+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP achievements that don't require killing other players; Where are they?

Default PvP achievements that don't require killing other players; Where are they?

The title should read "PvP achievements with rewards that don't require killing players; where are they?" but it wouldn't fit.

I like to play healers and tanks but there's no chance I'll ever get a title from completing the massive pvp achievements because they all require killing other players.

This isn't fair to the healers and tanks out there who prefer to support rather than attack and I hope Trion pays proper tribute to all those thankless heals their characters get.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-22-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Get 7 saves in 1 WF.
    Take over 300k damage in a single wf.

Oo, clerics can get both tank and healer achievements

I agree, it's pretty sucky that healers/tanks/support get shafted in some of the PvP achievements needed for titles. I'm not sure what could be done differently, though.

The moment you add heal achievements, players on callings without heal souls will be unhappy.
    The moment you make titles based only on completing objectives, someone will complain that their class is the worst for tanking or flag running.

Some calling-specific achievements could be pretty fun. I'd love to see titles like "High Mage" or "Warrior King" or something along those lines.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    The title should read "PvP achievements with rewards that don't require killing players; where are they?" but it wouldn't fit.

I like to play healers and tanks but there's no chance I'll ever get a title from completing the massive pvp achievements because they all require killing other players.

This isn't fair to the healers and tanks out there who prefer to support rather than attack and I hope Trion pays proper tribute to all those thankless heals their characters get.
    Ever notice how at the end of a warfront that there is that column for kills? Yea, take a look at it sometime, your not getting 0 kills as a healer.

Those achievements are for kills, not killing blows.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Those achievements are for kills, not killing blows.
    Many not, e.g killing flag carriers in WFS, Codex Commando killing players near the cap points..

I recently finished these up for the overall Lord Of War title, and even as pyro dom which is the most mage dps and control they are a pain to get all of them..

cleric can do it by switching to dps, and the carrier achieves are easier with self heals of course.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    Many not, e.g killing flag carriers in WFS, Codex Commando killing players near the cap points..

I recently finished these up for the overall Lord Of War title, and even as pyro dom which is the most mage dps and control they are a pain to get all of them..

cleric can do it by switching to dps, and the carrier achieves are easier with self heals of course.
    Tru, I thought he meant the PvP ones outside the warfronts.

And yea, its not too hard to switch specs for a few games although everytime you do people QQ about you not playing a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post

To play devils advocate there is a fundamental difference. You won't get DPS awards perhaps because you don't *like* to play your callings DPS builds. But some callings won't get heal awards because their calling *can't* get them. A warrior certainly not, and a bard would probably have to bend over farther backwards to get heal awards than a cleric would have to to get DPS awards. A cleric may have to play a less desired build to get achievements (not saying that's any fun, I have my less desired builds on my calling, understanding that you don't want to play them is np) but a calling like a warrior has *no* build to get healing achievements if they existed. I think that is why they don't have them.

Of course the perfect 20/20 hindsight, if they had all the time and ideas in the world take on it would be that they could have made separate achievements for callings, but still handed them out equally.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Get 7 saves in 1 WF.
    Take over 300k damage in a single wf.
    I don't see either of those. Were they suggestions or were you pointing out some non-killing achievements?

There's at least a dozen that don't require killing.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    To play devils advocate there is a fundamental difference. You won't get DPS awards perhaps because you don't *like* to play your callings DPS builds. But some callings won't get heal awards because their calling *can't* get them. A warrior certainly not, and a bard would probably have to bend over farther backwards to get heal awards than a cleric would have to to get DPS awards. A cleric may have to play a less desired build to get achievements (not saying that's any fun, I have my less desired builds on my calling, understanding that you don't want to play them is np) but a calling like a warrior has *no* build to get healing achievements if they existed. I think that is why they don't have them.

Of course the perfect 20/20 hindsight, if they had all the time and ideas in the world take on it would be that they could have made separate achievements for callings, but still handed them out equally.
    It's not a huge deal, just a "quality of life" issue I'd like to see addressed in Rift. Until they start adding worth while achievements ( cough titles cough) for supporting/healing your team without killing, I'll just have to settle for the achievements players give with their thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    There's at least a dozen that don't require killing.
    Oh I'm sorry, let me just stop healing you while I bend down to loot this corpse. I need my 2 plat after all.

edit: and if you bothered to read my posts, I'm looking for achievements that give titles, because there are plenty of titles for killers, but few if any for saviors.
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This is what came to my mind after reading OP's post. You can get DPS achievements, you just choose not to do what is necessary to get them. Warriors can't get heal achievements. Mages can't get tank achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    This is what came to my mind after reading OP's post. You can get DPS achievements, you just choose not to do what is necessary to get them. Warriors can't get heal achievements. Mages can't get tank achievements.
    Chlorolocks are right up there with me in damage taken.

Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Nobody can get healing achievements, because they don't exist, and my mages tank spec begs to differ. When I play him to troll the other dps I always end up with most damage taken and little deaths while the rest of my team trounces them for not focusing on our healers lol.

If healing/support achievements existed this thread would not. Try again
    Last edited by Trisian; 02-23-2012 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread