+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Thirsty Broken ???

Rift Chaser

Default Blood Thirsty Broken ???

You get the killing blow and then the all familiar sound of life being pumped back into your toon, however, inexplicably it stops after 1 tick? I've checked to make sure that yes the buff is still there and then the scoreboard, yes I got the kill. So then check the combat log did I receive the heals, nope. This happened all night last night.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Rift Chaser

Yup still broken, send in a bug report and get no response. I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else?

Now if only Bloodthirst was broken... maybe people wouldn't complain so often about being 2 shotted by warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Now if only Bloodthirst was broken... maybe people wouldn't complain so often about being 2 shotted by warriors.
    Been broken since they put it on GCD.

I'm glad this wasn't just me.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Been broken since they put it on GCD.
    oh my good lord, i remember when it was oGCD and had 95% armor pen, sigh.

I had this issue a few months back. I would get the KB and Bloodthirsty would activate and I would get 1 tic of the heal and it would sound off 1 time. I put in multiple tickets and a few post on these forums. I never got an answer until I went to the EU rift forums.

This is what you need to do to fix it.

Step 1. land the KB
    Step 2. watch your buff bar, when you see the bloodthirsty proc, quickly click it off. this will reset it.
    Step 3. all fixed. Bloodthirsty should be working correctly now. I have had to do this 2 times now in the last few months. Each time it resets Bloodthirsty and it starts working again. I did notice the last time what may have been causing it. Getting 3-4 KBs within a second or two and it locks up the Proc.

Hope this helps
    Seastone - Daddy DayCare
    Rokkstar R40 Rogue fav.spec. 51sin/15bd
    Rokkhard R40 Mage fav.spec. 34dom/32chloro

Rift Chaser

Found the fix! No thanks to Trion, excellent work from their crack team of developeers and customer service representatives. Not as much as a response back after multiple bug reports. I spent about 8 plat and 2 hours but finally figure it out. Blood thirsty failure is caused by either having the buff on while switching servers and/or swithcing guilds and then attempting to reapply it on new server and/or new guild. This might not apply to many but if you have this problem here is the solution.

Step 1) Remove the ability from your hotbar and take it off as a current buff. For me this put on a new buff that showed the actual proc'd hot of blood thirsty. However, I had not just killed someone but for some reason the game thinks I had so I removed that buff as well.

Step 2) Drop from guild. Double check your buffs to make sure that blood thirst is not on in either form as the buff or the proc'd hot.

Step 3) Zone out, relog, or reset UI. This step worked for me once I zoned out and reset UI but in hindsight it probably would have worked to simply relog. Upon logging in or loading make sure that blood thirsty is not on in either form as the buff or the proc'd hot.

Step 4) Get Invited to guild and pull blood thirsty perk from new guild perks onto you action bar. Upon accepting invite from guild make sure that blood thirsty is not on in either form as the buff or the proc'd hot. Re-apply blood thirsty and test.

This actually took multiple attempts of these steps to get mine to reset and function properly. Having close communication with a guild will let you leave and return from guild multiple times to overcome this obstacle. I don't have an exact set of sequences that will work and maybe it's very simple, however this worked for me. Good luck, and good hunting!

+ Reply to Thread