+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 39 Twink Warrior Builds!

Soulwalker

Default Level 39 Twink Warrior Builds!

Hi guys, with the start of being able to lock XP is the rise of the twink, there can actually be a need for all those shiny lower level blues, purples, and flawless augments! I've recently created a 39 twink warrior and have been experimenting with specifically 1-handed builds with a mix of Riftblade and Paladin! Please check out these builds, I've been bulldozing warfronts, but still working out the kinks because there's always room for improvement! Please let me know what you think and post any of your ideas!

We have 52 talent points to spend at level 39 so look at these three builds:

39 Riftblade/13 Paladin/0 Voidwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...eGs0dsMGzsR.-5

26 Riftblade/14 Paragon/12 paladin

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...0doMhzo.xxL.-5

23 Riftblade/17 Champion/12 paladin

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...oMbz.g0czsM.-5

Why the minimum 12-point paladin?? There is an underused ability in the warrior class that hits like a truck- SWEEPING STRIKE- at level 39 it hits up to 10 people in all directions critting about 350-400 per hit.. on single-target blows it often strikes twice, and luckily it's only on a 5 second cool-down! Sweeping strike hits harder than Ragestorm, and the pally tree has other utility such as the 5-minute CD full-heal, agressive block, block bonuses, endurance buff, 30% stun recovery bonus... it's very versatile. Other melee don't stand a chance.

Lets discuss the gameplay-

39 Riftblade/13 Paladin/0 Voidwalker (or 0-point Warlord)

My Buffs:
    Avatar of Water, Planar Blade, Shield of the Hero, Aegis of Vitality, Void (or Battlefield Distraction if you chose 0-point warlord)

Use Avatar of Wind if you need the extra movement boost for flag running.

My Macros:

ATTACK:
    #show Searing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast retaliation
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast stonespear
    cast windspear
    cast rift strike
    cast sweeping strike
    cast frost strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Searing Strike

FINISHER:
    #show storm burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast storm burst
    cast earth burst
    cast fiery burst

Game Play-
    The game play is similar to the famous ragestorm build. Your ragestorm is now sweeping strike. Keep in mind the finishers always cast on the next melee hit, luckily they don't use global cool-down

Keep in mind you have two other great finishers that are situational- Rift Surge (I use that on healers especially and I love to interrupt them with face slam and stun them with lights' hammer or silence them with windspear) and riftstorm.

Use riftwalk to your victims, freeze armor, stonespear, or lights' hammer to keep them to you so you can kill 'em!

Riftwalk is also great for takin out those noobs who don't want to climb down in the Black Garden, or those who like to pummel you from up high at the Codex. With this build and twink gear you can afford to be a little cocky

Next build....

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...0doMhzo.xxL.-5

This one relies on fast combo builders! The Paragon tree brings 3% more crit, a strength buff, and 40% chance to add an extra combo point, as well as turn-the-blade. It makes a good addition to this build, which of the two is better, I've not quite decided, give this one a try!

My Buffs:
    Avatar of Water, Planar Blade, Shield of the Hero, Aegis of Vitality, Focus of Strength, Way of the River

Use Avatar of Wind if you need the extra movement boost for flag running.

My Macros:

ATTACK:
    #show Searing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast retaliation
    cast turn the blade
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast stonespear
    cast sweeping strike
    cast frost strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Searing Strike

FINISHER:
    #show storm burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast storm burst
    cast earth burst
    cast fiery burst

Use Riftsurge when you need the extra damage boost!

Gameplay,

Very similar game-play as above! You have the same versatility. Don't forget your "oh crap" heal button.

And Lastly (admittedly I haven't tried this one yet, but I plan to)

23 Riftblade/17 Champion/12 paladin

This one obviously brings in the champion tree for one main reason- LINGERING WOUNDS. We lose the versatility of riftwalk and planar blade, so I haven't chosen to play this one yet.. but it has a lot of potential. Not only will your target receive 50% less healing, but you also get bull rush (which is almost as good as riftwalk), Battlefield Intimidation (yet another method of holding your victim still!), and Slayer's Bearing.

My Buffs:
    Avatar of Water, Storm Blade, Aegis of Vitality, Shield of the Hero, Slayer's Bearing

Use Avatar of Wind for flag running.

My Macros:

ATTACK:
    #show Searing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast retaliation
    cast inescapable fury
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast stonespear
    cast sweeping strike
    cast frost strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Searing Strike

FINISHER:
    #show fiery burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast deathblow
    cast earth burst
    cast fiery burst

Game Play,

What do you know, it's played the same way as the other two builds. The only difference is having Bull rush, and Battlefield Intimidation (great for the opening of Black Garden!)

That's all I have for now, please enjoy, post any suggestions, or ask any comments

If you have a level 39 twink please contact Roronoazoro on Laethys (Defiant) I will add you to friends.

Soulwalker

I've been using this build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....E000qMM.xz.-5

Hits like a truck, has lots of ranged attacks to spam when kited and it reasonably hard to kill. With a pocket healer i can usually survive 5v2. I've been having trouble vs Sword and Board warriors with builds like yours though so I'm going to try something more tanky, but still keep Planar Blade because it's just amazing. I've tried several strategies to keep up with kiting and knockbacks but Riftwalk is the best so far.

My build before this was

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...u.Vxx00V.xz.-5

It hits even harder, but lacks the gap closing ability of the Riftwalk build and in the end that's more of a net win.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Extreme burst, great mobility, weak survivability:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...MGzs.ghzzqM.-5

Extreme survivability, moderate burst, very strong AoE:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....xxo0sR.xMo.-5

Ascendant

This thread needs moar Paragon. I've been running a paragon build since at least the 30-39 bracket. Now at 49 I'm running 44 Paragon/21 Champ. No other warrior touches my burst, though many warriors can live longer. Touch of Life or focusing me is the only way for other warriors to compete. Great mobility, ranged offense when kited, disgusting AoE burst potential, Way of the Mountain for Knockback/pull immunity. Cooldown dependent against some melee, and an absolute juggernaut with just a wee bit of outside healing.

I'm surprised you guys aren't going straight for the bloodthrist/deathblow easymode. My cleric can deal with pressure all day long, but it's the crazy OP burst of being hit for over 3k damage in 2 GCDs that gets me. I literally ignore anything that dual wields but warriors with 2 handers make me just not want heal and go DPS.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I'm surprised you guys aren't going straight for the bloodthrist/deathblow easymode. My cleric can deal with pressure all day long, but it's the crazy OP burst of being hit for over 3k damage in 2 GCDs that gets me. I literally ignore anything that dual wields but warriors with 2 handers make me just not want heal and go DPS.
    Ignoring me will get you punked. There was a 2h Defiant warrior in a Codex match I got out of about 20m ago, but it was really hard to tell how effective he was because he had a pocket healer. He hit like a truck, but so do I. If I have a pocket healer, even just splash heals, there aren't too many builds that can compare for offensive potential. I've tried various champion builds and I don't know if it's because my 1h weapons are so much better than the blue 2h sword I was using to test, but the damage just didn't impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Ignoring me will get you punked.
    I don't do 49s as balance is even more out the window. Only the 20s and 30s are reasonable tho the 30s are starting to get unbearable.

and "ignoring" maybe wasn't the best word to use, but dual wielders simply do not have the stopping power or speed to prevent being kited compared to 2h users unless you brought a few friends. The sad thing is 2 handers are so over the top with burst it's pointless to bother healing when a few decent ones are in the same WF as you. There's a warrior I know and heal for on occasion who constantly pulls 60 to 70k damage as a 39 twink using a 37 epic 2h. When he gets merc'd to the other side I go back to crafting.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-29-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I don't do 49s as balance is even more out the window. Only the 20s and 30s are reasonable tho the 30s are starting to get unbearable.

and "ignoring" maybe wasn't the best word to use, but dual wielders simply do not have the stopping power or speed to prevent being kited compared to 2h users unless you brought a few friends. The sad thing is 2 handers are so over the top with burst it's pointless to bother healing when a few decent ones are in the same WF as you. There's a warrior I know and heal for on occasion who constantly pulls 60 to 70k damage as a 39 twink using a 37 epic 2h. When he gets merc'd to the other side I go back to crafting.
    Proper paragon builds are trumping any champion build right now. I have two gap closers and a run speed CD in my build. Champion...ehh. Riftwalk I guess? I see sadly that paragon is headed the right way for a nerf with the next patch, which makes me a bit sad but if the difference is too great I'll switch things up a bit and see what I can do. I just can't bring myself to farm another 200 Inscribed stones specifically for the 48 polearm, and my own testing on dummies with the blue 2h sword from Charmer's Calderra didn't impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Proper paragon builds are trumping any champion build right now. I have two gap closers and a run speed CD in my build. Champion...ehh. Riftwalk I guess? I see sadly that paragon is headed the right way for a nerf with the next patch, which makes me a bit sad but if the difference is too great I'll switch things up a bit and see what I can do. I just can't bring myself to farm another 200 Inscribed stones specifically for the 48 polearm, and my own testing on dummies with the blue 2h sword from Charmer's Calderra didn't impress.
    Paladin, Champ, Paragon was my unbeatable dueling spec back in beta and I'd love to re-live those glory days but I've long deleted any warriors from my account due to how mindless they were to play. Oh the irony now that I'm healing....

On topic tho... I'm sorry I can't give you more advice on the 40s but Trion's never given me a good enough reason to level up to 50 in this game as a veteran mmo player.

+ Reply to Thread