+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Lets get some content ideas rollin

Default Lets get some content ideas rollin

Is bored of pvp so on forums again. Everything has been about balance lately, leaving little to no room for content. So lets get some content ideas rolling.

For example : A colliseum with a arena area where you step into and are hostile to everyone ouitside group.
    Also have a area where a player stays in until someone beats them 1v1 then that player stays until he/she loses.
    How about a 5v5v5v5 wf where objectives are more kb total based.

Your turn.Please limit discussion to just content ideas for pvp. We need them.

Ascendant

Have Vencenzo and Tyaus put into an arena and have 10 man teams come in and try to wipe them as they cross heal each other.

On a serious note, if there was a WF where people of different shards could come together to do whatever it would be nice. No objectives, just a death match type of deal. Make it so people can "reserve" it for just their team vs. another designated team. That way no random PUGS get in the way and skew the outcome. Basically what we have now except with the ability to choose your opponent and keep randoms out. A true premade system.

Also, give us tourney brackets or a ladder system or something so that people like Am0n don't have to keep score with pencil and paper. Give us a way so that people on different shards can come together to have dueling battles or 5v5, 10v10 or 20v20 guild matchups. Basically what is going on on PTS except making it so people don't have to download a new client and so that the game itself keeps score.

Will any of this happen? Probably not, which is why when GW2 comes out, Rift will be f2p sadly. SWTOR already took a big chunk of the playerbase considering all the server mergers that happened when it came out (coincidence? I think not). If SWTOR can do that, GW2 will make Rift a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    when GW2 comes out, Rift will be f2p sadly. SWTOR already took a big chunk of the playerbase considering all the server mergers that happened when it came out (coincidence? I think not). If SWTOR can do that, GW2 will make Rift a ghost town.
    this x 100

Shard merges happened to consolidate the population so there's more filled shards. Trion actually started with a smaller number of shards, then released a lot more shards since they were all full up for months after release. At least that's the impression I've got. Don't act like a noob and doomsday talk at the first glance of shard merges. They're just scaling things back appropriately.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Have Vencenzo and Tyaus put into an arena and have 10 man teams come in and try to wipe them as they cross heal each other.

On a serious note, if there was a WF where people of different shards could come together to do whatever it would be nice. No objectives, just a death match type of deal. Make it so people can "reserve" it for just their team vs. another designated team. That way no random PUGS get in the way and skew the outcome. Basically what we have now except with the ability to choose your opponent and keep randoms out. A true premade system.

Also, give us tourney brackets or a ladder system or something so that people like Am0n don't have to keep score with pencil and paper. Give us a way so that people on different shards can come together to have dueling battles or 5v5, 10v10 or 20v20 guild matchups. Basically what is going on on PTS except making it so people don't have to download a new client and so that the game itself keeps score.

Will any of this happen? Probably not, which is why when GW2 comes out, Rift will be f2p sadly. SWTOR already took a big chunk of the playerbase considering all the server mergers that happened when it came out (coincidence? I think not). If SWTOR can do that, GW2 will make Rift a ghost town.
    And I don't know of a single person from my, queued, server of Faeblight that went to ToR that hasn't already come back to Rift. Rift subscriptions are up. Also, there are many, many people who simply do not like the foundation upon which Guild Wars is built - I'm one of them.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Shard merges happened to consolidate the population so there's more filled shards. Trion actually started with a smaller number of shards, then released a lot more shards since they were all full up for months after release. At least that's the impression I've got. Don't act like a noob and doomsday talk at the first glance of shard merges. They're just scaling things back appropriately.
    ^Yes

And to add to it with actual numbers, Trion originally estimated 17 servers as ideal for Rift. Shortly after launch, this number inflated drastically up into the 50s. Just recently, they were finally able to scale it back and are at a very healthy 16 - almost precisely the ideal number they wanted.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Prophet of Telara

I got a laugh out of your new sig. Wasnt expecting that!

You know when going to the forums becomes more fun than the PVP, something is wrong.
    Last edited by Tyaus; 02-21-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Kill based winning WF map. First to X amount of kills wins. Spice it up however Trion sees fit, keep that as the framework though.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Dear Lord. That sig edit had me rofling.

Every time our guild tries to 5v5 bg it adds more players as the game winds down. What's up with that ish? Weaksauce.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I got a laugh out of your new sig. Wasnt expecting that!

You know when going to the forums becomes more fun than the PVP, something is wrong.
    I was starting to wonder if I'm the only person whos started to veiw trolling as the last competitive niche of multiplayer Rpg's. Rift just needs new content. With D3, I spend 90% of the time on forums and 10% playing beta.

kaspurtz already has a content thread going, so I guess it's ok to get off topic.
    Last edited by Vencenzo; 02-21-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vencenzo View Post
    I was starting to wonder if I'm the only person whos started to veiw trolling as the last competitive niche of multiplayer Rpg's. Rift just needs new content. With D3, I spend 90% of the time on forums and 10% playing beta.

kaspurtz already has a content thread going, so I guess it's ok to get off topic.
    Because Kaspurtz' thread is really on topic, right
    ~Quiescent

There is a game that exists right now that has been around for the past 7 years that has the specific kind of content you're requesting, it's called World of Warcraft, go check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Telaran

I've been tinkering with some PvP ideas. I was thinking of something to the effect of increasing the rewards from PvP rifts and rewarding more of the overall profits towards participation such that just DOING it gets you stuff; success gets you a little extra.

Repeatable quests in every zone to go kill members of the enemy faction. Not dailies, just repeatable. Rewards drop off after the first one of the day so that continuing participation is still rewarded but not necessary; intended to couple with new PvP objectives.

Weekly quest to raid an enemy city. Crush the wardstone and claim it for yourselves for credit. This yields a zone-wide buff to XP and Favor gains when done, as well as prestige, so as to give incentives towards doing it without the quest.

Some PvP hot-spot overlapping with PvE hot-spot. Thinking of a land for farming, like a new Ember Isle some time down the road, that has similar quests for killing players but with more rewards on the vicious side of things.

Not sure how to maintain the "RIFT > ENEMY FACTION" in terms of story threat levels. Don't know if I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Kill based winning WF map. First to X amount of kills wins. Spice it up however Trion sees fit, keep that as the framework though.
    ^ This, I would love a map that is just kill based. Each team lets say starts at 1000 pts and you lose 2 pts for each player death. First Team to zero loses. Make it a small map with environmental hazards like maybe random mob spawns, pools of acid, fire bursting out of the ground etc... This would spice things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeleo View Post
    I've been tinkering with some PvP ideas. I was thinking of something to the effect of increasing the rewards from PvP rifts and rewarding more of the overall profits towards participation such that just DOING it gets you stuff; success gets you a little extra.

Repeatable quests in every zone to go kill members of the enemy faction. Not dailies, just repeatable. Rewards drop off after the first one of the day so that continuing participation is still rewarded but not necessary; intended to couple with new PvP objectives.

Weekly quest to raid an enemy city. Crush the wardstone and claim it for yourselves for credit. This yields a zone-wide buff to XP and Favor gains when done, as well as prestige, so as to give incentives towards doing it without the quest.

Some PvP hot-spot overlapping with PvE hot-spot. Thinking of a land for farming, like a new Ember Isle some time down the road, that has similar quests for killing players but with more rewards on the vicious side of things.

Not sure how to maintain the "RIFT > ENEMY FACTION" in terms of story threat levels. Don't know if I care.
    Only problem if you had repeatable rather then daily is people would farm each other voluntarily. Now if there were enough quests in areas that were PvP orientated there would be lots of fighting. Those quests would need to be worth it and should have objectives like destroy the Guardian wardstones in Shimmersand and vice versa. You can even have specific quests target specific faction NPCs.

If say Guardians have a quest to go kill NPC Bob that day the Defiants should have the counter, to protect NPC Bob.

If Defiants have a quest to destroy Guardian Wardstones in Shimmersand then Guardians have a quest to protect it. Hell there could be PvP Zone Events!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast