+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nerf mages

Ascendant

Default Nerf mages

Mages need about a 25% damage reduction in PvP. Also split personalities needs a 10 min CD and last half as long. Squirrel should only be cast once every 30 seconds. Also, they need their armor reduced by about 20%. It's hard to "penetrate" it.

Do these things, and PvP should finally be balanced.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Mages need about a 25% damage reduction in PvP. Also split personalities needs a 10 min CD and last half as long. Squirrel should only be cast once every 30 seconds. Also, they need their armor reduced by about 20%. It's hard to "penetrate" it.

*yawn*

I think i've seen this rubbish before somewhere......

Rift Master

REALLY??? Iam so chocked anyone going for a nerf bat for mages that i really don't have anyting more to say then.

You are so wrong about your claims, why don't u roll a mage and play and u really see how it's like.

I play a mage, and I agree with you on split personalities & squirrel. Damage reduction 25% seems a bit harsh but needs a serious adjustment.

I also agree instant mage skills are the core reason why Rift PvP is so bad. If I can CC-DPS-CC-DPS-CC-DPS & kill a melee or healer who spent months of grinding to reach R8 with my crafted-geared newbie mage, it's just wrong in every way.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Ascendant

LOL. I figured most would see I was kidding. If anything mages need a buff in certain areas.

Plane Walker

Nice troll bro.

Rift Disciple

Man when i play rogue i can 1vs3 split personality's mages w/o even using all my cds.( and im not that good on rogue )
    Just still bad, you are fun how you are.
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 02-24-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    Man when i play rogue i can 1vs3 split personality's mages w/o even using all my cds.( and im not that good on rogue )
    Just still bad, you are fun how you are.
    You couldn't take on this split personality mage

LOL. I figured most would see I was kidding. If anything mages need a buff in certain areas.
    Wait.. You want me buffed? =D

A.K.A Giggle

Thought you were serious until I saw you were a cleric.
    Mages do need a buff.

I love this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    I play a mage, and I agree with you on split personalities & squirrel. Damage reduction 25% seems a bit harsh but needs a serious adjustment.

I also agree instant mage skills are the core reason why Rift PvP is so bad. If I can CC-DPS-CC-DPS-CC-DPS & kill a melee or healer who spent months of grinding to reach R8 with my crafted-geared newbie mage, it's just wrong in every way.
    This one? Not at all.

Rift Chaser

Squirrel needs to be looked at it is nearly spamcandy.Otherwise I think they are fine. Clerics need a small healing nerf as well. Warriors need to be buffed and rogues are fine.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Thought you were serious until I saw you were a cleric.
    Mages do need a buff.
    My archon would love a buff.

Lower mages dmg-whatttttt---- multiple personality-squirrel---whaaaa--!!?!?!!?!111?!

*cough cough*

I mean, Nerf Viod bolt.

Ugh, another..."The grass is greener on the other side, please burn their lawn!" post. If you're having issues against a mage using squirrels and splits you're most likely undergeared or in the wrong build (or both). If you are geared and in the right build then I'm sorry to inform you, that mage is a better player than you.

Perhaps from now on, when people come whining for a nerf to some build they should list:
    1) gear
    2) valor
    3) build
    3.5) rank (i don't consider this as important as some people forgo the pvp gear for 4hk)

This way, we can laugh at you if you're a BM warrior trying to take down a pyro/dom (or something like that) and direct you to warrior forums to ask for some much needed advice on wtf you're doing wrong.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast