+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Swordplay

Thread: [Video] Habitat - Post 1.7 PVP video .... ... the follow up video

Default [Video] Habitat - Post 1.7 PVP video .... ... the follow up video

About a month ago, the day before 1.7 went live in fact. I released a video demonstrating PVP as a mage specced 51 Pyro, 15 Archmage, 0 Archeron. Now that the dust has settled a bit with 1.7 and the tweaks have been made I decided to make the follow up to compare the Pyromancer class before/after.

In this video I am specced 51 Pyro, 10 Dom, and 5 Archeron, this is the one of the closest specs I could think of for comparison. I was lucky enough to get footage of a similar game in the "Black Garden" to compare results.

Overall DPS is about the same maybe a little less after 1.7. The main difference is burst is noticeably lower. My Cinder Burst and Fulminate do fall short of what they used to crit for. Overall PVP has gained survive-ability across the board and is still fun.

Enjoy in HD ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2Izkuw2sw
    Last edited by Habitat; 02-24-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Habitat - Mage - Guardian - Faeblight

sorri stoped watching after seeing you cast pillagin stone and get someone down just shows how bad other team is
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
    About a month ago, the day before 1.7 went live in fact. I released a video demonstrating PVP as a mage specced 51 Pyro, 15 Archmage, 0 Archeron. Now that the dust has settled a bit with 1.7 and the tweaks have been made I decided to make the follow up to compare the Pyromancer class before/after.

In this video I am specced 51 Pyro, 10 Dom, and 5 Archeron, this is the one of the closest specs I could think of for comparison. I was lucky enough to get footage of a similar game in the "Black Garden" to compare results.

Overall DPS is about the same maybe a little less after 1.7. The main difference is burst is noticeably lower. My Cinder Burst and Fulminate do fall short of what they used to crit for. Overall PVP has gained survive-ability across the board and is still fun.

Enjoy in HD ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2Izkuw2sw

Nice. You are one of the mages who gives me a headache Hab at times, fun times though. Wish you were flagged more in open world though, would love to stabby stabby you some more heh.
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 02-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Urg.. can't stand watching videos where your are on the team that is farming. Plus .. you were ignored the whole time.... doesn't really show any skill. No offensive but i would have posted a match where it was more of an equal battle where you got attacked...... xD

Default you missed the point

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Urg.. can't stand watching videos where your are on the team that is farming. Plus .. you were ignored the whole time.... doesn't really show any skill. No offensive but i would have posted a match where it was more of an equal battle where you got attacked...... xD
    I think you missed the point, and I agree that this was not a great match of skill. Rather,this was a video comparing damage pre 1.7 and post 1.7. That is why I chose this video, and if you watch my previous video you will see almost the identical fight where I was left alone to DPS. If I was being harassed the entire fight how could you compare DPS if I was not doing any ? So, in response to a few on this thread, I will compile a video of an evenly matched Warfront where I actually have to work for it.

I don't consider myself to have "elitist" type skills, but in the same regards I do feel I have enough skill to have fun in a warfront and maybe knock a few people around.

so you run from any other mage that targets you, lmao, thx for that i needed a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    so you run from any other mage that targets you, lmao, thx for that i needed a laugh
    you're welcome.... thanks for the bump

Quote Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
    you're welcome.... thanks for the bump
    you kill me with your kindness

+ Reply to Thread