+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche!, aka Numlock

Rift Master

Default Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche!, aka Numlock

* Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche: Carriers can no longer use teleport abilities.
    * Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche: Carriers no longer gain the benefit of movement speed-increasing abilities.

Why not allow Rogues with Riftstalker specs unable to queue. Problem solved.

Instead, they pick up a flag and hit numlock, since everything they rely on to stay alive is in those 2 sentences. Brilliant change.

Up next: Codex: Vault Break-In
    * Codex: Vault Break-In: Players can no longer Stealth
    * Codex: Vault Break-In: Players can no longer Fan Out
    Last edited by Petgroup; 02-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Warfront adjustments: Rogues have been given their own separate pool to que in since they are so bad ***.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

a much needed change that came literally months overdue.
    Last edited by overbyte; 02-20-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    * Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche: Carriers no longer gain the benefit of movement speed-increasing abilities.

Instead, they pick up a flag and hit numlock, since everything they rely on to stay alive is in those 2 sentences. Brilliant change.

Waah:

Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche - Rogues are now just like all the other souls.

Totally weak, yet another change to dumb down the game.

If Trion is going to completely negate a Rogue's defences, I don't see why they need to stop there. The fair thing to do is make it so a flag carrier can't do anything thing except attack. No healing themselves, or shielding themselves, ect.

Then we can just rename Whitefall, Zerg Ball.

Up next: QQ posts about Warrior and Cleric flag carriers.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Just...wow.

I just don't even know what to say. I won't even start with how many different ways this is ****ed up.

What's next, a Black Garden version where picking up the fang perma-roots you and makes you immune to all heals?

I'm seriously glad I don't PvP much anymore. This kinda stuff comes along and Trion's going to loose my money to the first company that doesn't just immediately cater to the LCD.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post

Ouch, that is pretty harsh they just completely eliminated an entire build and purpose. Now looks like whitefalls will be a complete turtle match no need to even leave the base if they get your stone its not like they can out run you. Guess I better renew netflix.
    Patches Warriors have been screwed: 1.8/1.8

Oh neat it'll be like those few actual fun matches when there wasn't a runner and teams of people actually got to play the game to get the flag.

Glad to be able to queue whitefall again!
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-20-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Ascendant

It's on the PTS for testing (or will be very soon) and all I've seen is that it has a new name so I don't know if "Avalanche" is code for "bury the whiners in joy so they shut up for a while" or what, but I think it's a ridiculous change. If that's the extent of the change..."We're giving it a new name and castrating rogues," I say bollocks. If, for example,, maybe there was an avalanche that knocked off about 1/3 of the map and they shifted stone locations to shorten it, maybe it will work. If it stays the same length with no ports and movement speed buffs, it's going to be even worse for turtles than it is now.

This is what the average WS match looks like in my wargroup. There are no rogue runners, just people who don't know what they're doing and refuse to try anything that works. So you get the losing team defending against a loss instead of pushing for a win. Baddies will blame that on rogue runners. "They wouldn't be turtling like that if it weren't for rogue runners forcing them to."

Pfffffffft.

Rift Master

Both sides could have a Rogue runner spec currently. Why cry when your own team could do it?

Removing a teleport from a Mage does nothing. Removing a teleport from a Riftstalker breaks the class unless they somehow magically keep the effects.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 02-20-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

They aren't doing anything to riftsalkers in whitefall. You can still blink or do whatever rifstalker things you desire.....just not with the flag

This change should have been made 1 year ago.
    afk tera.

Ascendant

Great change.

I've been suggesting this for 6 months. Finally, riftstalkers will have to use some skill and team play to run the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Great change.

I've been suggesting this for 6 months. Finally, riftstalkers will have to use some skill and team play to run the flag.
    more like get used to it lasting 20 mins every match in a tie or with one capture

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    more like get used to it lasting 20 mins every match in a tie or with one capture
    Yeah right. People can actually go attack now because they don't have to stare at their flag to stop a riftstalker from trololol5blinkingacrossthemap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast