+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Noobs being 1-shot = A good thing

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default Noobs being 1-shot = A good thing

    The real tragedy was the false impression that low level pvp gave to people.

    And at least for now, pvp at lower levels is no different than pvp at level 50.


    People should understand, early on, that pvp in Rift is all about getting 1-shot. At level 50 a new player can expect to get 1-shot for months on end, and then after much time spent in battlegrounds, grinding favor, they can upgrade their gear to the point that they will last for 2-3 seconds, and then that will last for several more months....

    And then at rank 40, they can 1-shot people all day long.



    I just wish Trion would let me roll back my character to a lower level.

    These noobs just don't know how good they have it.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Nice troll...

    Now, back under your bridge please

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Dear fanboi:

    are you saying that a rank 10 player fighting a rank 40 will last any longer than a lvl 25 fighting a 29 twink?

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    Dear fanboi:

    are you saying that a rank 10 player fighting a rank 40 will last any longer than a lvl 25 fighting a 29 twink?
    Nope, not at all.

    What i'm saying is new players needing to be 1-shot is wrong. Even if its a false impression the new players need that while playing for free to see how its POSSIBLE to compete in a WF regardless of the work it may need...

    What new players, Trion and the existing players do not need is a new player to try the game, get trashed in a few WF and un-install. That leads to MMO death, or worse yet, F2P.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Nope, not at all.

    What i'm saying is new players needing to be 1-shot is wrong. Even if its a false impression the new players need that while playing for free to see how its POSSIBLE to compete in a WF regardless of the work it may need...

    What new players, Trion and the existing players do not need is a new player to try the game, get trashed in a few WF and un-install. That leads to MMO death, or worse yet, F2P.
    You are expelling gas into the wind. The slow-twitch FPS "I deserve to win because I'VE SPENT THE PLAT" crowd are going to be on you like the proverbial stink.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    You are expelling gas into the wind. The slow-twitch FPS "I deserve to win because I'VE SPENT THE PLAT" crowd are going to be on you like the proverbial stink.
    Meh, idc much. I'd rather this game continued to attract new players. At a time where theres a couple of big releases coming up from other companies i find it incredibly short-sighted of Trion that they didnt see how twinks could scare off a lot of new players.

    Unfortunately the attitude of people like the OP means the problem will get worse and WF will become a no-go zone for any non-twinked toon.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    The real tragedy was the false impression that low level pvp gave to people.

    And at least for now, pvp at lower levels is no different than pvp at level 50.


    People should understand, early on, that pvp in Rift is all about getting 1-shot. At level 50 a new player can expect to get 1-shot for months on end, and then after much time spent in battlegrounds, grinding favor, they can upgrade their gear to the point that they will last for 2-3 seconds, and then that will last for several more months....

    And then at rank 40, they can 1-shot people all day long.



    I just wish Trion would let me roll back my character to a lower level.

    These noobs just don't know how good they have it.
    So when do you plan on unsubbing? Because TRION should just auto level you to prestige 40 and mail you all the high end pvp gear when you hit the level cap. There's no reason you should have to spend time earning anything like anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    So when do you plan on unsubbing? Because TRION should just auto level you to prestige 40 and mail you all the high end pvp gear when you hit the level cap. There's no reason you should have to spend time earning anything like anyone else.
    So, in your opinion, twinking is good for the game? You agree that leveling should be made more difficult and frustrating because it hones your skills?

    I don't think any part of this thread has to do with level 50 PvP, although I might be mistaken. The argument is whether twinks dominating every bracket is conducive to an increasingly elusive non-stat in this game - fun. For anyone but the twink, of course.

    Twinks only want competitive play. Which they completely dominate. KNOW YOUR PLACE!

    LOL

  9. #9
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Well, I can see it in the near future Trion will probably just give you the option to immediately hit a "level up" button so you can avoid those mean little twinks. (cuz doing something other than PVP is obviously out of the question) But...then there will be complaints how r40 L50s are nuking you into oblivion in that bracket, and Trion will give you cookies and warm milk in an effort to hold your hand so you don't have to experience the grind as slowly and miserably as they did...oh wait, they did this already.

    So yeah, keep complaining about twinks and eventually Trion will cave and do something about it. It's pretty much their MO.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

  10. #10
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    People complaining about twinks are really bad players, try pushing your "S" key harder to walk backwards, and turn left/right faster with "A"/"D" moar. And don't forget to stare at yor keyboard moar to click that ability while you're getting trashed by a twink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Well, I can see it in the near future Trion will probably just give you the option to immediately hit a "level up" button so you can avoid those mean little twinks. (cuz doing something other than PVP is obviously out of the question) But...then there will be complaints how r40 L50s are nuking you into oblivion in that bracket, and Trion will give you cookies and warm milk in an effort to hold your hand so you don't have to experience the grind as slowly and miserably as they did...oh wait, they did this already.

    So yeah, keep complaining about twinks and eventually Trion will cave and do something about it. It's pretty much their MO.
    You are intentionally missing the point, with one exception. Twinks are twinks because they enjoy stomping undergeared / underleveled people into the ground. It feeds them and makes them all warm and fuzzy. I know I'm stepping on toes - soon a twink will come in defending his ability to stomp lower levels by saying they only really live to fight other twinks.

    The complaints about level 50s nuking into oblivion were already done. And they were correct. It was neither fun nor conducive to subscription retention, so they fixed it to some degree.

    And then repeated their mistake for the intervening levels. Note to self: if you are actually enjoying something, keep it to yourself. Because the number of threads about 10-49 being fun was large. The fix? Apparently, change those brackets to something more closely resembling the "fun" experienced by a new 50 thrown into the gear grind.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    People complaining about twinks are really bad players, try pushing your "S" key harder to walk backwards, and turn left/right faster with "A"/"D" moar. And don't forget to stare at yor keyboard moar to click that ability while you're getting trashed by a twink.
    So you think its ok that a new players first experience of PvP in Rift is being 1-shot over and over in a WF?

    These people are new and need time to learn, twinks remove that learning time.

    Most twinks i've seen at 19 are ranged, once they target a new player they're dead. They could be more skilled than anyone else in the game, they're still insta-dead.

    Stop equating skill with OP geared toons.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    You are intentionally missing the point, with one exception. Twinks are twinks because they enjoy stomping undergeared / underleveled people into the ground. It feeds them and makes them all warm and fuzzy. I know I'm stepping on toes - soon a twink will come in defending his ability to stomp lower levels by saying they only really live to fight other twinks.

    The complaints about level 50s nuking into oblivion were already done. And they were correct. It was neither fun nor conducive to subscription retention, so they fixed it to some degree.

    And then repeated their mistake for the intervening levels. Note to self: if you are actually enjoying something, keep it to yourself. Because the number of threads about 10-49 being fun was large. The fix? Apparently, change those brackets to something more closely resembling the "fun" experienced by a new 50 thrown into the gear grind.

    Basically this guy sums it all up. I twink only to bring pain and misery to the innocents of telara. I also do it because i am bad at lvl 50 pvp. Cant really think of putting it any other way.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    Dear fanboi:

    are you saying that a rank 10 player fighting a rank 40 will last any longer than a lvl 25 fighting a 29 twink?
    By level 25, any player has access to the majority of the gear a twink would be using, and it wouldn't take them long to get it. If they aren't interested in getting it that's fine, but the gear is in the game, people are going to use it, and that's just the way it is.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Basically this guy sums it all up. I twink only to bring pain and misery to the innocents of telara. I also do it because i am bad at lvl 50 pvp. Cant really think of putting it any other way.
    I caught the sarcasm, but I think my point still stands. I never made a qualitative statement about the proponents of slamming people in doors for fun. If you think it will add to the discussion, have at.

    If my point is wrong, explain why you think it's good for players, who have resoundingly enjoyed pvp UP to the level 50 category, to not have fun any more. Or rather, why you think it's ok for you to have fun at their expense? Other than the "anyone can twink if they want to" mantra.

    If your post was not sarcastic, I apologize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts