+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Another Pro Warfront, by Trion

  1. #1
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default Another Pro Warfront, by Trion

    http://tinyurl.com/AnotherProBalancedTrionWarfron

    I love Trion allowing 4 enemy healers to queue, while we have nothing but rogues and warriors.

    No you don't have control over who is queing at any moment but you can sure slow the filter so warfronts aren't so totally imbalanced.

    You can also modify who you let in. If 4 enemy healers have queued make sure you only let low ranks in on the opposite side and high ranks in on our side. As it starts to fill out, IF it balances out, swap it around with the ranks to make it more even.

    You could prevent enemy support from queing and make the WF even. No you can't stop them from changing once in but people tend to stay the same spec in WFs unless things are going bad.

    You could give bonuses for healing in WFs so healers will queue. For some reason healers refuse to heal in WFs, and this is coming from someone with a cleric and I heal 90% of the time in WFs. But there are a bunch of cleric bads who will not heal.

    Whatever.. pulling things out of my backside here. Fix it. It's stupid to allow 4 enemy healers to queue against an all rogue warrior warfront. It's an automatic lose in 99% situations, because you can't keep yourselve alive while holding vessels, you can't even drink island ambrosia water to heal yourself after a fight.

    At least rogues can go stealth or range, Warriors are useless with their 20 range, inability to heal. We just blow up.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/AnotherProBalancedTrionWarfron

    I love Trion allowing 4 enemy healers to queue, while we have nothing but rogues and warriors.

    No you don't have control over who is queing at any moment but you can sure slow the filter so warfronts aren't so totally imbalanced.

    You can also modify who you let in. If 4 enemy healers have queued make sure you only let low ranks in on the opposite side and high ranks in on our side. As it starts to fill out, IF it balances out, swap it around with the ranks to make it more even.

    You could prevent enemy support from queing and make the WF even. No you can't stop them from changing once in but people tend to stay the same spec in WFs unless things are going bad.

    You could give bonuses for healing in WFs so healers will queue. For some reason healers refuse to heal in WFs, and this is coming from someone with a cleric and I heal 90% of the time in WFs. But there are a bunch of cleric bads who will not heal.

    Whatever.. pulling things out of my backside here. Fix it. It's stupid to allow 4 enemy healers to queue against an all rogue warrior warfront. It's an automatic lose in 99% situations, because you can't keep yourselve alive while holding vessels, you can't even drink island ambrosia water to heal yourself after a fight.

    At least rogues can go stealth or range, Warriors are useless with their 20 range, inability to heal. We just blow up.
    All the healers are p40 and maxxed favor and don't need any bonuses......

  3. #3
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/AnotherProBalancedTrionWarfron

    I love Trion allowing 4 enemy healers to queue, while we have nothing but rogues and warriors.

    No you don't have control over who is queing at any moment but you can sure slow the filter so warfronts aren't so totally imbalanced.

    You can also modify who you let in. If 4 enemy healers have queued make sure you only let low ranks in on the opposite side and high ranks in on our side. As it starts to fill out, IF it balances out, swap it around with the ranks to make it more even.

    You could prevent enemy support from queing and make the WF even. No you can't stop them from changing once in but people tend to stay the same spec in WFs unless things are going bad.

    You could give bonuses for healing in WFs so healers will queue. For some reason healers refuse to heal in WFs, and this is coming from someone with a cleric and I heal 90% of the time in WFs. But there are a bunch of cleric bads who will not heal.

    Whatever.. pulling things out of my backside here. Fix it. It's stupid to allow 4 enemy healers to queue against an all rogue warrior warfront. It's an automatic lose in 99% situations, because you can't keep yourselve alive while holding vessels, you can't even drink island ambrosia water to heal yourself after a fight.

    At least rogues can go stealth or range, Warriors are useless with their 20 range, inability to heal. We just blow up.
    Nerf bards!

    I've been in plenty of warfronts with 0 heals and opposing team has 2-4 healers....and wrecked em. All that lovely dps = lots of focus fire to push around. Put a couple warrior tanks in the middle to act as a distraction, and if you don't get the picture...well, I don't know what to tell you. Is beating a team with healers when you have none hard? Hell yes it is. But I have definitely seen it done. You won't see it getting done sitting up top near the spawn in library though.

    Ask for lead, learn to hit alt-1, tell people to focus that #1. Lots of healers is nice, but quickly switching that #1 focus target screws them royally. Crappy healers roll hots but can't keep up with focus fire quickly switching. Even good healers have a hard time with that. Good focus fire > lots of heals. You dump 10k dps into a 7k hp target and it doesn't really matter what the HPS the healers are pulling.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

  4. #4
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    I can't read the combat log; how much damage did void bolt do?

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Ask for lead, learn to hit alt-1, tell people to focus that #1. Lots of healers is nice, but quickly switching that #1 focus target screws them royally. Crappy healers roll hots but can't keep up with focus fire quickly switching. Even good healers have a hard time with that. Good focus fire > lots of heals. You dump 10k dps into a 7k hp target and it doesn't really matter what the HPS the healers are pulling.
    true as this is they'd still lose library w/o heals
    i can self-heal a win in library
    also bard's not gonna outheal 4 clerics

  6. #6
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    People could just switch specs....join as DPS and switch to heals.

    Some sort of class balance would, and should, be workable, though.

    I have seen a number of WF's with 4-6 clerics on one side and 1 or 2 on the other.

    The system ought to balance out class composition with the merc system.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    i'm just wondering how many of those clerics were mercs...

  8. #8
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    true as this is they'd still lose library w/o heals
    i can self-heal a win in library
    also bard's not gonna outheal 4 clerics
    1) Sorry wrong. Won couple libraries with no heals.
    2) Self-heal a library? See my first comment.
    3) "nerf bard" was a sarcastic remark (even some heals are better than no heals so long as you have good dps around you to nuke the healers with focus fire)

    I hate to say this. But if groups are losing because they have fewer healers than other side?
    1) Your dps/focus fire are lacking
    2) You, and possibly your team, are bad players and have never thought of dropping into builds designed to "distract" dps (drop into a tank build to get the attention of the bad dps to buy time for your good dps to nuke people)

    Can beating a team with healers when you have no healers be done? Yes. Is it going to be a VERY difficult fight that really tests your gear, skill, and focus fire? Yes. I think that's the main problem I've been reading though...
    Last edited by Cime; 02-23-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    2) Self-heal a library? See my first comment.

  10. #10
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    Did you really just post a video where not a single dps broke 60k dmg and total kills for either side was no more than 16? AND, it looked like 2 defiant were afk the entire match? AND no dps ever bothered trying to kill you?

    So yes, I'll agree. It IS possible to solo heal a library when you hide in a corner and both teams have GOD AWFUL dps. GG though...this video was good for a few laughs at just how many crappy dps are floating around lately.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

  11. #11
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    thanks for the link. It's good evidence to show that clerics need a nerf

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Nerf bards!

    I've been in plenty of warfronts with 0 heals and opposing team has 2-4 healers....and wrecked em. All that lovely dps = lots of focus fire to push around. Put a couple warrior tanks in the middle to act as a distraction, and if you don't get the picture...well, I don't know what to tell you. Is beating a team with healers when you have none hard? Hell yes it is. But I have definitely seen it done. You won't see it getting done sitting up top near the spawn in library though.

    Ask for lead, learn to hit alt-1, tell people to focus that #1. Lots of healers is nice, but quickly switching that #1 focus target screws them royally. Crappy healers roll hots but can't keep up with focus fire quickly switching. Even good healers have a hard time with that. Good focus fire > lots of heals. You dump 10k dps into a 7k hp target and it doesn't really matter what the HPS the healers are pulling.
    i find that by using those tanks you mentioned as a distraction gives me perfect opportunity to AoE pull->AoE stun->Sign of Asias->tyranny spam, using the said distraction i wipe the enemy team with aoe burst while my team complains that i didnt swap to a healing role. done this multiple times when we had literally no healer, i was the only cleric, and our entire team was ********* at me constantly.

    most people simply dont understand the importance of tactics, and placement in pvp, or a well placed CC. these thing are MORE important then group makup by a large margin. Dont believe me? why is it that in warhammer using said tactics and placement you can easily battle 3-4 times your number with the expectations of victory?

    pvp tactics>build/matchup/group

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Did you really just post a video where not a single dps broke 60k dmg and total kills for either side was no more than 16? AND, it looked like 2 defiant were afk the entire match? AND no dps ever bothered trying to kill you?

    So yes, I'll agree. It IS possible to solo heal a library when you hide in a corner and both teams have GOD AWFUL dps. GG though...this video was good for a few laughs at just how many crappy dps are floating around lately.
    no i posted the stat board at 3 mins into the match like the video says

    people do come at me there but i can still usually hold it for 3 mins cus it's hard to focus fire me, i can knock off melee that doesn't fall off on their own (happens alot lol) & silence/shield/etc while keepin myself up for 3 mins each time i hold it

    i hold it 3 times the match is over btw
    Last edited by Sykk; 02-23-2012 at 08:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I hear premades have at least one healer.

    A- Make some friends. I know its scary.
    B- Form a 5 man group with them.
    C- Que.

    Your quest to find some class balance in warfronts is finished.
    I have more challenges in pvp.
    Everyone is happy.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    With the OP's logic, I should make a thread because I killed Akylios 6x times already, and the only thing that drops are cleric/Mage loot, there was no rogue weapon. Brb, gonna make a whine thread my undertow rifle did not drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts