+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: An Open Letter to TrollMercs:

Default An Open Letter to TrollMercs:

You know who you are...

You're the ones who get assigned as a merc, and decide that you're going to win one for your faction by not fighting...

You're the ones who run around looting while the best players on the team die in front of you...

You're the ones who tell the other team where all the rogues are stealthed...

You're the ones who take all the powerups and never use them...

Well, I got news for you.

I don't care. I am going to play the way I have always played, no matter which side I am assigned to. Until Trion gives us the option not to be a merc, I will play for whatever team I am assigned to as if it were my own. I will ignore you, I will report you if necessary, and I will go cap that flag, steal that sourcestone, or grab that fang for the other faction, if I am assigned to them. I will help out in WF chat, I will mark healers.

In other words, no matter what you do, I will play my f'n heart out for whatever team I am on.

Now go troll someone else, kthxbai!
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

I'm sure at some point they will get bored of wasting their time and realize it's a better deal to try and win. Plus you get the added bonus of killing friends and guildies.

Half of the time I don't even realize that I am a mercenary until the end and the scoreboard shows up. I don't mind being a merc, it's fun standing back casting next to a Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Konkrypt View Post
    Half of the time I don't even realize that I am a mercenary until the end and the scoreboard shows up. I don't mind being a merc, it's fun standing back casting next to a Dwarf.
    But the little people are scary and need to be killed.

I'm not really complaining about being a merc. I don't mind, and favor is favor. I was just having a pi$$y moment because I had a bad WF where there were over half the team as mercs who were having a chitchat and actively cheating for the other team instead of actually playing. We lost 1000 to something like 200.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rift Master

You're the ones who run around looting while the best players on the team die in front of you...
    I loot money no matter what side I'm on. I'm also close to the loot 100 plat achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    I loot money no matter what side I'm on. I'm also close to the loot 100 plat achieve.
    Truly, I wasn't aiming this at folks like you... I was talking about the merc who was watching me and a teammate fight off about 7 of the other team and instead of helping, looted all the corspes and then ran off. The guys we were fighting didn't even try to hit him. Made me think he was talking to at least one of them. I think I saw the same guild name on at least one other player (for the other team.)

I am sure had you been there, you would have at least attempted to help us.

Sorry if I implied that all mercs were like the ones I am complaining about.

And congrats on the achievement! I hope to make it someday
    Last edited by Renna; 02-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.

I'm not trolling when I do that, trolling is secretive. I'm very blatant that I have no interest in seeing Failiant win.
    Even free cost too much now

OP, There is very little that can be done about that sort of player.

They may be acting that way for a number of reasons but if their actions destroy your ingame experience, write down the names and treat them according to whatever your beliefs dictate.

I played many Whitefalls this weekend ( around 200K favor ) and while I was merc a good percentage of the time, I played in exactly one match where a merc actively played in a spirit that I thought was inappropriate.

Good Luck, Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    I'm sure at some point they will get bored of wasting their time and realize it's a better deal to try and win. Plus you get the added bonus of killing friends and guildies.
    Failing that, they will eventually realize that there are mercs on the other team, so doing nothing to help out their faction is also helping the enemy - the exact opposite of what they are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

You are jumping to conclusions, if i saw 2 people trying to fight off 7 i would of done the same thing. I would have left the 2 and went and found the core group which was what that person probably did.
    "any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank" Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Issacofxeth View Post
    You are jumping to conclusions, if i saw 2 people trying to fight off 7 i would of done the same thing. I would have left the 2 and went and found the core group which was what that person probably did.
    While I understand, and truthfully, can't say that I wouldn't do the same, I found it strange that a bit of "attention" wasn't shown to him/her, especially considering how close he/she was to us. If I had tried to do that, at least one of the 7 or so would have at least tried to hit me once.

As I said before, I wasn't trying to say that everyone was acting a fool. I was venting because in this particular instance, it sure as heck seemed like he/she was working with the other side (along with several others.)

I have fought a few more WF since this one, and none were anywhere near that bad. Yeah, we lost some, but it was this one instance that just seemed wrong on so many levels. I had to get something off my chest that just didn't sit well with me.

Thank you all for understanding and trust me when I say that a couple of "bad apples" definitely does not spoil the bushel for me. I will be back in WF, and playing my little heart out, no matter what the outcome.

See you all in-game!

Overall I don't really care which side I am on, red is dead as the saying goes. Besides for all those saying they do not wish to kill their 'side' I have yet to see that stop said 'side' from wtf pwning you as you stand there. I play to win, which is why even though I prefer to dps I am almost always in full heal spec as a cleric doing what I can, and that doesn't change if im a guardian or defiant. One thing I hate is when someone tells me a true pvper wouldn't kill their own side, ffs a TRUE pvper wouldn't give two crap's, they would adhere to red is dead and pew pew away.

Only people I consider to have a legitimate complaint are the role players, even then I could easily rp a reason of why my Guardian is for this match on the defiant side. You know how many costumes are in game? pretend to be a spy, or that your studying the defiant methods or anything, and please the whole but I killed my brother! isn't going to cut it, we are ascended guard or defiant they know as well as you, you'll be back. Not saying I do or don't agree it should be a choice just my 2 cents that as long as it isn't a choice you shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else, if it bothers you that much call out or take the debuff.
    Last edited by Xillean; 02-20-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Red is dead. That is the only thing I care about when I join a warfront. The only thing I dislike about being a merc is that the guardian accolade voice annoys me.

Honestly, in a lot of cases, I enjoy playing as a merc. Being that I haven't been in a guild for over 6 months, I just take pleasure in killing people who annoy me in /50 chat . I have to admit, killing Bunzy was very fun.

Granted, if I see someone fighting 7v2, I'm not getting involved in that regardless of which side I'm on. I enjoy a tough fight and all, but I'm no fool. I get shot to pieces enough as it is lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

This weekend I played many hours on my warrior, seeking the crystal and 2 more pieces of armor.

I played mainly whitefall and I very much enjoyed my time as a merc and as a guardian.

Thanks all it was great fun and I appreciated the heals and acceptance I received while playing as a merc defiant side.

I found the defiant mercs to be excellent overall and appreciated games where our 20-30 players would get shuffled from one match to the next.

There was a shirtless dwarven mage who played some of the most effective ballsy PvP I have seen in ages, great team member and a super challenge if teamed against you!

go mercs!
    Last edited by Duvain; 02-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast