+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Licentia
  • 1 Post By Bluntmaster

Thread: Rift PvP - Some Input from Vets?

Plane Touched

Default Rift PvP - Some Input from Vets?

I just came back to the game after a long hiatus (gone since 1.3) and have been PvPing to level up my toons. These are some of my observations:

10-19: seems quite balanced class wise
    20-29: mages and clerics seem to dominate here
    30-39: warriors and clerics pretty strong, particularly warriors

My question is, how is the 40-49 bracket, in terms of class balance?

Level 50 end game PvP doesn't look very appetizing to me because of the valor grind required. Thanks!

Ascendant

40-49 can be absolutely crazy. There's a link in my sig to a warrior video I just did today. I've had clerics global me (4k damage in a split second). Mages and be devastating. And my first death in my video there was at the hands of an NB/RS. I got flattened by an NB/RS last night, too. It seems every calling can be entirely viable in the 40-49 bracket, it's not hard to gear well for it, and you either roll or get rolled.

If you were looking for a pvp game at max level and this was at least 4 months ago, I would have recommended you this game. But right now? Find a better alternative.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    If you were looking for a pvp game at max level and this was at least 4 months ago, I would have recommended you this game. But right now? Find a better alternative.
    40-49 bracket is not unlike 50, with the major difference being that you can gear up in a few hours instead of a few weeks/months :P

There isn't one. Unless you can tolerate dated graphics and low pop for Nwn or D2. Rift pvp is simply the best option you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vencenzo View Post
    There isn't one. Unless you can tolerate dated graphics and low pop for Nwn or D2. Rift pvp is simply the best option you have.
    That pretty much nails it, sadly Rift has become not much more than filler, and at times quite unbearable to play.....I really really really really hope the grass is greener on the GW2 side of the fence
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Plane Touched

Hi Slic I used to play on Bcliff. Point taken but frankly there's not much on the market for MMO PvP at least to my tastes atm. Interesting thing about Rift for me is the skill combos available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vencenzo View Post
    Sad but true. The worst PvP system of MMO history is actually best choice now due to old alternatives being, umm, too old to play anymore.

OP, 40-49 & 50 PvP are beyond your worst dreams, and going worse with every patch. I'd enjoy low level PvP if you can with all these twinks around ruining it due to OP gear being available to them, and wait for a real PvP game. Rift is a filler both PvP & PvE wise, until next good game.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    I just came back to the game after a long hiatus (gone since 1.3) and have been PvPing to level up my toons. These are some of my observations:

10-19: seems quite balanced class wise
    20-29: mages and clerics seem to dominate here
    30-39: warriors and clerics pretty strong, particularly warriors

My question is, how is the 40-49 bracket, in terms of class balance?

Level 50 end game PvP doesn't look very appetizing to me because of the valor grind required. Thanks!
    Why play a game and not bother going max lvl. Lvl 50 pvp is fun for me its a lot more fun then killing low lvl noobs unless your that guy who just enjoys being op in a small bracket that cant handle lvl 50s
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    40-49 can be absolutely crazy. There's a link in my sig to a warrior video I just did today. I've had clerics global me (4k damage in a split second). Mages and be devastating. And my first death in my video there was at the hands of an NB/RS. I got flattened by an NB/RS last night, too. It seems every calling can be entirely viable in the 40-49 bracket, it's not hard to gear well for it, and you either roll or get rolled.
    It's the same for 39 and 29. Fun and balanced but come prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    That pretty much nails it, sadly Rift has become not much more than filler, and at times quite unbearable to play.....I really really really really hope the grass is greener on the GW2 side of the fence
    Look out ! Words from an expert quitter ^

tip: you'll suck there too.
    Last edited by Bluntmaster; 02-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

+ Reply to Thread