+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: EXP Lock has killed low level PVP

Soulwalker

Default EXP Lock has killed low level PVP

Well here is my 2cents. In my opinion Exp lock has killed low level pvp in that you are ether a twink, or food for the twinks. end of story. Don't get me wrong, I think that Exp lock is a wonderful idea... just not in PVP. would be happy to hear what you all think on the subject, and if were lucky the Devs are listening.

Ascendant

The PvE community showed interest in the option to lock xp as well. So now that they've got it, obviously they aren't doing anything with it if they aren't upgrading their gear in such a way as to be competitive in leveling warfronts.

I would be in support of a change to the xp lock so that you can only activate it on a character at or above level 20. Beyond that, I know how easy it is to gear a character to be competitive in the other brackets and I have no sympathy for people who show up in outdated quest greens and get mad when they get beat up a bit.

Have to say after last nigts pvp i agree with the lvl 20 limit, 10-19 is now a joke lowbies being one shot is always going to happen but seeing half your side melt in 5 seconds to the same group of twinks every match is pointless.

Soulwalker

The prob I see is that there is a loss of balance. Before you could enter warfronts in quest gear and 90% of the matches were balanced. Now as far as the new and casual players go they will enter warfronts and get decimated left and right without a chance to experience what PVP is all about. I believe it will be greatly discouraging, especially to the new players and cause them not to wish to engage in further warfrounts.

Is the reason for low level warfrounts not to prepare/ acclimate new players for level 50 PVP? I just see the current system discouraging rather then encouraging the new and casual players.

Plane Touched

the fix for twinks in pvp is easy.. only let twinks battle with other twinks.. totally unfair otherwise

I do not twink.

I level toons and do nothing but PvP while leveling.

So far I have not had some bad crazy experience in WFs because of twinks. I have never been taken down in one shot either.

That's my experience thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Runecrafter View Post
    Well here is my 2cents. In my opinion Exp lock has killed low level pvp in that you are ether a twink, or food for the twinks. end of story. Don't get me wrong, I think that Exp lock is a wonderful idea... just not in PVP. would be happy to hear what you all think on the subject, and if were lucky the Devs are listening.
    I think Trion needs to change the Ascended Courage buff to give you equivalent stats of the highest player in the match and not just boost you to the equivalent level of the highest level player in the match.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Runecrafter View Post
    Is the reason for low level warfrounts not to prepare/ acclimate new players for level 50 PVP? I just see the current system discouraging rather then encouraging the new and casual players.
    Have you ever participated in level 50 pvp? Because it is exactly the same. Battling xp-locked twinks is acclimating you to level 50 pvp.

Go roll a character. Get to level 50, and while still wearing your leveling gear go find a warrior who is in 4pc HK gear with the synergy crystal, and the rest of his/her loadout being rank8/40 gear. Challenge that warrior to a duel. Let me know how it turns out.

And guess what? For you to get even close to being gear-equivalent to that warrior it will take you an absolute minimum of *weeks* of work. Likely months.

To fully gear up an xp-locked x9 twink? A day. Maybe two.

Telaran

In all fairness I think there's something to be said about the fact it emulates the reality that people at 50 have gear and you will be facing against them before you have similar gear. The process of getting said gear, in PvP, is literally over their dead bodies. It's a harsh lesson but the average new player will quickly realize that better gear = better success.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    go find a warrior who is in 4pc HK gear with the synergy crystal, and the rest of his/her loadout being rank8/40 gear. Challenge that warrior to a duel. Let me know how it turns out.

And guess what? For you to get even close to being gear-equivalent to that warrior it will take you an absolute minimum of *weeks* of work. Likely months.

To fully gear up an xp-locked x9 twink? A day. Maybe two.
    If a R8 warrior kicks my but good for him he has done the work got the gear and out played me.

If bored hk raiders throw a few thousand planarite 50p and some crafted gear at thier level locked 19 twink and hits 10-19 pvp as a group it doesnt matter what the newbs try they just dont have the resources to compete with what takes teh twinks a hour or so. Its not pvp its a duck shoot.

Plane Touched

Don't have the resources. What? Don't have the resources? Who said it's resource intensive?

That's not an excuse, that's a tacit admission that you don't want to put in the effort to compete.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmantle View Post
    If a R8 warrior kicks my but good for him he has done the work got the gear and out played me.

If bored hk raiders throw a few thousand planarite 50p and some crafted gear at thier level locked 19 twink and hits 10-19 pvp as a group it doesnt matter what the newbs try they just dont have the resources to compete with what takes teh twinks a hour or so. Its not pvp its a duck shoot.
    It would seem that most people are in agreement that if Trion could change the XP lock so that it will only function on a character level 20 or higher, it would solve a lot of issues, and the only people it would really hurt would be the ones who went overboard gearing a 19 twink. My lowest level character was 20 when the XP lock feature was added so I never saw what was going on in the 10-19 bracket, but I've seen enough to know that some people are abusing the hell out of crafted gear with epic augments and various other item enhancements. The 10-19 bracket is where those things can quickly scale far beyond the point of reason. As you advance through to higher level brackets, crafting augments and such are nice to have, but not nearly so disruptive.

And now the world event is here, bringing more twink gear from past world events. 10-19 is gonna be even crazier now.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

I believe a solution to this would be if you tick the "Lock Exp" Box your unable to enter warfronts, this would prevent 'Twinking' While the lock exp button would get its intended use of people who want to be able to do all the storylines while at appriorate level to acomplish that
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Rift Chaser

Trion was fully aware that this change would allow for twinking. It's obvious they weren't against the idea. There may still be a few things that the dev's want to add a level requirement onto, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast