+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Being Forced to play as Opposite Faction..

Soulwalker

Default Being Forced to play as Opposite Faction..

So i just recently came back to the game after a little break and remembered how much i loved PvP'ing in the game, so i got my stuff and build together and join in a warfront. all was well and dandy for a while... then... it started to happen. i was put onto the opposite factions side of the warfront. I play as a Defiant and i was forced to play as aGaurdian.. WTF!?! i Play the faction i chose because i want to be them, not so i can be forced to play the opposite faction..

This seriously needs to be changed. i get that it is probly to even out the que times, but i would much rather wait a little longer que time and play with my fellow defiants then be forced to play as a gaurdian on there side.

please change!!!

Hi, how're you?

I am swell, yourself?

i am fine, thanks for asking

I will never stand aside a Montague.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by arsinic12345 View Post
    So i just recently came back to the game after a little break and remembered how much i loved PvP'ing in the game, so i got my stuff and build together and join in a warfront. all was well and dandy for a while... then... it started to happen. i was put onto the opposite factions side of the warfront. I play as a Defiant and i was forced to play as aGaurdian.. WTF!?! i Play the faction i chose because i want to be them, not so i can be forced to play the opposite faction..

This seriously needs to be changed. i get that it is probly to even out the que times, but i would much rather wait a little longer que time and play with my fellow defiants then be forced to play as a gaurdian on there side.

please change!!!
    Take a chill pill and do what I do. If it's got a red name. Kill it. Although sake is my favorite in place of that chill pill - promotes the kamikaze spirit.

I still sympathize with the OP despite the fact nothing's going to change for a while.

Instead the new merc system has conditioned me to not care about leaving WFs.

Soulwalker

please change!!!

It's straight up queue times. I know you know that, as you mentioned so. The real problem is the slippery slope that happens when it becomes difficult to pvp. The longer the queue times the fewer people actually queue over time, producing even longer queue times, and so on.

The only possible fix for this (that would still possibly allow for queue times to stay as short as they are now) is to be able to toggle a "Mercenary" option. In this case, the default would have the "Mercenary" option on, where you could get queued up as a merc if it's required, and you could choose to turn that off.

This is rife with its own problems, though. The more people that turn it off would force the people who don't to get slotted as mercs. That's pretty much a guaranteed fact, since the whole reason they implemented it was to dramatically decrease queue times and the system would stay the same. If there aren't enough of one faction then the 'available' (read: "Mercenary" toggled on) players are gonna be slotted into the opposing faction, and the 'available' players would now be limited to the ones that leave the option on. Those people would end up getting merced a helluva lot more than the average player is now, and that would probably lead to way more frustration about "playing for the other team" than there is now.

In sum, I hate playing as a merc. But I would waaaay rather play as a merc and people to kill people than to not be able to kill people at all.

they could have merged the two battle groups instead
    but that makes too much sense so it won't happen

Plane Touched

please change!!!
    Just ignore the trolls

I feel the same way. And there are a few of us who have written at great lengths to plead our case to the Dev's to include an opt out option... all to no avail... they apparently are not listening or just don't care about the players anymore.

I'm finding that it really sucks the joy out of pvp which I loved to the point where I'm playing less and less each day. And if those who are against the opt out option are all about wait times, then the wait times will increase if more and more players stop queing up to pvp. And if they argue that those of us who stop playing won't make any effect on their precious wait times, then it would follow that it would also not make any difference to them if we were allowed to opt out.

Either way... no word from Trion one way or the other.. unlike them, but who can say..

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    they could have merged the two battle groups instead
    but that makes too much sense so it won't happen
    I don't think it was ever a total population problem, it was a situational population throughout the day for each faction. You could have all the battlegroups as 1 but if at the current time the population is 65% defiant and 45% guard, then you have uneven pools to pick from.

Basically let me metaphor this. Before the merc system, there were 2 lines formed to get on the roller coaster. One line was only for men, one line was only for women. Throughout the day you will probably have one of the lines greater than the other. Thus, at most times of the day, either a man or women will be suffering a longer wait time. But now, the theme park did away with separating males and females in the roller coaster line and we all hop in the same line.

Having an OP out system would make the combo line of men and womens wait longer because now on top of having the men/womens line, individual men want to make their own line and still get on the ride - and women want to make their own line and still get on the ride. Now you went from a system with 2 pools and uncontrollable imbalanced wait factors to a system with 3 pools that simply serve to slow down the big line that was suppose to make it better for everyone at all times.

Do others see why I doubt you will ever get met half way on this? It simply defies the devs goal and actually makes the system sloppier than it was originally.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-23-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't think it was ever a total population problem, it was a situational population throughout the day for each faction. You could have all the battlegroups as 1 but if at the current time the population is 65% defiant and 45% guard, then you have uneven pools to pick from.

Basically let me metaphor this. Before the merc system, there were 2 lines formed to get on the roller coaster. One line was only for men, one line was only for women. Throughout the day you will probably have one of the lines greater than the other. Thus, at most times of the day, either a man or women will be suffering a longer wait time. But now, the theme park did away with separating males and females in the roller coaster line and we all hop in the same line.

Having an OP out system would make the combo line of men and womens wait longer because now on top of having the men/womens line, individual men want to make their own line and still get on the ride - and women want to make their own line and still get on the ride. Now you went from a system with 2 pools and uncontrollable imbalanced wait factors to a system with 3 pools that simply serve to slow down the big line that was suppose to make it better for everyone at all times.

Do others see why I doubt you will ever get met half way on this? It simply defies the devs goal and actually makes the system sloppier than it was originally.
    I'm doing my best to straighten it out. I'm not queuing at all - because I don't particularly care about queue times. And, since I'm not queuing for PvP, I have little left to login for, so I haven't played in about two weeks. My sub expires in two more weeks and in the meantime, I login to the forum hoping to see something, well....hopeful.

There isn't. Just Violacea spouting the same nonsense that distills down, practically, into "I want my fast queues and I'm going to keep them, so shut up."

My advice to the OP? Try to enjoy it. The lobby is to the left.

So your telling me that Trion is coming up to you with a gun and telling you to play a defiant when your a guardian? Last time i checked no one is forcing anyone. If you can't stand to play on the defiant side then don't pvp. I hated it at first but you just need to get our mind that WF is faction vs faction. Now it is Blue vs Red... doesn't see anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post

There isn't. Just Violacea spouting the same nonsense that distills down, practically, into "I want my fast queues and I'm going to keep them, so shut up."

The funny part is my post didn't state whether I was for or against it. Yet you found a way to pull what you wanted to read out of it. Hate to sound condescending but read it again. I simply laid out how the system was prior to 1.7, how it is after 1.7, and how it would be if there was an OP out option. The only opinion I explicitly stated was that I don't think the devs will do it because it defies their goal (not a matter of opinion, it systematically would). And I could be for or against it and still have my prediction on what the devs move would be. Read carefully before you call me out because I clarify till the end if I have to for those who don't read what I write.

Now be careful before replying to this, cause I still didn't say whether I enjoy or don't enjoy the system. I am still simply stating things for what they exactly are. Make sure you read what I wrote, not what you want me to write. You will find yourself with little room to pick on my stance when it's hardly a stance at all, but a matter of seeing something for what it is and can be.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-23-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast