+ Reply to Thread

Thread: endurance vs valor

Default endurance vs valor

Has anyone worked out an effective equivalency?

I'm assessing 33 valor vs 22 endurance. My current thinking is the valor is a superior option (currently at 51% damage mitigation), but am unsure.
    Last edited by overbyte; 02-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Ascendant

22 endurance = 198 hp. with 51% valor mitigation, that's an EHP of 404 if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know what your current max hp is to compare with 51% vs 52.32%, which is what it will be if you add 33 valor to 51%.

Although, to answer your question, I don't know what the general effective equivalency across all valor/hp amounts.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Valor is always superior to endurance unless you're in a 1v1 situation with no healing abilities.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    Valor is always superior to endurance unless you're in a 1v1 situation with no healing abilities.
    I would pretty much go with this, it's much easier to heal someone that has high amounts of EHP due to valor than it is to heal someone with 12k hp and no/barely any valor.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Depending on how high your actual health is, valor usually beats flat health when it comes to Effective Health. Effective Health formula = Health / (1-mitigation) just use this formula and put it your health and valor mitigation and see which yields higher effective health. For me having ~10000 health, the having 6x33 valor essences > 4x33 valor + 50 endurance from the life faction lessers.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Shadowlander

A couple weeks ago I was wondering the same question, I calculated valor to be ~80% as effective as endurance for my character; I think that was with 1400 valor and 9k health at the time, your mileage varies according to your current health/valor. The caveat is, that's only if you don't get healed at all - healing favors valor over endurance (would you rather get hit for 5k out of 10k health, then get healed for 4k - or get hit for 4k out of 8k health, then get healed for the same 4k?). Using the 80% figure, valor pulls ahead of end if you get healed for more than 20% of the damage you take, and you should be getting that much healing even as a dps (you can confirm by checking wf scoreboard, compare healing taken to damage taken). End is a little better if you're a dps that doesn't get any healing (due to dueling, 1v1 wpvp, ambushing enemy sourcestone carriers or whatever.. but if you're doing that, shouldn't you have at least a little self healing in your spec?), and valor can be much better if you're getting healed at all.

TLDR: 1 endurance is similar to 1 valor, valor is probably better, but it depends on your hp and how much you get healed. Take 33 valor over 22 end definitely.
    Last edited by Avloren; 02-22-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Ascendant

A more general form to see the multiplier damage reduction has is just 1 / (1 - mitigation).

So with 10% reduction, you get ~1.11x EHP
    25% - ~1.33x
    40% - ~1.67x
    45% - ~1.82x
    50% - 2x
    55% - ~2.22x
    75% - 4x

and just for giggles, if extremely high amounts of reduction.
    98% - 50x
    99% - 100x

So yes, you can see how rapidly the EHP scales up when someone has high total overall reductions.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-22-2012 at 07:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread