Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Arena and why Rift should provide Arena

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Arena and why Rift should provide Arena

Warning:Before you post, be civil/respectful to each other.

Why should Rift provide arena?

*Competitive organized PvP in a team setting.

*Competitive PvP will allow an engaging experience for all players who seek to PvP in a competitive manner.

*Arena PvP will trigger class balance and fine tuning to adjust PvP into a skill base favored system.

*In the process of class balancing, this should make the current Warfronts more enjoyable for everyone.

Arena needs rewards correct? How to make fair rewards? How can we make arena enjoyable for the entire player base that would like to participate in arena?

*Arena needs a rated and matched system for the real competitive players.

*The rewards for rated and matched arena needs to be valued to the players who participate. Such idea's are favor and prestige for the victor. Highest ranked team is rewarded with a title unique to their team for the season. (Much like WoW arena Gladiator titles.)

*The arena could be set to a duration of a season or be an indefinite duration. If an indefinite duration is used, people will continue to fight for rank one title. If season based, the top team at the end of the season will be awarded a title and possibly a mount to show your feats.

*In order to provide the enjoyable experience for the less competitive players, provide a non rated arena that will provide rewards such as favor, and prestige. (This can be rewarded to only the victor or in greater value to the victor.)

*We all know that the non rated arena will experience highly geared players attempting to farm less geared and or less skilled players. In order to prevent this, provide a bolster of greater value depending on their rank if a low/high is matched together.

These are idea's of mine that I would enjoy to see. Other such idea's that have crossed my mind is to provide cosmetic items' unique to arena in non rated and rated.

Wow, i was just thinking that it was about time for another arena thread and here one pops up.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    I think we should just flood the entire forum with arena threads. No sarcasm. At this point, I'm so fed up with Trion that I don't really care anymore. They don't listen at all, and they make empty promises just to desperately hold on to their subs. Counting the days until something else comes out.
    I have the Tera beta, looking forward to trying that today. The PvP in Rift needs loving and alot of it.

Prophet of Telara

With all the Arena threads you would think that Trion would take the hint and start on it. They should have at least acknowledge it and give us a response.

But no, haven't heard a word. We want a 3v3, 5v5 and higher deathmatch, how hard is that to understand. I am tired of picking up shards, fangs, vessels, clicking on flags.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    With all the Arena threads you would think that Trion would take the hint and start on it. They should have at least acknowledge it and give us a response.

But no, haven't heard a word. We want a 3v3, 5v5 and higher deathmatch, how hard is that to understand. I am tired of picking up shards, fangs, vessels, clicking on flags.
    I'm rather tired of having objectives in PvP. I want old fashion killing.

CPK

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I have the Tera beta, looking forward to trying that today. The PvP in Rift needs loving and alot of it.
    I heard you could pre-order on Amazon and then get a full refund if you cancel before the game releases, but after reading the terms, it seems like you only get a refund of the difference if the game happens to go down in price between pre-order and release dates. I do want to try Tera Beta, but I don't think I want to shell out $50 just to try it.
    Drednaught, Warrior/GM of <The Fallen Sons>
    Haxed, Cleric Alt
    Formerly of Freeholme Shard
    Currently of Seastone Shard

Prophet of Telara

I'm rather tired of having objectives in PvP. I want old fashion killing.
    That is what I want, teams meet and kill each other. Nothing else, how many people wont pick up a object because they know it will kill them before a player, alot.

RIFT Guide Writer

I heard you could pre-order on Amazon and then get a full refund if you cancel before the game releases, but after reading the terms, it seems like you only get a refund of the difference if the game happens to go down in price between pre-order and release dates. I do want to try Tera Beta, but I don't think I want to shell out $50 just to try it.
    I signed up for the beta, no money spent.

Ascendant

At this point what does Trion have to lose? They can hack together a quick arena type environment and probably please most of us, even if it isn't "top notch."

Every sub should matter to Trion at this point with GW2 looming. SWTOR, as bad as it was in certain areas, already took a good chunk. GW2 will absolutely make Rift a ghost town if Trion doesn't get its act together.

Hell, even ranked WF's would be a start. It can't be that hard to add something like that as it wouldn't require lots of fundamental changes in the codebase.

Prophet of Telara

I am sure they have a intern who has made that kind of of warfront but weddings were so much more important.

I agree with the OP, I'm sick of objectives as well.
    The best part about Port Scion is the big battles, not the running of stones imo.

I'm not the biggest PvPer but I could definitely get behind the institution of a system like arena in WoW.

My only concern would be that the population of the battlegroups is not sufficient to maintain a healthy ladder in the current format.
    I feel to bring this into the game effectively there would possibly need to be another shard reshuffle to create just one, maybe two battlegroups.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-24-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    Nope.

CPK

Today, we had <Fires of Heaven> make several attempts to completely PvE us in warfronts... and once, they even succeeded. We had 33 kills against their 2. It's gotten pretty bad, needless to say.
    Haxed, Cleric Alt

RIFT Guide Writer

Today, we had <Fires of Heaven> make several attempts to completely PvE us in warfronts... and once, they even succeeded. We had 33 kills against their 2. It's gotten pretty bad, needless to say.
    I seen this happen many times in Port Scion.

CPK

I seen this happen many times in Port Scion.
    Oh bah... it deleted the guild name that I put in carrots. Was actually trying to say that Fires of Heaven made those attempts, lol. They were 5v5's so it was a bit different than Scion, but yes I've had it happen many times to me as well.
    Haxed, Cleric Alt

Warning:Before you post, be civil/respectful to each other.

Why should Rift provide arena?

*Competitive organized PvP in a team setting.

*Competitive PvP will allow an engaging experience for all players who seek to PvP in a competitive manner.

*Arena PvP will trigger class balance and fine tuning to adjust PvP into a skill base favored system.

*In the process of class balancing, this should make the current Warfronts more enjoyable for everyone.

Arena needs rewards correct? How to make fair rewards? How can we make arena enjoyable for the entire player base that would like to participate in arena?

*Arena needs a rated and matched system for the real competitive players.

*The rewards for rated and matched arena needs to be valued to the players who participate. Such idea's are favor and prestige for the victor. Highest ranked team is rewarded with a title unique to their team for the season. (Much like WoW arena Gladiator titles.)

*The arena could be set to a duration of a season or be an indefinite duration. If an indefinite duration is used, people will continue to fight for rank one title. If season based, the top team at the end of the season will be awarded a title and possibly a mount to show your feats.

*In order to provide the enjoyable experience for the less competitive players, provide a non rated arena that will provide rewards such as favor, and prestige. (This can be rewarded to only the victor or in greater value to the victor.)

*We all know that the non rated arena will experience highly geared players attempting to farm less geared and or less skilled players. In order to prevent this, provide a bolster of greater value depending on their rank if a low/high is matched together.

These are idea's of mine that I would enjoy to see. Other such idea's that have crossed my mind is to provide cosmetic items' unique to arena in non rated and rated.
    I'm not sure what good will arena do in a PvP systme so messy.

It will be a Cleriquake Arena, with dominant classes duking it out with each other.

You need a working PvP like WoW's for an arena system. IE in which one dominant class can not stay alive 10 minutes while being pounded by 10 people & killing few of them in the process.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast