+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whitefall : Why not just reduce teleport distance while carrying?

Rift Chaser

Default Whitefall : Why not just reduce teleport distance while carrying?

Seriously, it seems so simple. Shave 10 or 15 meters off teleports when carrying the flag - This way RS Still gets its Port boosts and no longer flies across the screen at the speed of light - win win.

Champion of Telara

Why are rogues so obsessed with running flags? Do you see mages whining and *****ing about their lack of flag running versatility?

How about rogues learn a new job in WFS. Like MMs can guard flags better than most people? How about having assassins team up to go kill the turtled flag holder?

With these changes you are going to need a team coordinating flag running. Not just one random ******* who thinks he's amazing because he has teleports that literally move him 70% of the map with zero effort involved. You are going to need someone that can survive, and who has both heal and crowd control support (from other players!!!) to successfully run a flag. That someone is going to need to be some kind of tank. RS may not be the best at this job! Guess what, mages probably won't be so great either.

It makes the game better. Warfronts are not a single moron with a hero complex. They're about teams actually working together to win.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Why are rogues so obsessed with running flags? Do you see mages whining and *****ing about their lack of flag running versatility?

How about rogues learn a new job in WFS. Like MMs can guard flags better than most people? How about having assassins team up to go kill the turtled flag holder?

With these changes you are going to need a team coordinating flag running. Not just one random ******* who thinks he's amazing because he has teleports that literally move him 70% of the map with zero effort involved. You are going to need someone that can survive, and who has both heal and crowd control support (from other players!!!) to successfully run a flag. That someone is going to need to be some kind of tank. RS may not be the best at this job! Guess what, mages probably won't be so great either.

It makes the game better. Warfronts are not a single moron with a hero complex. They're about teams actually working together to win.
    Its about not having an entire soul invalidated (our -TANKING- soul, btw) because its build doesn't mesh well with WFS. There needs to be a fix, but "No teleports" isn't the answer. BTW, I hate WFS and don't run, ever; I'd just like the game to be fair and viable for everyone. Kind of silly that a tank soul wouldn't be good at grabbing and holding a flag, don't you think?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    Its about not having an entire soul invalidated (our -TANKING- soul, btw) because its build doesn't mesh well with WFS. There needs to be a fix, but "No teleports" isn't the answer. BTW, I hate WFS and don't run, ever; I'd just like the game to be fair and viable for everyone. Kind of silly that a tank soul wouldn't be good at grabbing and holding a flag, don't you think?
    Some souls aren't supposed to be amazing gods of everything in PvP. RS is still super cheap in just regular PvP. There's plenty of value already built into an RS rogue that doesn't need to translate into being gods of flag caps.

Everyone has a niche. Flag-capping, after this patch, isn't going to be the Rogue niche. Good thing you still have a plethora of DPS options that are considered to be some of the most powerful PvP builds in the game (most of which include RS, and are designed to kill people, not run flags).
    Last edited by Patchkid; 02-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Ascendant

With a proper defense setup, a lone person is going to be unsuccessful unless there is a very big defensive breakdown somewhere.

Pre-1.7 when Infiltrator soul was in the game, I ran with a 20-21 point Inf runner spec one day. Note that I'm not a frequent flag runner, I play MM 99.99% of the time when I PvP. Anyway, I stealthed up to the defiant base in Escalation and saw there was two people on defense, both warriors. Then I noticed one had a pet out, which is effectively a third person as far as interrupting a flag pickup goes.

This scenario I had would pretty much shutdown my attempt to grab the stone/flag, so I decide to do an afk check on them by openly grabbing the stone right in plain view, pet moves on me, warriors are not afk. No problem, lets see if they're willing to take the bait and get kited away, so I run up the steps towards the blue orb spawn. Both warriors follow me up along with the pet that's stuck onto me now.

Great, they took the bait, I pop On the Double and jet back to the stone, ditching them by the blue orb area (blue orb was down at the time). I proceed to grab the stone, but the pet stops me for the second, so I Rift Prison it and grab the stone again, it's a gamble now, if I get interrupted again, then I'm screwed for the moment. I finally get the stone and make my way out of the base and back home with like 25-30% hp left from random potshots and DoT's, I'm wearing nearly full valor gear as well.

Of course, this stone grab was only possible due to a defensive breakdown. If the two warriors had held their ground by the stone, I would not have been able to make the grab, and I'd be forced to kill the pet on me, which would take a long time in this spec, or leave their base/call for people to help me out.

Rift Chaser

Some souls aren't supposed to be amazing gods of everything in PvP. RS is still super cheap in just regular PvP. There's plenty of value already built into an RS rogue that doesn't need to translate into being gods of flag caps.

Everyone has a niche. Flag-capping, after this patch, isn't going to be the Rogue niche. Good thing you still have a plethora of DPS options that are considered to be some of the most powerful PvP builds in the game (most of which include RS, and are designed to kill people, not run flags).
    It's a tank soul - Grabbing, transporting and holding a flag is a tanks job. There's really no simpler way to put it. I'm sorry you don't like rogues, but that doesn't mean the souls shouldn't work as intended.

oh you mean, let the warrior handle it. he is warrior for christmas sake, he can do anything and everything, and if he cant cry until trion makes it till he can. What is this hard on for a game completely dominated by warrior cleric synergy. I mean i get that you are attracted to the absolute strongest possible character that is why you choose warrior and cleric, but why does that synergy have to win everysingle facet of rift? Is that really what you call exciting? /yawn, trion please dont make cleric/warrior synergy the best available thing for this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Chaser

Could we maybe Discuss my suggestion? If RS teleports were reduced 50-75% in distance while carrying the flag, I think that would work. For dissenters, why do you think that wouldn't work?

I kind of agree that a reduced distance is more reasonable on teleport. And it should follow line of sight, not disappear behind a wall (WS)/rock (Codex).

Right now you can cap a stone from the enemy's base within 10s of the first cap if you get 2 speed-ups. You had the change coming. WS weekend was 75% rogues. Only having to take the stones from mid meant you could cap it without any chance of losing it.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Could we maybe Discuss my suggestion? If RS teleports were reduced 50-75% in distance while carrying the flag, I think that would work. For dissenters, why do you think that wouldn't work?
    Because that wouldn't solve the problem. No teleporting forward when you use them, but you still gain the buffs/shields when you use them. They stay just as good of tanks are they are now but they're slow like they should be.

Nobody likes games where both teams are standing in their base turtling, rogue run specs just help make those happen. Whether it's guarding the stone from a runner on the other team, or a runner got it and ran back to their base in 20 seconds before anybody had a chance to kill them so their whole team can sit and guard them.

It takes a long time for a tank to carry the flag across the field, the better team will kill that tank before they get to their base to turtle up. If they don't, then nothing has changed except that all classes are equal runners now.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I kind of agree that a reduced distance is more reasonable on teleport. And it should follow line of sight, not disappear behind a wall (WS)/rock (Codex).

Right now you can cap a stone from the enemy's base within 10s of the first cap if you get 2 speed-ups. You had the change coming. WS weekend was 75% rogues. Only having to take the stones from mid meant you could cap it without any chance of losing it.
    i could even see making the avalanche changes in the zerg vs zerg set up of the escalation game. But it makes full length whitefall have basically no variables and no differences from game to game. Zerg vs zerg down your respective side, grab flags, meet in middle, then either go to a turtle 0-0 tie or a complete blow out depending on the results of the zerg vs zerg. Pretty bland uninspired boring healer driven gameplay of standing around doing nothing until one side runs out of mana. at least with runner specs as an option, a team might throw a curve ball.

We dont need any more games based around warriors and clerics being nigh unkillable when around eachother.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Disciple

This and a reduction in non-orb speed boosts, or diminishing returns on speed boosts - mounted players should be able to catch up with rogue runners no problem, it should be their teammates' job to keep enemies off of mounts. Right now if i start mounting up with a rogue runner in front of me, they're half way across the map by the time I'm mounted. A rogue runner should also not be able to zip past an entire team in the middle.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Because that wouldn't solve the problem. No teleporting forward when you use them, but you still gain the buffs/shields when you use them. They stay just as good of tanks are they are now but they're slow like they should be.

Nobody likes games where both teams are standing in their base turtling, rogue run specs just help make those happen. Whether it's guarding the stone from a runner on the other team, or a runner got it and ran back to their base in 20 seconds before anybody had a chance to kill them so their whole team can sit and guard them.

It takes a long time for a tank to carry the flag across the field, the better team will kill that tank before they get to their base to turtle up. If they don't, then nothing has changed except that all classes are equal runners now.
    I would agree with you if RS was as tough as a S&B Warrior, but they're not. No block, worse deflect, worse avoidance, no magical damage reduction that even begins to compare in any way to what VK offers - Taking away teleports from RS is unfair. Leaving them the way they are is also unfair (they're very, very OP atm). I think reduced range is a fair balance.

if you hate warfronts and dont run the flag what are you doing in this thread or pvp warfront section
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    trion please dont make cleric/warrior synergy the best available thing for this too.
    ?????

How are you comparing rogue teleport to TWO CLASSES' combined abilities? Those won't be the only thing running flags after this change goes through. They have much better counters than rogues do now.

The guy above you states that it should be a team effort, instead of put-a-rogue-tank-on-your-team-and-lol. VK/Cleric is good. They can't do "everything" as you suggest.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast