+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting 1-shotted in pvp?

Default Getting 1-shotted in pvp?

I just recently resubbed to Rift (about 3 weeks ago) and I keep finding myself getting 1-shotted in pvp. Some fights there is no competition and I can burn through someone, but for the most part, I just get annihilated by all classes of all different specs.

The odd part is, its not exactly a competition in the least bit; rather, I stealth the individual, get about 3 hits off, then he/she turns around and has me dead in 2 hits. It's not just me either; my friend was riding on his mount and encountered an enemy also riding a mount. The player killed my friend with 2 attacks (the first hitting for 4,800 dmg and the second hitting for roughly 2,800 dmg) before his feet ever hit the ground.

So my question is, is this just a matter of extreme gear difference, or are we doing something seriously wrong? We don't have the best gear, but for the most part we're full starter-crafter purple with some of the higher 0/4 set items.

Any help is welcomed on this, and please, no trolls. I just want a straight up, honest answer about this. Thanks in advance.
    (▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀۝Ξ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) CHECK OUT MAH LIGHTSABAH!

if player level = 50
    then get valor gear

Banned

You need Valor. At least 1k

4.8 followed up 2.8 sounds like not much valor? Rather vague information tbh to draw a conclusion to say why you were hit so hard - whether it be lack of gear or going up against a certain spec.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    4.8 followed up 2.8 sounds like not much valor? Rather vague information tbh to draw a conclusion to say why you were hit so hard - whether it be lack of gear or going up against a certain spec.
    Alright well at least it sounds like Valor may be the most common cause.

If it helps any, i'm running 51 Assassin 15 BladeDancer and 0 Saboteur. As aforementioned, I have mainly beginning crafted purple items (a few pvp pieces) with some higher up crafted gear (Deathbringer).

I'm just not sure how I take sooo much damage unless Valor really makes that much of a difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yewcantcme View Post

If it helps any, i'm running 51 Assassin 15 BladeDancer and 0 Saboteur. As aforementioned, I have mainly beginning crafted purple items (a few pvp pieces) with some higher up crafted gear (Deathbringer).

I'm just not sure how I take sooo much damage unless Valor really makes that much of a difference.
    Valor makes that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Yewcantcme View Post

Valor makes a VERY large difference. Your spec is fine, your problem is you're wearing pve gear to pvp, which does make you hit slightly harder, but you're going to be taking a ton of damage and have a lot less health.

1000 valor (which is easy to get) is equal to 40% reduction to player damage, that may not sound like much, but it does make a huge difference
    Last edited by Robes; 02-24-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

You need PvP gear. The valor is huge and PvP gear has a LOT more endurance than PvE gear. PvE weapons are fine, the hit on them will help you hit all the tanky dodging warriors and rogues running around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Mmm, what *is* your valor? You have not mentioned that yet.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Mmm, what *is* your valor? You have not mentioned that yet.
    He doesnt have enough he stated he is in crafted gear.
    Last edited by Scionette; 02-24-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Rift Chaser

first of all, You Would get 1shotted even if you are in normal pve gear unless... Read below. lol. ! Read the Combatlog ....

Yes, Valor do Count and helps reduce the damage intake. But, If the other party is well geared and with all buffs with You having Magical debuff and you having only 3-4K Max Health , a Mage can 1 shot you with Felminate or Cinderburst.

When you starting out for pvp, you will get killed easily. but once you get more n more valor gears, you will improve your survivability. But still, its all Dependent .... lol.
    Last edited by polarshift; 02-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    first of all, You Would get 1shotted even if you are in normal pve gear unless... Read below. lol. ! Read the Combatlog ....

Yes, Valor do Count and helps reduce the damage intake. But, If the other party is well geared and with all buffs with You having Magical debuff and you having only 3-4K Max Health , a Mage can 1 shot you with Felminate or Cinderburst.

When you starting out for pvp, you will get killed easily. but once you get more n more valor gears, you will improve your survivability. But still, its all Dependent .... lol.
    4k max health? Pretty sure even wearing full pve gear you're going to have more than that. Take your lolidiedtoamage qq elsewhere.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Walker

We see a fair few of these threads - I think Trion need to make it clearer in game that Valor is VERY important for PvP.
    Like a warning the first time going into a lvl 50 wf "Your valor is very low, we suggest obtaining as much as possible as soon as you can as it will dramatically lower the damage you receive from other players"

I currently have 52.6% dmg reduction and I'm not using PvP weapons yet.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Alright, I just finished reading over all of the replies. Thank you guys so much for clarifying this, and thanks for actually giving me a straight up answer. I'm not sure, but it seems like the players in-game are all 12. If I ask a question there I get "your mom" or "my butt" lol.

Well, I will start stacking valor then I suppose. And to the player asking how much valor I have, I already mentioned I only have about two pieces of the beginning pvp gear, with the rest being full pve.

Thanks to all!

Are you getting 1 shot with full HP? Because i seen people complain about being "one shot" at half hp or someone being "one shot" because they got focus fired by 5 people.

Just to clear something up, for you to get "one shot" you would have to had a spell/skill casted that totals your total HP or more.

Sorry some people just get confused at the term. Thought i clear it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast