+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Put Less people in Warfronts

Default Put Less people in Warfronts

When you have more people in a Warfront, the amount of impact a single good player can make becomes significantly lower.

Take the case of Scion, where you're paired with 19 other people.

I played absolutely superb in that match, but it hardly mattered at all because my performance was averaged out with 19 other player's sub-par performance.

I'd really like to see some smaller Warfronts, ones where you don't just cross your fingers and hope you got better geared people/more healers, and then Zerg the middle holding your breath, and letting that decide the entire Warfront.
    ~Quiescent

Most maps are too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    When you have more people in a Warfront, the amount of impact a single good player can make becomes significantly lower.

I played absolutely superb in that match, but it hardly mattered at all because my performance was averaged out with 19 other player's sub-par performance.

I'd really like to see some smaller Warfronts, ones where you don't just cross your fingers and hope you got better geared people/more healers, and then Zerg the middle holding your breath, and letting that decide the entire Warfront.
    Your K/D ratio is: 27.5
    Not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Most maps are too big.
    Biggest problem

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Biggest problem
    How? The smaller the map is, the more it becomes "They win because X, there's nothing we can do about it."

When you have a big map like Whitefall, you can take advantage of a team that might actually be better than you by not throwing your **** into a meatgrinder and avoiding the inevitable zerg that always happens midfield.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

I'm so sorry they made the big bad pvpers play with the rest of us bads.

Avoiding the enemy is not pvp. It's like pvevp.

Call me old fashion but as long as i got kills that I know I got by myself, I am satisfied.

Having maps like scion, stockpile, escalation and codex where it would easy for people, especially stealthers and fast walkers, avoid people and get objectives done seems boring.

:shrugs:

Plus I need my daily rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    I'm so sorry they made the big bad pvpers play with the rest of us bads.
    I had a feeling I'd get that attitude when I posted a thread like this.
    You'd really rather play a 20v20 Warfront where everything you do doesn't matter at all?
    Or would you rather play a Warfront where you feel you can genuinely make a difference? It's like being on the electoral college versus voting in a caucus. You think it's fun to not matter?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Avoiding the enemy is not pvp. It's like pvevp.

Call me old fashion but as long as i got kills that I know I got by myself, I am satisfied.

Having maps like scion, stockpile, escalation and codex where it would easy for people, especially stealthers and fast walkers, avoid people and get objectives done seems boring.

:shrugs:

Plus I need my daily rage.
    That's exactly my attitude too, but think how much more a kill affects the outcome of a game in a 5v5 versus a 15v15. You catch their healer napping and take him out? Then you wipe the other four because they don't have a healer, and those two groups are set on different spawn timers? A kill can win the game, just like that in a smaller round. I find that way more fun.
    ~Quiescent

You'd really rather play a 20v20 Warfront where everything you do doesn't matter at all?
    Or would you rather play a Warfront where you feel you can genuinely make a difference? It's like being on the electoral college versus voting in a caucus. You think it's fun to not matter?
    This all depends on how I feel at the time. If I'm having a Rambo moment, I run the smaller maps with smaller teams. If I feel like I want to accomplish something as part of a team, I head for the bigger maps with bigger teams.

See, that's why we have multiple maps and multiple team sizes. If you don't like playing on a larger team, don't queue for the large WF's.

Rift Disciple

Hi. Welcome to the rest of us. It's already to the point where it doesn't matter what we do at all. Unless you're r40 and in full gear you might as well afk at spawn to deny the other team your easy favor.

You guys do nothing but complain about bads, yet you don't want us to get good either. As long as there is a gear gap at all, you're discouraging people to even bother pvping. Adding a long-*** grind to it where all you can do is get your face smashed in doesn't help either.

So no, I don't think it's fun to not matter, I just think you're a tad ignorant and a bit selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    Hi. Welcome to the rest of us. It's already to the point where it doesn't matter what we do at all. Unless you're r40 and in full gear you might as well afk at spawn to deny the other team your easy favor.

You guys do nothing but complain about bads, yet you don't want us to get good either. As long as there is a gear gap at all, you're discouraging people to even bother pvping. Adding a long-*** grind to it where all you can do is get your face smashed in doesn't help either.

So no, I don't think it's fun to not matter, I just think you're a tad ignorant and a bit selfish.
    If you're concerned about a gear gap, this is the wrong thread.
    This is about making Warfronts smaller.
    ~Quiescent

Mei

Should I start posting ridiculous scores too?!?!?
    Fluent

I matter in Port Scion.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I matter in Port Scion.
    So do I, but no one matters enough to change the tide of a 20v20 battle.
    No one should be able to. If they did, it'd be just plain imbalanced.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast