+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Port Scion: "Hidden" mechanic which gives Defiants a disadvantage in Boss Race

RIFT Fan Site Operator Drakkashi's Avatar

Default Port Scion: "Hidden" mechanic which gives Defiants a disadvantage in Boss Race

Okay, so I found this on the life servers due to the mercenary system, and I wonder how many actually knows this:

In Port Scion, Veylara (Guardian mini-boss dispatched to Idol of the Planes) and also Blade Master Keelan (Guardian mini-boss dispatched to Idol of the Gods) for that matter resets their HP until they reach the destroyed Idol, so damaging them until then is useless.

But Vachii Odego (Defiant mini-boss dispatched to Planar Flux) however, CAN be damage on his way to the Planar Flux, because for some reason, he doesn't reset his HP at all.. (Don't know about the Planar Capacitor boss though).

I have a had time figuring out how this is fair, as it gives Guardian site a huge advantage in a race for the opponent's boss.

Break down:
    • Guardians destroy Planar Flux, and shred Vachii to bits on their way to the Defiant Boss
    • Meanwhile Defiant only gets to destroy an Idol, as they don't have the time for either of the idol bosses to reach their destination.
    • Ultimately if both attacks are prevented or recalled, Guardians have 2 Idols and 2 mini-bosss, while Defiants have Planar Capacitor and 1 mini-boss.
    • Bare in mind that the time elapsed and efforts of both teams are the same. Defiants just doesn't have the time to wait, while the Guardians doesn't have to.

Please change the mechanics so either ALL or NONE of the bosses reset HP on their journey to their destination.

Now I'll take cover from the forecast of troll rain striking this thread like meteors.

:: Drakkashi.com :: Facebook :: Twitter ::
    Tinon & Svanhildr - Icewatch (EU)

Rift Master

just remove all mobs and make the idols flags like codex
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Plane Touched

I have seen Odego complete heal, but yes it doesn't happen every time. (I am guardian by the way). I assumed it depends on how early he got tagged or combat modifiers silence/disarm.

I have also seen blade master not heal sometimes if you attack him early.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkashi View Post
    Okay, so I found this on the life servers due to the mercenary system, and I wonder how many actually knows this:

In Port Scion, Veylara (Guardian mini-boss dispatched to Idol of the Planes) and also Blade Master Keelan (Guardian mini-boss dispatched to Idol of the Gods) for that matter resets their HP until they reach the destroyed Idol, so damaging them until then is useless.

But Vachii Odego (Defiant mini-boss dispatched to Planar Flux) however, CAN be damage on his way to the Planar Flux, because for some reason, he doesn't reset his HP at all.. (Don't know about the Planar Capacitor boss though).

I have a had time figuring out how this is fair, as it gives Guardian site a huge advantage in a race for the opponent's boss.

Break down:
    • Guardians destroy Planar Flux, and shred Vachii to bits on their way to the Defiant Boss
    • Meanwhile Defiant only gets to destroy an Idol, as they don't have the time for either of the idol bosses to reach their destination.
    • Ultimately if both attacks are prevented or recalled, Guardians have 2 Idols and 2 mini-bosss, while Defiants have Planar Capacitor and 1 mini-boss.
    • Bare in mind that the time elapsed and efforts of both teams are the same. Defiants just doesn't have the time to wait, while the Guardians doesn't have to.

Please change the mechanics so either ALL or NONE of the bosses reset HP on their journey to their destination.

Now I'll take cover from the forecast of troll rain striking this thread like meteors.
    It's been a known and reported issue for the majority of time Rift has been a live game. One of those things that most people simply no longer care abut anymore. After all, one can only put so much time into trying to see gross imbalances corrected and never receiving a response. I gave up on this subject a good six months ago.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

I think it depends on how far from the idol you attack it at.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Did this tonight, soon as he was summoned I started attacking him and had him at 80% by the time he got to the flux.

Plane Touched

You're supposed to kill players, not mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Just set my damn score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of you idiots rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome. I am absolutely sick of this crap, if your just gonna rig the gameplay to achieve this 56 ******** everytime then just set it there at the beginning and then let me ****ing play.

Heh, I realized this the first time I was a merc. I was like - oh wow this bosses HP doesn't reset when it comes running.......
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

My question is...

Does Veylara go down like a wet noodle if she gets focused (never fought her directly) and does Vachii, in comparison, tank like a MoFo ?

I'm just spitballing here, but this could be a case of a weaker mob healing itself to level the field, while a stronger mob does not.

Or, it could actually be busted...

Rift Disciple

ITT: waaaahhhh, im defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    ITT: waaaahhhh, im defiant
    Your word of the day is: Consistency. Look it up and apply its definition to the topic at hand.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I noticed this. The first defiant champion at the one near the defiant spawn continually resets to 100% health. The second (vachii) does not.

I just assumed that it was intended. I did not know the guardian ones both reset to 100% until they hit the idol.

Though I honestly dislike these champions anyway, I want them removed or replaced by a 'champion' player, much like how Warhammer did.

Rift Disciple

It makes such a miniscule difference. Either your team has the dps to destroy the mini, or they don't and the idol is respawned. It's a net gain of 10 seconds tops to start dps early like that, cry me a river. Defiant can get the dragon a little faster than us, did it as a merc. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    It makes such a miniscule difference. Either your team has the dps to destroy the mini, or they don't and the idol is respawned. It's a net gain of 10 seconds tops to start dps early like that, cry me a river. Defiant can get the dragon a little faster than us, did it as a merc. QQ
    When both sides used to do boss rushes on the molinar battlegroup (river--flux--miniboss--boss) last year we would sometimes kill the mini-boss before he even reached the flux. In 3~ minute games (from gate down to finish) where both teams rush ten seconds would make the difference sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast