+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disparity with different builds in PvP; buffing after death can take ages!

Shadowlander

Default Disparity with different builds in PvP; buffing after death can take ages!

Hi

I have an issue with PvP/Warfronts, where some of my characters have to spend a long time buffing back up (for instance my Inquisicar build has 8 buffs, which take absolutely ages to rebuff after each death) compared to others which have maybe one or two buffs at most. It makes me want to not bother playing the builds with lots of buffs because it is so boring and time consuming - I just want to jump back into the action and get revenge!

I propose that players who get killed in warfronts do not have their buffs dispelled (the mechanics are already there; think the elixirs that persist through death) unless they expire naturally or are purged by another player.

Otherwise, a functional change which would also benefit PvE and raids etc are a single cast to rebuff all of your buffs at once that perhaps takes a couple of seconds more to cast off, but I understand that a lot of programming might be needed for a mechanic like this.

Anyone else find this annoying and a bit imbalanced? Any other suggestions for a simple fix?

Not only does classes who require more buffing take longer to get back into the fight, they are the most susceptible to being purged. *shrugs*

This just proves people will complain about any and everything, why not just allow your toon to be auto bots in warfronts so you won't have to be troubled with playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Meh, like I said, one of the most undisputed changes I saw eq2 put in (everyones puts up a fit about something). The day buffs became death persistent everyone was a more happy camper. It didn't change crap much anything or make anything feel easier. It made it feel like you didn't have to press a pre-set order of buttons everytime you die. I was not a pvp'er in that game though, I did pve at the top end. And even in PvE, death persistent buffs made little difference in how effective you were. When people were dying you were already farther in trouble than you wanted to be. Of course you could not have this coupled with Rift allowing you to buff ungrouped people or remain buffed when you leave group. We would have to pick one or the other. The way it is now works, requires rebuffing and has the advantage of gaining other peoples buffs once you leave the group. But I guess I felt all group buffs being aura buffs (if you are in range you benefit) and all non-ally only buffs being death persistent. The game was years into it's progress when it did it though so inherently some classes had a lot of buffing to do, especially bard/enchanter classes. But I just remember when the change happened it was less of a headache for everyone.

Hitting 2 - 5 buttons everytime you die while you run to the battle doesn't make you leet or more adept to adversity. Not like I really care that much. I'm fine with it either way. Just because I am fine with it and don't care about having to buff doesn't mean I don't think theres a better way to do it. It's whatev though. Atleast most are on the run. Really the high spec bards I feel bad for. Casting 3 fanfares is kind of annoying. This is rogue on rogue crime i'm even speaking of now. Theres something whack when a rogue is 1gcd'ing buffs away 2x at a time and the person is only able to set them up 1 at a time, 3gcd's at a time. Fun-mode.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    This just proves people will complain about any and everything, why not just allow your toon to be auto bots in warfronts so you won't have to be troubled with playing the game?
    So you're complaining about complaining? I'm not taking the bait lol, I just made a simple suggestion to improve pvp game play - If nobody speaks out about things they don't like, things don't get fixed!

Not sure if you genuinely don't get it or are just trolling, a little sad either way.

More classes need spammable purges besides Rogues, or no class needs spammable purges. Then it needs to be balanced around this.

Next we need a built-in macro or autobuffer that bypasses global cooldown to self buff all of the buffs you want, but is only useable in warfronts within 5 or so seconds after respawning. Alternatively, once per 'life' and 1hr buffs now last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Hitting 2 - 5 buttons everytime you die while you run to the battle doesn't make you leet or more adept to adversity. Not like I really care that much. I'm fine with it either way. Just because I am fine with it and don't care about having to buff doesn't mean I don't think theres a better way to do it. It's whatev though.
    Exactly. Time =/= challenge. When I'm running Inquisitor, I have about eight buffs to pop upon respawn. I can do these while running in relative safety before I hit the battlefield. There's no skill, there's no challenge.

Is it manageable? Sure. But it's foolish to claim it's "challenge" or that working harder just to work harder is a worthy goal, rather than working smarter.

I dont even play Inquisicar anymore in PvP because of this nuisance. Agree with the OP. It really is annoying.

Maybe remove the GcD on buffs..
    Last edited by Eluna; 02-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.

I played Beast Mastery for a few levels before hitting 50. I tried some PvP and did not like buffing myself with that many buffs. I will vouch for this being a nuisance, but not a hindrance.

Ascendant

I agree that it's a nuisance. It falls under the auspices of "quality of life" and we've seen the devs make adjustments specifically to address quality of life concerns, so here's to hoping that this is something that gets looked at at some point.

+ Reply to Thread