+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP auto flag bug?

Default PvP auto flag bug?

Three times in one hour I have been killed by Red (flagged Guardians) in Stillmoor and IronPine Peak (once while next to a porticulum). I wasn't flagged, My auto-flag is turned off, I wasn't taking any hostile action, nor did I heal anyone who was flagged. I purposely didn't join Public Groups so I wouldn't auto flag, nor did I use AoE's, just single target. I'm also on a PvE server.

All this has been done while trying to farm pinata's.

I was under the impression that unless I take action opposite to what I have mentioned above, then I make myself a target. If I want to PvP, I'll join a WF, but being repeatedly ganked by Guardians while minding my own business is quite annoying.

So I figure this must be some type of bug.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".--Groucho Marx
    "I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30."--Groucho Marx

Ascendant

I had an issue yesterday in EI with my warrior where I had auto-flagging disabled and during a zone event I somehow wound up flagged. I'm not sure how it happened but it definitely was an isolated situation which leads me to the assumption that it's a bug of some sort.

I will also add that the PvP icon (showing I'm flagged for PvP) isn't on my buffs bar, like it would normally be if I was flagged.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".--Groucho Marx
    "I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30."--Groucho Marx

To add also that after being rezzed by the NPC (which is supposed to remove the PvP flag) and getting my soul mended by the NPC healer, Guardians immediately show up as red and are able to kill me again, before I can get any buffs up.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadb View Post
    To add also that after being rezzed by the NPC (which is supposed to remove the PvP flag) and getting my soul mended by the NPC healer, Guardians immediately show up as red and are able to kill me again, before I can get any buffs up.
    As far as I know, and I could be mistaken, but being rezzed at the NPC does not disable PvP flagging. Once you're flagged, there's a 5 minute cooldown that you have to go through before you can be unflagged, and any PvP activity that takes place (like being attacked by other players) will reset that cooldown. Also, and again I could be mistaken because I flag for PvP rifts but haven't seen it, there's no icon in your buff bar that says you're flagged. There's an icon that appears next to your character's portrait, but not on your buff bar.

If you're still having issues, I would go in and set PvP to "Always On" and then immediately set it back to Default, wait out the 5 mins in a safe place and see if that solves it.

I could be mistaken but normally when you're flagged there a fist icon on your buff bar and when you leave PvP combat you get the icon with a 5 minute timer.

So just for fun I logged onto my Guardian Mage and played for 45 minutes then logged back to my Defiant Cleric and went for a Pinata. No sooner did I get to the Pinata than I saw a flagged (red) Guardian who immediately attacked me and killed me before I could take any action (I'm in raid gear, so no valor or vengeance). Thankfully he was killed by the other Defiants around the Pinata.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadb View Post
    I could be mistaken but normally when you're flagged there a fist icon on your buff bar and when you leave PvP combat you get the icon with a 5 minute timer.
    The fist icon is the one you get with the 5 minute timer to show that you're in the process of being unflagged. When you're actually flagged and not transitioning to unflagged, there is no buff icon.

So just for fun I logged onto my Guardian Mage and played for 45 minutes then logged back to my Defiant Cleric and went for a Pinata. No sooner did I get to the Pinata than I saw a flagged (red) Guardian who immediately attacked me and killed me before I could take any action (I'm in raid gear, so no valor or vengeance). Thankfully he was killed by the other Defiants around the Pinata.
    Check for a faction icon on your portrait. Something tells me that your PvP flag is set to "Always On."

No faction icon. Tried your advice concerning flagging and unflagging. I do not know if it worked because no one attacked me as I was in an Instant Adventure group.

Thanks very much for all your kind advice.

The auto-flag thing is definitely broken in ways that can cause you to get auto-flagged when you have auto-flag off. There have been exploits in the past that allowed damaging or killing unflagged people, dunno whether there are any now.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread