. you can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    The only type of twink this would motivate to move on are the ones who are holding back purely so that they can stack favor for post-50 gear. The bully twinks (the ones who truly want to prey on "weaker" players) certainly wouldn't care because they feed off of QQ not favor, and if anything they would take out their frustration at a lack of favor on, you guessed it, weaker players.

The third type of twink that I can think of - the ones who stick around at a bracket just because they find that level of PvP more enjoyable - would not be motivated to move on either, considering that their motivation has little to do with reward gains.

Not to mention that, if they're twinks, they don't need favor. They already have the gear, otherwise they wouldn't be twinks, right?

As has been pointed out, they probably already earned whatever favor they needed / wanted while they leveled to top end of whatever bracket they chose to twink at.

All favor locking would do, as Ajax here said, is hinder the people who might stop in a specific bracket for a little extra favor / fun / whatever on their way to 50.

LOL
    You people don't understand how good xp locking is for PvP! I've said this about that. It's not in the player or in Trion's interest to eliminate locks on xp. You just have to understand how this all actually benefits instead of penalizes you. If you snooze then you'll lose!
    Last edited by Taptap; 02-25-2012 at 04:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast