+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matchmaking needs more work

Default Matchmaking needs more work

I stated in some post a while back that I believe Trion intends to improve matchmaking. Well the sooner the better. Not only are lowbies, like my rank 2 mage, going into mixed warfronts with R40s but also being pitted against premades. I can deal with vs R40s but not premades.

No doubt someone will talk about how premades never happen yada yada. ****. We know them by name.
    I pug 100% of the time, so I don't know how often actual premade vs premade fights take place. But I can say the number I face pugging INCREASED after the mercenary system was introduced.

The very least you could do Trion is pit R40s pugs against R40 premades if you still believe that premade should be fighting pugs at all.

Ranked 1-20 matches half filled with R40s. That makes sense. Rage, yes. Unsubbed, yes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Ranked 1-20 matches half filled with R40s. That makes sense. Rage, yes. Unsubbed, yes.
    I'll admit I'm new so I'm unfamiliar with some of the methods of how we do certain things... but how did you know they were R40?

Telaran

He's assuming they are R40. Probably because they removed the Prestige requirement from all armor, so now you can wear top tier armor at any rank. Or, maybe they messed up and there really are R40 people in his WF. Only Trion knows.

On a related note, did you know that most of the buttons on lamp posts that make the light change (so you can cross the street) actually do nothing at all. They're there to make you feel better by giving the illusion of control and predictability.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/02/10/placebo-buttons/

Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post

On a related note, did you know that most of the buttons on lamp posts that make the light change (so you can cross the street) actually do nothing at all. They're there to make you feel better by giving the illusion of control and predictability.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/02/10/placebo-buttons/
    I do know this but I still find myself resisting pushing it because what if this one isn't fake?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeleo View Post
    I'll admit I'm new so I'm unfamiliar with some of the methods of how we do certain things... but how did you know they were R40?
    Gear, weapons, health are a few indicators not to mention knowing others players by name and knowing their rank.

Trion has sacrificed too much for fast queues. Apparently, a new match will not start until existing ones are completely full no matter who gets thrown into the mix. Solution is for Trion to decide it's okay to have games running with fewer than max players.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post

Why? cuz you get ripped a new hole.. Have thicker skin or stick to the safezones and not the war zones.

Ascendant

As I understand it, the matchmaking system does not and never claimed to guarantee you wouldn't be put into matches with people from other brackets. It TRIES to, and if there aren't enough people to fill a matched game, it fills in with whoever is available. The alternative, if the system were to force matched ranks, would be increased queue times. The system can only work with the people in the queue and if there aren't enough people in the queue to have fully matched warfronts, there's nothing Trion can do about that other than not run the matches at all.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Why? cuz you get ripped a new hole.. Have thicker skin or stick to the safezones and not the war zones.
    Or perhaps he just wants decent fun PvP...

+ Reply to Thread