+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mogh

Thread: Favor Buff

Default Favor Buff

I'm a Guardian and between yesterday and today I won 3 matches Out of 22.

Now , Would it be so bad to earn a favor buff after 3-5 Match losses In a row Increasing favor earned by something like 10/15% .

Something minor so people dont try to lose on purpose while winning still nets more favor.

As it stands I'm earning favor so slowly compaired to people i see constantly in WF's on opposing teams its sad. To play 15 mins and earn 400 favor while the other team is getting 2k-ish.

Anywho... just an Idea. No one enjoys losing night after night.. least make the losing sting a little less painful.
    Rift PVP - Where Skill means Nothing and gear means everything~

Telaran

It's called a grind for a reason. I hate it too, but I'd prefer a system that encouraged people to cooperate more instead of more favor welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post
    It's called a grind for a reason. I hate it too, but I'd prefer a system that encouraged people to cooperate more instead of more favor welfare.
    I totally agree with you.

They should be awarding way more based of objectives in the WF even if you lose. This would promote more team play if people see that there getting crap favor for just farming kills compared to those who defend, get carrier kills, carry runes, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mogh View Post

They should be awarding way more based of objectives in the WF even if you lose. This would promote more team play if people see that there getting crap favor for just farming kills compared to those who defend, get carrier kills, carry runes, etc...
    I could deal with that too ^

With the current system though and the consistant amount of losing being on guard side pvp imo is much steeper curve .

More pvp guilds in Defiant land ect. Tbh there is little reason to even be a guardian if you look solely at population... unless you enjoy losing/ getting face rolled more in zones ect.
    Rift PVP - Where Skill means Nothing and gear means everything~

Quote Originally Posted by Mogh View Post

Honestly I'd love to see more rewards for participating in warfront objectives, to encourage people to play a little smarter rather than just kill-farm. For example:

Assists would be awarded if you shared combat with the rewarded player

Codex:
    +250 favor for capping a neutral node, +50 favor for all who assisted
    +500 favor for capping an enemy node, +100 favor for all who assisted
    +500 favor for defending a node, +100 favor for all who assisted

Black Garden:
    +50 favor for every kill on a player that attemps to capture the fang
    +100 favor for every kill of a fang carrier
    +2 favor for every point earned while carrying the fang or assisting the carrier

Black Garden Escalation:
    +250 favor for every successful stone return, +50 for assists

Etc..

What ever happened to rewarding the winners? Why should the people who lose several matches get any type of bonus?

I have been there, losing many matches in a row also. My only advice is this: Suck it up, buttercup. At least there is some rewards even when you lose, which can't be said of many other activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    What ever happened to rewarding the winners? Why should the people who lose several matches get any type of bonus?

I have been there, losing many matches in a row also. My only advice is this: Suck it up, buttercup. At least there is some rewards even when you lose, which can't be said of many other activities.
    I've been there. I grinded to Rank 40 through a win/loss ratio that would make me sick to my stomach if I could look back over it.

Here's why the losers should be rewarded... because even when I was playing my best, my team could still easily lose. It's the same for countless other players. These warfronts are designed in such a way - in addition to the queuing system - that winning/losing is mostly at the mercy of how competent/geared your teammates and enemies are. And we all know how bad that can get.

I always shake my head at the people who compare a less painful grind to welfare and talk about how life was so hard for them. Even though many of the now R40s' hardest challenge was facing a few Rank 6 players who were ahead of the curve (this was, of course, before Rank 8 even existed). Some of them even premaded their way to R40, which is like sailing across a lake as opposed to drifting across it with flotation devices on your arms.

Champion of Telara

There's already the option to help people out who can't stand the WF's. PvP dailies give a decent amount of exp, plus helps with the order of the eye rep. Sometimes, playing with competent friends/guildies help a lot too... with the current system, even premade queues are pretty quick.

And of course, you might be lucky and roll as a merc.... instant 50% more favour as opposed to losing.

+ Reply to Thread